Finals Week 3 Discussion

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
Wow Manly, what a tough tough football team, great game. And Jamie Lyon is the doctor, best centre in the game IMO.

x2

If the Roosters get through I hope Manly whip them in the GF.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
x2

If the Roosters get through I hope Manly whip them in the GF.

I hope after being up by 18 points the Roosters send SBW right at Lyon with a shoulder forcing him to retire and SBW leaves league with one last hit.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
That's 2 years in a row they've failed.

No, 2 years we have had success compared to the 9 years of failure (not including the 2007 final). If we keep making it to the finals but don't get to the GF then it becomes failure.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I'm extremely confident that the Roosters will win tonight. They are playing so professionally and Newcastle will be tired after an exhausting game in Melbourne and the Roosters are refreshed as well.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'm extremely confident that the Roosters will win tonight. They are playing so professionally and Newcastle will be tired after an exhausting game in Melbourne and the Roosters are refreshed as well.

Isn't that how the experts predicted the Manly/Souths game to pan out ?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
You could say exactly the same about last night's game, especially after the way Manly left the field after loosing to the chooks...

I hope Newy takes it. I don't think I could bear another GF with clubs I hate thoroughly!

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'm hoping the Roosters show us some real football tonight and beat the Knights.

I don't think Newcastle can beat Manly .... and i hate Manly ! :thumbdown:

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Isn't that how the experts predicted the Manly/Souths game to pan out ?

Looking at Manly against the Sharks last week in the dying minutes and you be forgiven for thinking they WERE shot. Strange turn around last night, helped largely by the Bunnies.

The Souths teams of a couple years back showed up last night and did their usual hopeless NFI impression of defending. Their speed off the line was ridiculously slow.

Souths are always capable of scoring points but they have for years been guilty of letting more points in. It had looked like during last season and this one, that things have changed.

Nup........

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I'm hoping the Roosters show us some real football tonight and beat the Knights.

I don't think Newcastle can beat Manly .... and i hate Manly ! :thumbdown:
I'm afraid... very afraid, you might be right!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
O'Donnell and Cordner out for the Woosters, SBW "in doubt", though that's likely just mind games. Cordner is one of their best players now, so him being still out is a blow, O'Donnell has been their 3rd best prop after the starting pair, so he's a blow too. If SBW actually doesn't play, it would make things very interesting (for Roosters haters)

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
You're absolutely right. They've done well to keep that complacency and expectation under control, but everything in the media had them in the GF already and they believed it too. It's true, they've worked hard this year and didn't deserve to go out like that. But no team does. Someone has to lose, whether they deserve it or not.

Deserves .....got nothing to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Before the game tonight YouTube the Roosters V Knights preliminary final in 2000. Hope we see a cracking game like that tonight.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Fittler's tie is enough to make me want the Knights to win.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That was a terrible penalty to give away from Buderus.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
How good is SBW? Those two offloads he got away so far were freakish, though the 2nd was unlucky to be fumbled like that.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.