Finals Scenario

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Almost lost their club and don't have any prospects coming through despite having a fantastic nursery.

That's great for fantasy, in reality, I'll take Hoffman not making as many coach killing mistakes.

Some people are obsessed with numbers...
Zillman has been the better play this year, infact he did a lot of damage against us. Hoffman on the other hand has not been NRL standard this year.

I really hope he gets back to his best because he used to be very good for us.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Zillman has been the better play this year, infact he did a lot of damage against us. Hoffman on the other hand has not been NRL standard this year.

I really hope he gets back to his best because he used to be very good for us.

What's the difference of Hoffman from this year to last year, in your opinion?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
What's the difference of Hoffman from this year to last year, in your opinion?

He has no flair, his kick returns which were the best thing about his game have died out completely. ATM the only thing I can say about his fullback play this year is that he is safe, but doesn't offer anything with the ball in hand. He hasn't made a linebreak or scored a try in yonks. He's just not playing anywhere near as good as he was last year.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Well if the Tigers lose tomorrow with all the other results having already went our way a win against Penrith will guarantee a finals spot unless Tigers win by 40+ next week. So Tigers just have to lose one of the next two and they're facing Melbourne and Farah is gone for the year, reasonable chance that'll happen.

If Tigers win their next two we're out regardless of how well we do. Basically at this stage it's up to us whether we make the finals or not, win we'll most likely make it, lose we might still make it but that wouldn't be a great way to go into the finals on the back of 7 losses in a row.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The only real difference, to me at least, between last year's successes and this year's failures can be attributed to one word: Lockyer.

Without him, not just the team, but almost everyone seems to have gone backwards, especially when any pressure is put on the side.

I can't see anyone in this squad remotely capable of that kind of leadership, presence and organizing skills. So what's the answer? This year's experiment has failed so far.

Maybe it's time every player learned and took seriously that each is responsible for how the team performs, plays for each other and takes pride in excellence and their club

Last edited:
Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Canberra need to lose to the warriors to help us as well

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
That requires the Warriors to win a game, which doesn't seem likely at the moment. Even a coach change didn't help them.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Go you Roosters (I feel so dirty) ...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Just a reminder, all live discussion is devoted to the Round 25 Discussion thread until the broadcast has finished.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
So the only way we miss the finals now is if we lose and the Tigers win against Storm.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
So the only way we miss the finals now is if we lose and the Tigers win against Storm.

Yep. Although it would be horrible to get in the finals on the back of 7 losses.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I reckon the Warriors will beat Canberra over there, they really need to salvage some pride after last night. This means we will be playing the Sharks most likely and they can't play at Shark Park because it's too small.

We are full of big game players overdue to step up.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I reckon the Warriors will beat Canberra over there, they really need to salvage some pride after last night. This means we will be playing the Sharks most likely and they can't play at Shark Park because it's too small.

We are full of big game players overdue to step up.

Hope this scenario pans out, as it means I'll get to go to at least one more game this season!

I also fancy our chances against the Sharks more than I do the Cowboys.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Yeah, wouldn't want to meet the Cowboys in week 1.

Great thing about the Roosters winning is that we will be in the 8 at the start of the last round. So, if we win we're through. Tigers would have to beat the Storm by 53 + whatever we score. If we lose to Panthers (Let's hope not. As long as we don't get smashed by more than 30 or 40 we could still make the finals. Also, we'll know our fate by 9:30 Saturday night.

Last edited:
Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Yep. Although it would be horrible to get in the finals on the back of 7 losses.

It's funny the number of people saying this now, yet when we did it every year while under a certain other coach making the finals was all that mattered.

Even if we are fodder, I think this team would benefit from another crack at finals footy. In the new finals system we stand a chance unlike other years. If we finish eighth we play the sharks I think? That's winnable IMO.

Unread

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Johnny92
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BroncosAlways
  • BRC088
  • bazza
  • Swordfish
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.