Finals Scenario

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well the whole debate is pretty dull. One man's realism is another man's ultra pessimism...time will tell who's "right".

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
FACT: The Broncos won a premiership in 2006 from the same place we are now, with the same Bull Shark "realists" saying that we were no chance in hell, and shooting down anyone who dare show hope and/or optimism...

You need to come off you high horse mate, and stop pretending like you're the Rugby League guru of the forum. Here's another FACT for you: You're not!

ROFLMFAO !! this takes the cake .. like an eight year old throwing a tantrum after being told the easter bunny isn't real .. :thumbup1:

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Well the whole debate is pretty dull. One man's realism is another man's ultra pessimism...time will tell who's "right".

Hey, like I've said, I hope I'm wrong ... I really do .. but it seems any post that waivers from "broncos are the best team ever" reduces people to tears on this forum ..

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

its not really about who's right or wrong. we dont know who's going to win next week/etc. if the broncos lose to manly and are knocked out in first week of finals, it doesnt mean anyone here is wrong for hoping the broncos play to their full potential and get through to the semis/GF/win the thing.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Bull Shark man you gotta be coooooool.

No problem here ... its the 'natives' who're restless at the mere suggestion their football team might not be up to thrashing the sharks in the semi finals ..

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
My problem is your only interest is taking shots at the team. Every post you come up with is about how much we suck. Two weeks ago that was more than warranted but after the last two weeks it's not.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
because I like watching Rugby League ... the broncos aren't the only reason I watch the code.

No it's not the only reason he watches. The main reason he watches is so he has a vehicle to push his negative agenda and belittle anyone who dares disagree with his bleak outlook or acknowledge the genuine improvements that can be seen in the broncos over the last few weeks.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
ROFLMFAO !! this takes the cake .. like an eight year old throwing a tantrum after being told the easter bunny isn't real .. :thumbup1:
Yeah, it has never happened before in sport, that a team performing average at best, suddenly finds form and goes on to win it, right?
So, if the Broncos somehow manage to win the premiership from here, does that mean the Easter bunny is... real? :cuckoo:

No one here said the Broncos are a sure thing, but you're the only one here throwing a sissy fit, saying we're no chance.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Yeah, it has never happened before in sport, that a team performing average at best, suddenly finds form and goes on to win it, right?
So, if the Broncos somehow manage to win the premiership from here, does that mean the Easter bunny is... real? :cuckoo:

No one here said the Broncos are a sure thing, but you're the only one here throwing a sissy fit, saying we're no chance.

think you'll find you were the one who threw the tantrum about 10 minutes ago ... next

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
No it's not the only reason he watches. The main reason he watches is so he has a vehicle to push his negative agenda and belittle anyone who dares disagree with his bleak outlook or acknowledge the genuine improvements that can be seen in the broncos over the last few weeks.

you picked it ! I think fortune teller would be a good career choice 4you 4life... :thumbup:

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
you picked it ! I think fortune teller would be a good career choice 4you 4life... :thumbup:

Well from what I've read so far, you know the intangibles, it appears you're the one that's throwing tantrums and is upset because the "natives" are optimistic.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Alright, everyone has had their say.

Back on topic, plz.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Alright, everyone has had their say.

Back on topic, plz.

Damn, I was about to head to my local coles through the self serve checkout and pick up a bag of popcorn to entertain me while I keep reading this thread.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Well from what I've read so far, you know the intangibles, it appears you're the one that's throwing tantrums and is upset because the "natives" are optimistic.

I don't have a problem with people being optimistic .. it's a forum and anyone can write whatever they think .. My opinion was and is that it's premature to be saying what the broncos would & could do to another side if they're at their best, given that they're on a rather long losing streak and all ...

If you were a Sharks fan and you stumbled upon that in broncos forum just a few weeks after beating the broncos and when the broncos were on a five game skid, would you not think the broncos fan was getting just a shade ahead of himself ??

end of discussion ....

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
think you'll find you were the one who threw the tantrum about 10 minutes ago ... next
Oh, do you mean when I mentioned a few FACTS you didn't like?
Or are you talking about me telling you to come off your high horse? Because that was in reply to this:
Then there's the intangibles - ie that this team simply isn't playing as well as at least five other sides who're all above them on the ladder .. anyone with even a limited exposure to Rugby League can see that .. (well nearly everyone)
Anyway, enough of the personal swipes. Let's get back to topic...

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I don't have a problem with people being optimistic .. it's a forum and anyone can write whatever they think .. My opinion was and is that it's premature to be saying what the broncos would & could do to another side if they're at their best, given that they're on a rather long losing streak and all ...

If you were a Sharks fan and you stumbled upon that in broncos forum just a few weeks after beating the broncos and when the broncos were on a five game skid, would you not think the broncos fan was getting just a shade ahead of himself ??

end of discussion ....

If we we're on a high and Melbourne were on a losing streak and their fans were saying what we are now I wouldn't find it all unreasonable.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Alec
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Socnorb
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Locky24
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • PETERN
  • Hurrijo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.