State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Yep, my bad I didn't look at the table very closely did I

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
The Panthers played bloody well against the Titans last week, a team in very good form.

Panthers; whipping boys they are not. Tighe, Jennings, Mansour... Looking unreal. Broncos

My gut feeling is we're going to need a result to go our way elsewhere to make it into the finals.

We're probably going to fall into the Top 8 by being marginally more consistent than the Tigers and Titans.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
We are in the 8 even if we lose unless the tigers put on a cricket score, which is unlikely with benji and Farah out

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Having a look at the finals predictor and last rnd games IF things go the way I think they should on paper we just might get as soft a run through the finals as possible. winer of 6 v 7 plays loser of 2 v 3

Week 1 we play Sharks we win

Week 2 we play Rabbits we win

then if things fall our way we play Dogs (providing Dogs beat Manly in the 1 v 4 game) then the GF possibly against the Cows.

Too much yeah, but this is our best case scenario and a real possibility.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
2001 was on the back of 6 losses in the last 7 matches
2002 was on the back of 4 losses in the last 5 matches.
2003 was on the back of 7 losses in a row, or 9 losses from our last 10 starts.
2005 was on the back of 5 losses in a row, or 6 losses from our last 7 starts.
2007 was on the back of 4 losses in the last 5 matches.

only 1 of those is as bad as this years possible streak, but theyre all pretty similar. if we can beat penrith, i think we're a good chance of turning up for a win against the sharks. from there, i dare to dream. just gotta hope for a 2006-esque late season fade out from the other teams and some good individual form from our big guns. the bulldogs showed this week that they couldnt maintain their blistering form, melbourne are still shakey, and the wheels have fallen off the rabbitohs over the last month.

stranger things have happened.

Ouch. That's not a bad record going into the finals. I'm hoping we make the finals in the back of a good win. Anything can happen from there

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
We are in the 8 even if we lose unless the tigers put on a cricket score, which is unlikely with benji and Farah out

Benji out too? I'd say Melbourne should win that easy.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

not quite - if the tigers win and we lose, we go to 9th and they go to 8th regardless of the scores.

if both the tigers and the broncos lose, unless we lose by 52 points more than they do, we make the finals (provided the titans or knights dont win by 50+, in which case they take our spot)

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Having a look at the finals predictor and last rnd games IF things go the way I think they should on paper we just might get as soft a run through the finals as possible. winer of 6 v 7 plays loser of 2 v 3

Week 1 we play Sharks we win

Week 2 we play Rabbits we win

then if things fall our way we play Dogs (providing Dogs beat Manly in the 1 v 4 game) then the GF possibly against the Cows.

Too much yeah, but this is our best case scenario and a real possibility.

This is anyone's premiership. We just need to hang in there, jag a win this Friday.

Hopefully we can just grind the Panthers into oblivion and score some low percentage tries.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
I was happy thinking either way we are in at least 8th

Just win ffs

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Make no mistake. This Friday we win and all the pain of recent weeks will pour out, just watch the try celebrations because there will be plenty of them. I had a dream lol.....no way in the world will they let Pet down, just won't happen

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Even if the effort is there we still suck at execution and tactics.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Even if the effort is there we still suck at execution and tactics.

I think the tactics have been good, the execution good ... until the effort evaporates, and then we suck.

If the effort stays for 80, every game is winnable.

If

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
I keep having these positive thoughts ... its really weird

so many question marks on all the high flying teams

say we manage to beat Penrith this week in golden point ... crawl into the 8 ... we could draw Cronulla first up ... very capable of beating them given even luck and our confidence rising 5% ... go through to week 2 and face Souths whom we have beaten twice this year (I think ? - ack don't care to look it up) ... Souths and the Dogs look a year away to me ... Melbourne aren't going well and can't win the comp in my view ... their form is very scratchy at best ... they have nothing in the go forward department

so the only sides I fear are the Cowboys and Manly ... away ... if we could manage to dodge those 2 until week 3 where we have by then won 3 on the trot ... who knows

am i crazy ?

Oink !

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
The Panthers played bloody well against the Titans last week, a team in very good form.

Panthers; whipping boys they are not. Tighe, Jennings, Mansour... Looking unreal. Broncos .

panthers are a good side imo. tough run this year and alot of things went against them. think they'll push into the 8 next year.

but surely they can be nice and give petero a win this week :)

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Financeguy
  • Ronald
  • Cavalo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Spoon
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.