FC Barcelona thread

Oh don't get me wrong I miss Eto'o as well and he would be perfect right now I am just going back to last seasons centre forward.

Eh, I always found Zlatan to be a little bit of a myth. keen eye for goal but not parrrtttiiiicularly creative. IMHO!!!!!

The majority of people think Zlatan is overrated, I think he is fucking brilliant and would love to have him at Liverpool.

Bannermania said:
Eh, I always found Zlatan to be a little bit of a myth. keen eye for goal but not parrrtttiiiicularly creative. IMHO!!!!!

I don't think the problem is he isn't creative, it's that he's often selfish and ***** up the run of play. Still a great talent though.

Scotty said:
Bannermania said:

I don't think the problem is he isn't creative, it's that he's often selfish and **** up the run of play. Still a great talent though.

agreed. when the team revolves around Zlatan, he can be awesome. But try to slot him into a proven system that already works with him or without him and he looks very much out of place. Hes playing great for Milan.

Epic win this morning! 5-0 against Sevilla and Villa and Messi destroyed them through the middle of the park, was easily Villa's best display for Barca capped off with a couple of great finishes and well Messi he just gets better and better.

Awesome! I loved it when mine came earlier in the year.

Team is ticking a long nicely, el clasico is looming and both sides are in good touch so could be a real epic. Messi is in golden form at the moment and I haven't missed a minute this season, feel like I need to see as much of this genius while he is this good because there won't be anyone like him any time soon.

Just finished watching the big 2 play their matches, Barca walked all over Almeria 8-0 and it is hard to take the result as any more than a training match Messi was brilliant as were Pedro, Bojan and Alves but it is hard to gauge because Almeria were awful. Madrid were outplayed for decent periods by Bilbao who are always good in big matches but class showed in the end as they took their chances. Man Ronaldo pisses me off, he came up with some of the biggest dives you will ever see today, he is such a turd. Mourinho could have his touchline ban extended as well after he was blatantly giving instructions from the front row of the crowd, he is such a wanker thinks he is above the law.

Pretty happy with how things are going this season, Ozil is pure class, Di Maria is disappointing at times, Cronaldo has been brilliant as usual. Pepe doing a great job and Carvalho solid as usual. Marcelo has improved by leaps and bounds. LB was a weakness before the season started but not so much anymore. Higuain still worries me a little in terms of finishing a crucial chance in a big game, but hopefully he will come through, Benzema is providing a nice spark of the bench while the young spaniards have added so much depth on the bench.

We should be able to take points at the Camp Nou, a draw wouldn't be a bad result at all. Mourinho has given this team a real identity which they have lacked in the past. Having the best manager in world football, by far, certainly helps in all areas.

fenomeno said:
Pretty happy with how things are going this season, Ozil is pure class, Di Maria is disappointing at times, Cronaldo has been brilliant as usual. Pepe doing a great job and Carvalho solid as usual. Marcelo has improved by leaps and bounds. LB was a weakness before the season started but not so much anymore. Higuain still worries me a little in terms of finishing a crucial chance in a big game, but hopefully he will come through, Benzema is providing a nice spark of the bench while the young spaniards have added so much depth on the bench.

We should be able to take points at the Camp Nou, a draw wouldn't be a bad result at all. Mourinho has given this team a real identity which they have lacked in the past. Having the best manager in world football, by far, certainly helps in all areas.

Yeah I think a draw is a very likely result, Mourinho knows how to get a result against Barca and he has a fantastic side defensively to close our possession game down and make it much harder to get clear. Should be a very tight and organised match between two incredible well coached/organised sides. I predict 1-1 but either Cronaldo or Messi could really be the difference between two sides so well matched.

I would be annoyed if a Barca player/coach decided to do that, however I can see why they did it and how it will help them come the round of 16.

Fuckin raped, embarassing. Disappointing to see Mourinho get outcoached...Not even in the mood to discuss any details.

We were superb and Madrid were just outplayed by a far superior team that played perfectly to its game plan. Mourinho tried to use the duel defensive midfielders to negate Xavi/Iniesta/Messi and both were not good enough, neither Kedira or Alonso are good enough defensively at this level to cope with these guys. Mourinho used Essien and Makelele at Chelsea and Cambiasso and Motta at Inter to suffocate our players these two are not in the class of those guys defensively and it showed. We raped them in the middle of the park and out wide we were just as effective Abidal probably had his best game in our colours while Alves was brilliant as usual. I couldn't single out one good performance from Madrid they were so badly out played and the tactics they used were never going to work against Barca at home. Ronaldo is a classless turd, Guardiola has the ball in his hand for him to take and he pushes him??? He also showed again that when he plays great opposition and things aren't going exactly his way he disappears, he never looked for the ball to try and turn it around for his side Messi is so far and away the best player on the planet it isn't funny his two assists for Villa were sublime. This was perfect football.

I can't solely blame Alonso and Khedira, they really aren't as horrendous as what we saw this morning. What baffled me was Mourinho went with the high backline....that is suicide against a team like Barcelona, defenders were always a step behind.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • Broncorob
  • Rah88
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Mister Wright
  • the_next
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Morkel
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.