2013 National Rugby League Telstra Premiership Finals Series
Week One - Qualifying & Elimination Semi Finals
Friday 13, Saturday 14, Sunday 15 September

1st Qualifying Final - 2nd v 3rd
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Melbourne Storm
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park, Friday 13 September 2013
NRL kickoff 7:45pm
Live TV: Channel 9
Referees: Shayne Hayne and Jared Maxwell; Sideline Officials: Russell Turner and Nick Beashel; Video Referees: Bernard Sutton and Luke Phillips

SOU-LUteams.png

1. Greg Inglis 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Bryson Goodwin 4. Dylan Walker 5. Dylan Farrell 6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Burgess 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Chris McQueen 12. Ben Te'o 13. Sam Burgess
Interchange: 14. Luke Keary 15. Jeff Lima 16. Jason Clark 17. George Burgess
MEL-LUteams.png

1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Will Chambers 4. Maurice Blair 5. Justin O'Neill 6. Brett Finch 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe
Interchange: 14. Jason Ryles 15. Tohu Harris 16. Jordan McLean 17. Kenneath Bromwich 18. Gareth Widdop
Official Match Hashtag: #NRLfinals #NRLsoumel

1st Elimination Final - 5th v 8th
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v North Queensland Cowboys
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park, Saturday 14 September 2013
NRL kickoff 4:00pm
Referees: Matt Cecchin and Henry Perenara; Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis and Michael Wise; Video Referees: Jason Robinson and Matt Rodwell
CRO-LUteams.png

1. Michael Gordon 2. Sosaia Feki 3. Ben Pomeroy 4. Jonathan Wright 5. Beau Ryan 6. Todd Carney 7. Jeff Robson 8. Andrew Fifita 9. John Morris 10. Sam Tagataese 11. Luke Lewis 12. Wade Graham 13. Paul Gallen
Interchange: 14. Isaac De Gois 15. Chris Heighington 16. Jayson Bukuya 17. Anthony Tupou 18. Bryce Gibbs 20. Ben Ross
NQL-LUteams.png

1. Matthew Bowen 2. Wayne Ulugia 3. Brent Tate 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Johnathan Thurston (c) 7. Robert Lui 8. Matthew Scott (c) 9. Rory Kostjasyn 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Joel Riethmuller
Interchange: 14. Jayden Hodges 15. Tariq Sims 16. Scott Bolton 17. Jason Taumalolo 18. Ashton Sims
Official Match Hashtag: #NRLfinals #NRLcronql

2nd Qualifying Final - 1st v 4th
Sydney Roosters v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park, Saturday 14 September 2013
NRL kickoff 7:00pm
Referees: Ben Cummins and Gerard Sutton; Sideline Officials: Grant Atkins and Steve Carrall; Video Referees: Steve Clark and Luke Patten
SYD-LUteams.png

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Michael Jennings 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 6. James Maloney 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Sam Moa 11. Mitchell Aubusson 12. Sonny Bill Williams 13. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
Interchange: 14. Daniel Mortimer 15. Aidan Guerra 16. Isaac Liu 17. Dylan Napa 18. Luke O'Donnell 19. Martin Kennedy
MAN-LUteams.png

1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Brenton Lawrence 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Justin Horo 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Richie Fa'aoso 15. Tom Symonds 16. David Gower 17. George Rose 18. James Hasson
Official Match Hashtag: #NRLfinals #NRLsydman

2nd Elimination Final - 6th v 7th
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Newcastle Knights
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park, Sunday 15 September 2013
NRL kickoff 4:00pm
Referees: Ashley Klein and Phil Haines; Sideline Officials: Dan Eastwood and Dave Ryan; Video Referees: Bernard Sutton and Matt Rodwel
Referees: Ashley Klein and Gavin Badger; Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Jason Walsh; Video Referees: Steve Chiddy and Justin Morgan
CBY-LUteams.png

