Finals Week 3 Discussion

I seriously don't even know how the Roosters even made it this far. They are playing well above what they should be capable of. Finals have a habit of exposing sides though, so I can't really see them winning the premiership.

I really don't want Manly winning either though. The Broncos should be there.

I agree rnabokov. For some reason I always dirty,and a bit guilty when manly win. Gonna have to see someone.

I seriously don't even know how the Roosters even made it this far. They are playing well above what they should be capable of. Finals have a habit of exposing sides though, so I can't really see them winning the premiership.

I really don't want Manly winning either though. The Broncos should be there.

I don't think I've seen a more bitter post than this on BHQ haha.

It's amazing how forgiving us Broncos fans are of GI. We got dead-set screwed on that situation yet even I can't help but support him.

'Spose it's a lesser evil.
No way, **** him and **** that shit club that made me root for Manly for the first (and hopefully last) time in my life. LOL@Souffs!

Showed what Reynolds is (not) capable of when the forwards aren't dominating. He's got a very good kicking game, and that's it, nothing else!

Only feel for Maguire in the souffs camp, and that's extra footy.

Knights all the way I hope!

Ugh, stupid souths. Possible Manly/Roosters GF coming up. Don't know what would be worse, the Nein jizzfest over SBW or Manly winning.

Ugh, stupid souths. Possible Manly/Roosters GF coming up. Don't know what would be worse, the Nein jizzfest over SBW or Manly winning.

Would be the worst grand final since....like 2012!

Come on Newcastle.

If the Knights make the Grand Final, I can confirm shit will go crazy in Newy. If it wasn't bad enough last Saturday, my Facey feed will be going off tomorrow night!

To make matters worse, a good mate of mine is the biggest bandwagon supporter on the planet. Continually invite him to Knights vs. Broncos when it's in Newcastle, always says no, hasn't been to a Knights match for like five years... fast forward to them making the finals this season, and he's gone to two in a row and is now their biggest fan. Ergh.

I'm going for the Knights (I think), but if they win the comp, far out, listening to him will be unbearable. He has a habit of talking shit as it is.

I am so happy. I'm not even going to pretend I wasn't death-riding Souths. **** them, and **** their fanbase who believe that because they won some stuff 50 years ago means that if they get within a sniff of success they are pre-destined to succeed again. Sign Inglis = premiership favourites. Sign Burgess = premiership favourites. Sign Maguire = premiership favourites. Be top of the ladder with a couple of months to go = premiership certainty. I said it last year and I have been yelling it to anyone within earshot - the moment they believe their own hype, they're gone. At 14-0 up, it happened.

Only had updates over here due to the remoteness but at 14 nil I thought it was going to script. Next score was 14-12. Next score the game was well over at 30-20. Got to admit I was surprised. Souths did well this year so congratulations on a good season but they probably feel as though they may as well have missed the finals. Looking forward to twisteds post.

Only had updates over here due to the remoteness but at 14 nil I thought it was going to script. Next score was 14-12. Next score the game was well over at 30-20. Got to admit I was surprised. Souths did well this year so congratulations on a good season but they probably feel as though they may as well have missed the finals. Looking forward to twisteds post.

We started off great but mistakes started creeping in to our game. Then when Manly started fighting back we needed to change the game plan slightly to improve our ability to test and break up their defence but, we didn't. We did the same 1 up shit that plays into Manly's hands because their a defenders are always off the mark really fast and they shut it down. That is how they love you to play against them.

Frankly the mistake of not having Luke Keary and Tom Burgess in the team also showed. I don't get why Te'o (who was playing great) got benched for what seemed like an extremely long amount of time while we kept Dave Tyrell out there.

Also GI is no where near as fit as they are saying. He has rarely broken the first tackle since being injured. We have just been able to win with him doing a minimal as possible. So instead of using him more (when frankly we really needed him to step up), they just kept going for easy plays that Lyon and Williams saw and rushed up to shut down.

Goodwin who in every match against Manly this year and even against the Storm 2 weeks ago had been outstanding. Tonight he had a night he would rather forget.

I am in between now that I have had some time to dwell on it. We played ok for 60 mins and that is the problem yet again. We just didn't seem to lift when we needed to and teams with great players do that to you.

I am SSTID and will be back next year to do it all over again. Still enjoying where the club is at right now and hopefully next year we can improve and get to that GF and win the fucking thing!!!

I thought Sam Burgess summed it up accidentally in his interview with Freddy after the game. He said the loss was not what they deserved after the season they had. Even though he meant nothing by it, I believe it showed a subconscious attitude of entitlement and clearly once Manly started belting them, they clearly felt it would all magically turn around, which it obviously didn't. Get rid of that entitlement idea and things will look up.

On a side note, how good was Manly's ruck speed in that second half!!!!! That was like touch footy and they made it out of their end with ridiculous speed as a result.

Any news on Fa'aoso?

Wow Manly, what a tough tough football team, great game. And Jamie Lyon is the doctor, best centre in the game IMO.

I thought Sam Burgess summed it up accidentally in his interview with Freddy after the game. He said the loss was not what they deserved after the season they had. Even though he meant nothing by it, I believe it showed a subconscious attitude of entitlement and clearly once Manly started belting them, they clearly felt it would all magically turn around, which it obviously didn't. Get rid of that entitlement idea and things will look up.

On a side note, how good was Manly's ruck speed in that second half!!!!! That was like touch footy and they made it out of their end with ridiculous speed as a result.

Any news on Fa'aoso?

You're absolutely right. They've done well to keep that complacency and expectation under control, but everything in the media had them in the GF already and they believed it too. It's true, they've worked hard this year and didn't deserve to go out like that. But no team does. Someone has to lose, whether they deserve it or not.

I think you are looking too much into it after the team has performed so much better throughout the year.

Good response Twizted. It is a bitter pill to swallow but the team had a good year without the perfect ending. I don't know how many stars you will lose next year but if you retain most they should remember today's feelings, maybe get a friend to film them over the next couple of days capturing how crap it feels. It would be a great motivator for next time they feel like they should be going on . Although you may not like hearing it, Manly had been in serious dog fights just getting to last night while Souths cantered there. It just looked like Souths just weren't prepared for how tough it is to make a GF. GL next year.

I don't think we have lost any stars IMO. A fair few fringe first graders that are much loved members of this team but are nothing to scream home about. Then a few players that have retired. But Matt King and Crocker (if fit) wouldn't have made any difference to that result. We blew our chances to win when it counted most and the simple mistakes cost us.

In saying that. I do worry about our signings for next year. Are we bringing up juniors or is Joel Reddy the answer to our problems?? :001_unsure: That has me worried and how much room do we have to sign someone.

We still had a great year. I would take this feeling over my team only winning 3 matches in the year. Even though this feeling hurts so much more right now, because of how close and how dominating we were at the start of the match. The old saying of League is an 80 min game and if you don't grind the full 80, you won't win and we didn't.

Last edited:
Rabbitohs will be better for the experience, they did a Dragons and chocked but just like the Dragons will likely bounce back and go one better before falling away again.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.