Finals Scenario

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
It's funny the number of people saying this now, yet when we did it every year while under a certain other coach making the finals was all that mattered.

Even if we are fodder, I think this team would benefit from another crack at finals footy. In the new finals system we stand a chance unlike other years. If we finish eighth we play the sharks I think? That's winnable IMO.

Well our form has been crap but I don't remember going into the finals on the back of 7 losses, I think in 2007 we did that then got wiped 40-0 by Melbourne, lol.

But I do agree with you that this young group would benefit from some finals games.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Leave Wayne Bennett out of this thread please. No baiting!

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Up the roosters!!!

(there is no amount of soap that will ever make me feel clean again)

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Well our form has been crap but I don't remember going into the finals on the back of 7 losses, I think in 2007 we did that then got wiped 40-0 by Melbourne, lol.

But I do agree with you that this young group would benefit from some finals games.

2003 we lost 7 in a row, and in fact 9 out of or last 10, going into the finals playing very similar to how the Broncos have played in recent weeks, i.e. reasonable defense but woeful attack. Though I still can't believe the way we lost to the Eels and Dragons in the last two rounds that year (Eels two late field goals, Dragons a penalty kick from the sideline from 40m out).

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
2003 we lost 7 in a row, and in fact 9 out of or last 10, going into the finals playing very similar to how the Broncos have played in recent weeks, i.e. reasonable defense but woeful attack. Though I still can't believe the way we lost to the Eels and Dragons in the last two rounds that year (Eels two late field goals, Dragons a penalty kick from the sideline from 40m out).

and 1st week of the finals, we actually played well against Penrith (eventual premiers) but it took a Girdler intercept and a minto **** up to ultimately bring us down.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

2001 was on the back of 6 losses in the last 7 matches
2002 was on the back of 4 losses in the last 5 matches.
2003 was on the back of 7 losses in a row, or 9 losses from our last 10 starts.
2005 was on the back of 5 losses in a row, or 6 losses from our last 7 starts.
2007 was on the back of 4 losses in the last 5 matches.

only 1 of those is as bad as this years possible streak, but theyre all pretty similar. if we can beat penrith, i think we're a good chance of turning up for a win against the sharks. from there, i dare to dream. just gotta hope for a 2006-esque late season fade out from the other teams and some good individual form from our big guns. the bulldogs showed this week that they couldnt maintain their blistering form, melbourne are still shakey, and the wheels have fallen off the rabbitohs over the last month.

stranger things have happened.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
So where we at now?

We beat the Panthers we are in the 8 .....or do we still need someone to lose?

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
If we win we are 99.9% sure of making the 8. Tigers could beat Melbourne by 50 points more than we beat Penrith and take our spot.

If we win and Canberra lose (to the Warriors), we finish 7th. Tigers can finish 8th instead of Canberra in situation.

Even if we lose, we can still make the 8. It just depends on results.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Raiders will lose and we will finish 7th if we can beat Penrith. I don't really know what will happen in the finals but I guess it depends on how much confidence we gain against Penrith. If everything clicks anything could happen but I don't believe in miracles anymore.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
So where we at now?

We beat the Panthers we are in the 8 .....or do we still need someone to lose?

If we win, we're in (unless the Tigers beat melbourne by 50+)
If we lose, we're still in unless wests win OR the titans win by 47-(whatever we lose by) OR the knights win by 55-(whatever we lose by).

so basically:

- if wests lose we're in.
- if we win we're in.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
wonder if Tim Sheens did a Peter Sharp at halftime yesterday ...?

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Titans and Knights are still slim chances if the Raiders get pantsed over in NZ.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Titans and Knights are still slim chances if the Raiders get pantsed over in NZ.
Only if the Raiders get pantsed so badly that they lose competition points (they are up by 4 on those teams).

Only us and the Tigers can pass the Raiders.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

Raiders have no impact on Titans and Knights. for either titans or knights to make the finals, they both basically need to win by 50 and the broncos need to lose, and even then only 1 of them makes the finals.

Unread

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BroncosAlways
  • BRC088
  • bazza
  • Swordfish
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.