PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Broncos vs Dragons

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Welp, as a Broncos fan you couldn't be happier with that result. We avoid Melbourne all the way to the Grand Final, and Souths are coming off a grueling game where a number of their players looked hurt at times. Between a seriously out of form Merge on Sunday and a busted and bruised Souffs next week, our fate is in our own hands.

The last club I want to see in the GF is the Storm. I can only hope the Warriors or Panthers knock them off, as I’m confident we have the measure of the Roosters and Souths

The last club I want to see in the GF is the Storm. I can only hope the Warriors or Panthers knock them off, as I’m confident we have the measure of the Roosters and Souths
Yes…Storm now have week off to get any niggling injuries right and freshen up with one more game to win to make the grand final. As have either Sharks or Panthers which only goes to show the importance of finishing in the top four.
That said, no matter what side makes it, I’m sure will have some flutters if they are facing a side like the Broncos if we can get momentum by putting together some convincing wins starting on Sunday. Seeing the Cows run through to the GF last year gives me confidence. Go the Broncs.

Last edited:
That game last night was a disgrace to rugby league. The lying in the ruck was horrendous and the grubbiness of Cameron Smith was an insult to footy. I had always thought of him as a legend of the game but now I see he’s just a grub and for some reason the refs let him get away with whatever he wants. In saying that, I’m happy with the result as I’d hate to have to play the storm next week. Hope the refs get on top of slowing down the play the balls by Sunday. Broncs thrive on quick play...

**** Glenn is out!.

Was hoping we have a full squad this week, not including the players with season ending injuries but you know what i mean.

Last edited:
Start Fifita on the right, move TPJ to the left, problem solved. I'd argue that's a stronger starting line-up anyway. Only question is who to bring on to the bench, I'd say we just go Staggs for injury cover, but I'd prefer we just play 4 forwards and bring Tagatese on.

Lot of people saying they are happy we don’t have to play storm next week. How about we worry about this game first. I can’t see this being a blowout. It’s more then likely going to be a close contest.

Need our halves to continue to kick well and play what’s in front of them. Our forwards also need to muscle up! Don’t let th dragons start well. Build pressure and take our opportunities early!

Wayne Bennett has never beaten the Dragons at Suncorp in finals footy.

We also haven't lost to the Dragons at home since 2009. That's going to change at some point.

When was the last time Bennett would have even played the Dragons in a finals match at Suncorp?

No sweat we got this. We'll need him next week though for the Burgii.

I'm not sure why, but all this cunting talk about what we are going to do in week 2 ..and who we are going to destroy in week 3.. is really fucking getting my goat.

There's no fricking 2nd week.. and absolutelynofkn3rd week... if we aren't 100% on for this fucking week.

I'm not sure why, but all this cunting talk about what we are going to do in week 2 ..and who we are going to destroy in week 3.. is really fucking getting my goat.

There's no fricking 2nd week.. and absolutelynofkn3rd week... if we aren't 100% on for this fucking week.
No worries here, you worry all you like champ. But I for one have an unshakable confidence that we'll roll the dragqueens in week one, smash the bunnies in week two, and then we'll really start to warm to the task and roll whoever in week three to finally arrive at the GF feeling confident and turn in another forward's dominated performance to win the big one. I'm still happy for you to worry every week though if that's what you want.

There’s a second week for sure because the reality in which Hunt gets the headlines for destroying us is not one I accept or want to live in [emoji23]

Kahu defending with Milford makes so damn nervous. Tpj let Milford down a couple of times on the inside too. I'm nervoussssss

Start Fifita on the right, move TPJ to the left, problem solved. I'd argue that's a stronger starting line-up anyway. Only question is who to bring on to the bench, I'd say we just go Staggs for injury cover, but I'd prefer we just play 4 forwards and bring Tagatese on.
If the game was 20 minutes long it might be problem solved. Without Glenn we have to either have TPJ and Fifita play 80 or play props/centres on the edge.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ostin86
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncs30
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
  • Ejbroncos
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.