Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Ahhhh the off season. Time to eat each other lads/ladies. Have at it.

You're totally right, Hunt was doing everything tonight.

Kicking it dead.. Giving them 7 tackle sets.. Terrible passes.. Terrible decision making.. Errors.. Missing tackles.. Giving away penalties..

But hey, whatever fits the pro-Hunt agenda, am I right?

Oh yeah and let's just move our brilliant fullback into the halves. Genius idea. Maybe move McGuire to lock and Kahu to prop too?

At least Barba's off the books next season. Just pray that Wayne pulls off a Christmas miracle in terms of signings, he's done it before. Mead is a good start.

Let's sign Benji Marshall or Todd Carney. Man we should have got rid of McCullough and Boyd was a terrible signing. You know who else sucks? Wayne Bennett. What's he done lately? Apart from lifting us from the bottom 8 and having us play a year and a half of amazing rugby league.

Hi guys,

Is there any footage of the post-game presentation for Corey Parker or anything?

My phone died right before the second half of extra-time!!

Oh yeah and let's just move our brilliant fullback into the halves. Genius idea. Maybe move McGuire to lock and Kahu to prop too?

The best part is that all of the players you're naming would make less tactical and executional errors per game then Hunt in the halves.

Lmfao.

Are there gone be change next year in team or coaching department? Last time Broncos won premiership was in 2006. 10 years gone still no premiership. What was the difference between last year and this year. Who deserve in the team next year?

The best part is that all of the players you're naming would make less tactical and executional errors per game then Hunt in the halves.

Lmfao.

Vq5m_f-maxage-0.gif

Taumalolly was huge for the Cowboys. There were times when we let them run 100m particularly toward the latter part of the game so when it came down to extra time we were done. Not sure what Gillette was doing there with the trip. Maybe thought he was Josh Reynolds (nowhere near as bad as what Reynolds has done multiple times).

Next year is going to be interesting without Parker and with Wallace gone. At least TPJ adds the necessary size we need (did he really only play extra time - thats as bad if not worse than Hook coaching decision).

Hunt was fine btw.

I have to agree with you on that one. Kept screaming at the boys to f*****g hold 'em down longer. And when the cows were defending it took em eons to get off us

Hunt is not and never will be a dominant half. He's a pivot who would serve perfectly a team like the Storm or Manly for example, who have a dominant half who can manage, organise and kick properly.

As a pivot, Milford is the younger, more talented player, despite tonight's game.

I respect your opinion,and I'm not having a go at you, but I'd just like to know why you believe he is not, nor never will be a dominant half. Define being a dominant half. There are different ways of being a dominant half, not all of which include being a cookie cutter version of each other. Why do people think every player should be the same? Not every halfback should be the same. Each halfback has their strengths and weaknesses. That doesn't make them any less of a halfback. In the current game, we lack diversity. Everyone tries to make someone something else, rather than just being themselves.

I understand that part of a halfbacks job is to organise and kick properly etc, I get that, but there is much more to it than just that. That's where you devise a game plan which showcase their strengths, and cover for those weaknesses. Hunt's long kicking game isn't as bad as what its being made out to be. The fact we're almost always kicking out of our own 40 doesn't help though. Yes, he's short kicking game needs work, but what else about him is not worthy of being a dominant half?

Our go forward was utter sh#thouse. Blair overplays it waaay too many times. Worst forward on the field imo. McGuire aint a prop either. Hasnt been since coming from the under 20s. Hes better off at 13 now CPs gone.

I respect your opinion,and I'm not having a go at you, but I'd just like to know why you believe he is not, nor never will be a dominant half. Define being a dominant half. There are different ways of being a dominant half, not all of which include being a cookie cutter version of each other. Why do people think every player should be the same? Not every halfback should be the same. Each halfback has their strengths and weaknesses. That doesn't make them any less of a halfback. In the current game, we lack diversity. Everyone tries to make someone something else, rather than just being themselves.

I understand that part of a halfbacks job is to organise and kick properly etc, I get that, but there is much more to it than just that. That's where you devise a game plan which showcase their strengths, and cover for those weaknesses. Hunt's long kicking game isn't as bad as what its being made out to be. The fact we're almost always kicking out of our own 40 doesn't help though. Yes, he's short kicking game needs work, but what else about him is not worthy of being a dominant half?
I know there is more to it, but it is a halfback's MAIN task, and where Hunt's weakness is. Someone in the team needs to do it, and it's generally the dominant half that does.

The thing is I agree that Hunt is a great half, more a pivot than a halfback for sure, but still a great half. He needs someone different from Milford to pair with, and vice versa. You just can't have both in the same team, because you're limiting your options.

I'm not going to keep the Hunt discussion here, but feel free to have a read of the Taylor vs Hunt thread if you want more details...
https://broncoshq.com/brisbane-broncos-talk/28573-ben-hunt-vs-ash-taylor.html

The Cowboys are now the new Melbourne to us. By that I mean they have the mental edge on us. They'll always believe they'll beat us no matter what lead we have on them. I'm sure Milford has nightmares about Morgan and hunt curls up into foetal position everytime those kick offs go up. Could be years until we overcome this as we did with the storm. Thurston didn't even try for a field goal , he knew he had us for a try.

Sucks.

Last edited:
What the heck was that amazing performance against the Storm all about getting my hopes up and all. Geez...

Gutted like all of you.

Don't really want to say anything much. But if Roberts had played I think we win that match.

Thanks to the whole team for a great effort. Next year boys.

j

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • LittleDavey
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Manifesto
  • Mister Wright
  • FACTHUNT
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.