Finals Scenario

I take it then that you won't be tuning in to any more games for the rest of the season.

Why would anyone do that ?

Just because I don't think my team is good enough to win the premiership this year doesn't mean I give up and stop watching them..

Then there's the intangibles - ie that this team simply isn't playing as well as at least five other sides who're all above them on the ladder

5? well.. debatable. over what period does 'playing as well' cover?

i'm pretty happy with how our guys went pretty close against the dogs, and probably should of beaten melbourne. we only have to wait until friday to see how we go against the sea eagles.

souths and the sharks have looked worse than us in the last couple of weeks. the cowgirls well prior form rarely matters when the broncs and cowgirls meet.

Why would anyone do that ?

Just because I don't think my team is good enough to win the premiership this year doesn't mean I give up and stop watching them..

You speak like it's a foregone conclusion, so why watch?

doesn't mean I give up and stop watching them..

thought you made it pretty clear there was no hope. weren't we getting shot down for having, and talking about having hope? im confused now.

Ladder within reaching distance of us:
5th - Sharks 29 points, +20 PD. Games against: Storm, Cowboys
6th - Cowboys 28 points, +120 PD. Games against Dragons, Knights, Sharks.
7th - Broncos 26 points, +37 PD. Games against Sea Eagles, Panthers
8th - Tigers 26 points, -1 PD. Games against Roosters, Storm
9th - Raiders 26 points, -39 PD. Games against Bulldogs, Warriors
10th - Titans 24 points, -6 PD. Games against Panthers, Sea Eagles
11th - Knights 24 points, -20 PD. Games against Cowboys, Rabbitohs
12th - Dragons 22 points, -76 PD. Games against Cowboys, Warriors, Eels

Scenario 1. We win both games.
Broncos finish season on 30 points and a points differential of at least +39. Highest possible finish of 5th.
To not make the finals:
Tigers need to win both remaining games and make up the 38 point difference between us.
Raiders need to win both remaining games and make up the 76 point difference between us.
Sharks and Cowboys need to win one of their remaining games.

Scenario 2. We win one game and lose the other.
Broncos finish season on 28 points. Highest possible finish of 7th.

To not make the finals any 2 of the following must occur:
Tigers win both games OR Tigers win 1 game and pass our PD.
Raiders win both games OR Raiders win 1 game and pass our PD.
Titans win both remaining games and pass our PD.
Knights win both remaining games and pass our PD.
Dragons win all 3 remaming games and pass our PD.

Scenario 3. We lose both games.
Broncos remain on 26 points and have a PD of at most +35. Highest possible finish is still 7th.

To make the finals all but 1 of the following must happen:
Tigers lose both remaining games and don't pass our PD.
Raiders lose both remaining games and don't pass our PD.
Titans lose at least 1 of their games and don't pass our PD.
Knights lose at least 1 of their games and don't pass our PD.
Dragons lose at least 1 of their (3) games and don't pass our PD.

If just one of those occurs we finish 8th.

------

I think that's all right, not going to take draws into account.

dogs probably tank it this week against the raiders too. fuuu

because I like watching Rugby League ... the broncos aren't the only reason I watch the code.

We were talking specifcally about the Broncos, in a Broncos forum.

Why watch the Broncos for the rest of the season if your beliefs ("FACTS" as you say) are true?

Ladder within reaching distance of us:
5th - Sharks 29 points, +20 PD. Games against: Storm, Cowboys
6th - Cowboys 28 points, +120 PD. Games against Dragons, Knights, Sharks.
7th - Broncos 26 points, +37 PD. Games against Sea Eagles, Panthers
8th - Tigers 26 points, -1 PD. Games against Roosters, Storm
9th - Raiders 26 points, -39 PD. Games against Bulldogs, Warriors
10th - Titans 24 points, -6 PD. Games against Panthers, Sea Eagles
11th - Knights 24 points, -20 PD. Games against Cowboys, Rabbitohs
12th - Dragons 22 points, -76 PD. Games against Cowboys, Warriors, Eels

Scenario 1. We win both games.
Broncos finish season on 30 points and a points differential of at least +39. Highest possible finish of 5th.
To not make the finals:
Tigers need to win both remaining games and make up the 38 point difference between us.
Raiders need to win both remaining games and make up the 76 point difference between us.
Sharks and Cowboys need to win one of their remaining games.

Scenario 2. We win one game and lose the other.
Broncos finish season on 28 points. Highest possible finish of 7th.

To not make the finals any 2 of the following must occur:
Tigers win both games OR Tigers win 1 game and pass our PD.
Raiders win both games OR Raiders win 1 game and pass our PD.
Titans win both remaining games and pass our PD.
Knights win both remaining games and pass our PD.
Dragons win all 3 remaming games and pass our PD.

Scenario 3. We lose both games.
Broncos remain on 26 points and have a PD of at most +35. Highest possible finish is still 7th.

To make the finals all but 1 of the following must happen:
Tigers lose both remaining games and don't pass our PD.
Raiders lose both remaining games and don't pass our PD.
Titans lose at least 1 of their games and don't pass our PD.
Knights lose at least 1 of their games and don't pass our PD.
Dragons lose at least 1 of their (3) games and don't pass our PD.

If just one of those occurs we finish 8th.

------

I think that's all right, not going to take draws into account.

I like these FACTS better

thought you made it pretty clear there was no hope. weren't we getting shot down for having, and talking about having hope? im confused now.

All I made clear was how silly it was to be jumping the gun and talking about the broncos dishing out potential thrashings in the semi finals when they're currently doing all they can just to get a 'W' ...

even a simpleton could understand that .. well ......

Last edited:
We were talking specifcally about the Broncos, in a Broncos forum.

Why watch the Broncos for the rest of the season if your beliefs ("FACTS" as you say) are true?

So Rugby League being an 80 min game, brisbane losing 10 of their last 14 & only winning 3 of 10 against other top 8 teams are my "beliefs" are they ? Not facts ? or maybe you just don't understand what 'intangibles' mean (?) ... I'll be sure to dumb it down in future just for you ..

Last edited:
So Rugby League being an 80 min game, brisbane losing 10 of their last 14 & only winning 3 of 10 against other top 8 teams are my "beliefs" are they ? Not facts ? or maybe you just don't understand what 'intangibles' mean (?) ... I'll be sure to dumb it down in future just for you ..

Zing... what happened to Santa. I was going to run through my wishlist.

Editing and selective quoting. "the score after 20 mins doesn't mean squat". I dunno if that's a fact.

Editing and selective quoting. "the score after 20 mins doesn't mean squat". I dunno if that's a fact.

probably means more to you than the end result, as long the broncos were winning. :cuckoo:

FACT: The Broncos won a premiership in 2006 from the same place we are now, with the same Bull Shark "realists" saying that we were no chance in hell, and shooting down anyone who dare show hope and/or optimism...

You need to come off you high horse mate, and stop pretending like you're the Rugby League guru of the forum. Here's another FACT for you: You're not!

tennis-smash-smiley-emoticon.gif

hey why don't you skip along with the rest of the hens and write about how the refs were mean to the broncos on friday, or post your magical new halves / fullback combination that's going to thrash Manly this week ..

You give a new meaning to obnoxious... Hope that word isn't to big for you

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.