Finals Week 1

Newcastle will think they're on fire after today's game but as has been mentioned already the Bulldogs were just total shit, I expect they will be cannon fodder against the Storm next week.

PS. I know that Boyd is a Queensland hero but whenever he's not playing for the Maroons I just want to punch him in the face, he's a total smug prick and he always throws the ball at the opposition whenever he get's a penalty or scores a try, am I alone with these feelings?

That has to be the worst display of basketball in rugby league I have seen, going 40 metres backwards and then losing the ball, ending up deep in their own half and lucky the knights knocked on.

Is there a bigger pretender in the game than Tony Williams. I think he's sucking up around $600k of the Dogs cap too

Very eventful game to finish what was a crazy week of Finals footy. The Bulldogs looked exhausted after a challenging year on and off the field and looked just happy to be there but just like the Cowboys they can hold their heads high.

Just have to admire the way Bennett keeps getting his sides up for finals, they've beaten Melb twice this year as well so won't hold any fears going down there.

Dogs played about as shit as they did against us in round 26, you'd think they'd lift for finals lol.

Barba has an ankle sprain.

Phew!

Nein was saying that he heard a crack from his right ankle, he's been playing injured on that one hasn't he? They brought him back too early.

Is there a bigger pretender in the game than Tony Williams. I think he's sucking up around $600k of the Dogs cap too

Would have to be the worst buy of 2013. I thought Des would have brought the best out of him but he just seems to lack the instincts of a Rugby League player and is far too temperamental.

Dexter said:
Just have to admire the way Bennett keeps getting his sides up for finals, they've beaten Melb twice this year as well so won't hold any fears going down there.

What???

vertigo said:
Dogs played about as shit as they did against us in round 26, you'd think they'd lift for finals lol.

Nah, they were sitting ducks. Once Barba made his intentions clear, it just seemed to really deflate all their momentum.

Interesting year coming up for the Doggies. I expect a bit of a clean out.

I'm pretty much over this year's finals series already. I want Sharks to win it, and then be found guilty of wide ranging drug doping so the NRL is utterly humiliated.

Watching Ennis tonight wow! Shit captain with the stupid penalties he gave away, I'm glad our Captain s
doesn't do that.... Oh wait

what the hell are you talking about? lol

the knights have played melbourne twice this year, correct - but melbourne won on both occasions lol.

how did bennetts team go in the finals last year? did you admire how he got them to a fantastic 12th spot finish last year, missing the finals? the knights made the finals this year because apart from the top 4 everyone else is just complete and utter shithouse. every team was just stumbling over themselves almost like they were trying to miss the finals.

the bulldogs played one of the worst games by any team this season today. they were deplorable. how many times did they knock it on on 1st/2nd/3rd tackle coming out of their own 20m? how many idiotic coach killing penalties did they give away? michael ennis' tiny little brain was just exploding out there all game. that newcastle beat them doesnt really say that bennett "got his team up for the finals", it means they just didnt throw the game away like the bulldogs did.

there were 55 penalties blown in 4 games this weekend. its fucking ridiculous how much the referees are dictating how the game is played and who wins. like coxy, im pretty much done with the NRL for this year. its frustrating to watch, and its just not fun. for the first time in years we've actually got 4 fantastic football sides going head to head in the finals, it should be one for the ages. but instead its just mind boggling referee decision after mind boggling referee decision after stupid penalty after players taking dives after penalty after penalty after......the game has become worse than yawnion for mine. i wish i was an nrl member just so i could write them a letter saying their shit has caused me to cancel my membership.

the knights have played melbourne twice this year, correct - but melbourne won on both occasions lol.

how did bennetts team go in the finals last year? did you admire how he got them to a fantastic 12th spot finish last year, missing the finals? the knights made the finals this year because apart from the top 4 everyone else is just complete and utter ****house. every team was just stumbling over themselves almost like they were trying to miss the finals.

the bulldogs played one of the worst games by any team this season today. they were deplorable. how many times did they knock it on on 1st/2nd/3rd tackle coming out of their own 20m? how many idiotic coach killing penalties did they give away? michael ennis' tiny little brain was just exploding out there all game. that newcastle beat them doesnt really say that bennett "got his team up for the finals", it means they just didnt throw the game away like the bulldogs did.

there were 55 penalties blown in 4 games this weekend. its ****ing ridiculous how much the referees are dictating how the game is played and who wins. like coxy, im pretty much done with the NRL for this year. its frustrating to watch, and its just not fun. for the first time in years we've actually got 4 fantastic football sides going head to head in the finals, it should be one for the ages. but instead its just mind boggling referee decision after mind boggling referee decision after stupid penalty after players taking dives after penalty after penalty after......the game has become worse than yawnion for mine. i wish i was an nrl member just so i could write them a letter saying their **** has caused me to cancel my membership.
This my friends is a fricking expose .

well while everybody is detracting from Newcastle's performance I thought they actually did quite well at exposing the Bulldogs. the Doggies have a lot of big forwards and some of them (looking at you Kasiano, Eastwood and Pritchard) are fucking lazy ass defenders. the Knights really worked those big boppers over and it showed with a lot of really poor misses as the game wore on. I don't know if it was a deliberate strategy or not but apart from Graham and Tolman, it looked like the other forwards were really copping it and struggling with being targeted heavily in defence.

people can pan Canterbury's performance but it isn't as if Newcastle Steven Bradbury'd their way to a victory. they targeted a weakness and it paid dividends for them. sure, the Bulldogs also played like dunces but they didn't lose the game all by themselves.

Did anybody actually watch the Union last night?

If you thought League was the pits, you ain't seen nothing yet. Total zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Did anybody actually watch the Union last night?

If you thought League was the pits, you ain't seen nothing yet. Total zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm a major Wallabies fan so I watch almost every test match and the one on Saturday was one of the worst games i've seen but i've seen a lot worse. I'm a Reds diehard as well and I've been to almost every home-game since 2001 or something and there was a game in 2007 which we lost 6-3!!!!!!!!!.

how did bennetts team go in the finals last year? did you admire how he got them to a fantastic 12th spot finish last year, missing the finals? the knights made the finals this year because apart from the top 4 everyone else is just complete and utter shithouse. every team was just stumbling over themselves almost like they were trying to miss the finals.

there were 55 penalties blown in 4 games this weekend. its fucking ridiculous how much the referees are dictating how the game is played and who wins. like coxy, im pretty much done with the NRL for this year. its frustrating to watch, and its just not fun. for the first time in years we've actually got 4 fantastic football sides going head to head in the finals, it should be one for the ages. but instead its just mind boggling referee decision after mind boggling referee decision after stupid penalty after players taking dives after penalty after penalty after......the game has become worse than yawnion for mine. i wish i was an nrl member just so i could write them a letter saying their shit has caused me to cancel my membership.

There it is
itchy-rashes.gif
:loool: it's like an itch that has to be scratched, I feel like a cigarette now.
puff_by_cygnus_xray_one-d6ic2om.gif

Active Now

• Spike
  • bb_gun
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BooKhaki
  • Hurrijo
  • theshed
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.