1. Josh Morris 2. Mitch Brown 3. Krisnan Inu 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Sam Perrett 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis (C) 10. James Graham 11. Tony Williams 12. Josh Jackson 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Dene Halatau 16. Sam Kasiano 17. Tim Browne 23. Ben Barba

NEW-LUteams.png

1. Darius Boyd 2. James McManus 4. Joey Leilua 3. Dane Gagai 5. Akuila Uate 6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts 8. David Fa'alogo 9. Danny Buderus 10. Willie Mason 11. Robbie Rochow 12. Beau Scott 13. Jeremy Smith
Interchange: 14. Matt Hilder 15. Chris Houston 16. Neville Costigan 17. Alex McKinnon
Official Match Hashtag: #NRLfinals #NRLcbynew

Super keen to see how Adam Reynolds goes tonight, his last two years have been building to this point. I'm not sure he will handle the expectation or the big moments.

Super keen to see how Adam Reynolds goes tonight, his last two years have been building to this point. I'm not sure he will handle the expectation or the big moments.

His whole game is based around kicking, he isn't particularly good at anything else. Reckon he'll end up another Soward.

I reckon you're on to something Alec...

Souths very fortunate with that no try call.

Well that no try confirms my fears, everything will be done to get an all Sydney final.

I was pretty sure Lima bobbled his try yet they didn't look too hard, now they call no try when there is no way they could the linesman or ref saw what happened.

Last edited:
Good try saving tackle by Inglis on O'Neill too. O'Neill was running at full steam and Inglis made him looks like Maranta a bit.

Absolute bs no try call. Ball was clearly on ground but cause you couldn't see it he can't overturn cause on field ref decided to call no try for no apparent reason. Refs doing their best to penalize the storm out of the game.

bloody penalties, 10 in 35 minutes. May as well be watching yawnion.

I swear I'm watching the Broncos in in their away strip atm.

Souths deserve their share of credit too. That aforemention GI tackle was superb and they've been relentless tonight.

Melbourne are just a little off their pace.

Agree BP, Souths are the better side so far but the refs have dished up a little help. Sisas no try was clearly a try and that penalty where Chambers forced Merrit back in goal was not going to be given until that happened.

Not to mention the Burgess "hold back". Very close to a sin bin IMO. The refs giving it to the Storm....no lube.

Agree BP, Souths are the better side so far but the refs have dished up a little help. Sisas no try was clearly a try and that penalty where Chambers forced Merrit back in goal was not going to be given until that happened.

None of those decisions really worry me to be honest.

Waqa no try wasn't an outright bad decision, just a 50/50 in Melbourne's favour.

Are you referring to the push in the back? Chambers should have been penalised on the spot. Was one of those calls where the refs had no choice.

Just my opinion, really want Melbourne to hit back and make a game of this.

Last edited:
WTF kind of penalty was that?

Onya Billy.

Think that breaks some kind of finals try scoring record.

None of those decisions really worry me to be honest.

Waqa no try wasn't an outright bad decision, just a 50/50 in Melbourne's favour.

Are you referring to the push in the back? Chambers should have been penalised on the spot. Was one of those calls where the refs had no choice.

Just my opinion, really want Melbourne to hit back and make a game of this.

Yeah that was my point though, it wasn't going to be called then when Merrit was pushed in goal they called it.

Also in this second half Dillon is getting marched backwards both feet on the ground and no Souths player touching him so the refs shouldn't be calling held in that situation, then Hoffman gets pushed towards the sideline with one of his players helping out and the refs don't call held and let him get taken over the sideline.
It's that type of stuff that shits me.

Dexter said:
Yeah that was my point though, it wasn't going to be called then when Merrit was pushed in goal they called it.

I'm fine with the referees showing discretion. If anything, they were doing Melbourne a favour to begin with.

The call against Hoffman was poor.

Another controversial call goes against Melbourne...personally I'm fine with it. Looked like Chambers pushed Merrit mid-air.

Last edited:

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.