Finals Week 1

Damn the cowboys. How do you dish out that poor line speed when your season is on the line? Their effort towards the end of the game was a bit weak.

oh the old "pretend youre trolling" card. noone actually believes that. you thought the knights beat melbourne twice this year. you were just wrong.

Not even trolling, just having a bit of a laugh with you Ap because it is funny now :D

again, noones buying it. you thought the knights beat melbourne twice this year, end of story.

yes genuine mistake re Newcastle but no mistake re WB or your respnse

im not gonna bother, youre just trying to cover up for the fact that you screwed up.

on topic, probably the worst week of finals footy in history.

Damn the cowboys. How do you dish out that poor line speed when your season is on the line? Their effort towards the end of the game was a bit weak.

To be fair to the Cowboys, it was a pretty quick game and they would've been totally knackered late on in the piece.

The refs already know who need to be in the final.

David Smith is obviously a useless POS. It is as clear as fucking day that his refs boss isn't doing his job, and his refs are so fucking useless that it's not funny.

Something needs to change.

It's hard to watch isn't it? I know I will watch the Storm Knights game next week and no doubt be outraged at the refs. NRL doesn't deserve the amount of fans that it has.

It's tough to take a loss like that (and believe me, I was going off at the telly), but can someone please explain to me why all the referees and Daniel Anderson and David Smith should be sacked because out of the roughly 8000 sets of six this season they miscounted one?

People make mistakes. Or as Confucius said, "Shit happens".

At the risk of making myself sound like a professional referee, they have a lot to take in, evaluate a judge on, in a matter of a second or two, and they run around doing that on the pitch for longer than most of the players. Try doing all that when you're buggered.

Obviously, that only applies to the on-field blokes. What's going on with the video refs is anyone's guess.

The video refs are the ones who should be hanging their heads in shame over this.

the tackle count is the single most important and basic rule. getting that wrong in a final match that causes a try that shouldnt have happened and a teams season to be over is cause for a sacking.

It's not just this one incident, the referees have by abysmal for years now.

every sport I've ever followed in every league gets the same comments. I don't think I've heard people say that the referees were on anything other than poor to abysmal.

so it is either the case that every referee in the world is terrible or people are just poor judges of the quality and the difficulty of officiating. In my opinion it is definitely the latter. I think most fans just apply ridiculously unrealistic standards to refereeing: standards that they rarely apply to players and would never accept being applied to themselves at their own jobs.

Bit harsh on Dave Smith.

The guy only took on the job in February, what was he supposed to do? Sack Anderson before a ball was even kicked? Please, it's way too early to judge and unless nothing changes next year I believe fans should reserve judgement.

Anonymous Person said:
on topic, probably the worst week of finals footy in history.

Despite the controversy, this week was easily better than last years corresponding week. First three games were actually worthwhile contests with Saturday nights match besting anything the finals produced last year.

so it is either the case that every referee in the world is terrible or people are just poor judges of the quality and the difficulty of officiating. In my opinion it is definitely the latter. I think most fans just apply ridiculously unrealistic standards to refereeing: standards that they rarely apply to players and would never accept being applied to themselves at their own jobs.

It's clearly worse than it used to be though.

How so?

This is a game that has always had it's share of refereeing controversies, it's just part in parcel of the game unfortunately.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • barker
  • Bish
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • bb_gun
  • Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • mrslong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • levikaden
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.