Finals Scenario

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Ahhh well, it takes all types to make up a supporter base. Some are glass half full, some are glass half empty, Bull is a my glass is empty, the bottom has smashed and I have big piece of glass in my big toe. It seems to me he is probably right, and given our recent results we may not even be in the finals. I am a pie eyed optimist however, and I hope that our luck turns (which we need, and after recent events and the games against the Cowboys and Manly, the football gods owe us) and we somehow jag a win against Manly and then come out and smash Penrith and go into the semis with some confidence. It is the ultimate cliche, but all they can do is take one week at a time and beat the team in front of them.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
This is the game which determines if the team's continued improvement in form is for real. After this one, I feel there will be much more solid ground on which to speculate about the finals

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
its simple now.
we beat manly - legitimate finals chance.
we lose to manly - its all but over.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Even if we lose but we lose like we did against Melbourne where we are very very competitive against a top side and we are within a point or (1-6 anyway) I still think we are a chance provided we either win or match Manly overall and then go out and belt Penrith.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Even if we lose but we lose like we did against Melbourne where we are very very competitive against a top side and we are within a point or (1-6 anyway) I still think we are a chance provided we either win or match Manly overall and then go out and belt Penrith.

thats true.

im worried though that if we cant beat manly the teams confidence will never get high enough for us to be a chance in the finals.

ANY kind of win against manly would do absolute wonders for the team, even after two very commendable performances in the last two weeks. hell they might legitimately start believing in themselves again.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I'll be happy even if we get rolled as long as it's close and the effort is there like the last 2 weeks.

I'd like to see a lot more hunger to win the game, not like last week when Cronk hit the post then Macca, Lui and Parker all stopped and watched while Cronk ran past them to regather and score. Those are the little second efforts that show when a side has the desire to win.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

As long as we do really belt Penrith ... ah, WTF, we'll probably belt Manly, get belted by Penrith and then go on and win the Grand Final

Last edited:
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
IF we win this week, then making the finals is almost assured, and I think there'd be confidence that we could knock off a win in the first week, and from there anything is possible.

IF we lose this week, but lose in an honourable way like the last 2 games, then we'd at least be worthy of making the finals if results fall our way, but I wouldn't have much confidence we could do anything other than be a competitive first week loser.

IF we lose this week and never get close, well, regardless of what goes on with other results I don't think it matters. If we fall into 8th we'll be flogged. If we don't fall into 8th, it's probably good to put us out of our misery! :P

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
look if the boys cant get fired up for this week then there's something wrong at the club.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
look if the boys cant get fired up for this week then there's something wrong at the club.

I agree, but even if they do get fired up and put in a ripper of a performance, there's no guarantee that means a win. Manly, as much as I hate them, is a superb football team, in good form, and at home.

Those losses to Parramatta, Titans and Canberra are really costing us. Badly.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
I agree, but even if they do get fired up and put in a ripper of a performance, there's no guarantee that means a win. Manly, as much as I hate them, is a superb football team, in good form, and at home.

oh i completely agree.

Y U NO JUST BEAT CANBERRA OR PARRA OR TITANS

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Exactly, we wouldn't be in this position if we ****ing won atleast two of those games.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The team has flown down early. They were down there last night firing up for this one. Wonder how the siege mentality will work for them .

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
It might be that down there they may get away a bit from the bronco fan base and public scrutiny/comments. I like the idea !! I expect they will give it everything and I rate them a 50/50 chance irrespective of the form.Like most on here we have seen a side determined to win over the last 2 weeks and a bit. There was no quit in them so I can see them winning in my minds eye and it will surprise absolutely no-one if they do...go you good things

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The bad news is the Bulldogs are resting half their team so the Raiders could beat them.

Unread

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • levikaden
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BRC088
  • bazza
  • Swordfish
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.