OFFICIAL Flegler ***** off to the Dolphins

It's sucks you can't keep them all, unless you are the Roosters who can keep 99% of the players they actually want to keep. It sucks that its fucking Redcliffe again too.
But the Broncos needed to balance the squad a bit better, too much money in the forwards before. Couldn't afford to keep 3 props on close to a million each. Use it to strengthen the spine.

reports are that they will front load some contracts to hit the minimum 95% spend of the cap this year and have a war chest for next

I think front loading and late season loans/transfers will become more norm. Some good cap relief if done well.

It's sucks you can't keep them all, unless you are the Roosters who can keep 99% of the players they actually want to keep. It sucks that its fucking Redcliffe again too.
But the Broncos needed to balance the squad a bit better, too much money in the forwards before. Couldn't afford to keep 3 props on close to a million each. Use it to strengthen the spine.
I actually prefer losing them to crazy money to the dolphins as opposed unders at the roosters or storm.

"Broncos prop Thomas Flegler will fulfil his contract with the club until the end of the 2023 season."

To me that means he asked for an immediate release. The wording is strange otherwise.

"Broncos prop Thomas Flegler will fulfil his contract with the club until the end of the 2023 season."

To me that means he asked for an immediate release. The wording is strange otherwise.
I think it’s a pretty standard comment for contracts news that are 12 months in advance

It's certainly different to how the worded the statement re: Herbie

Here is Flegs comments

"The Broncos have played a huge role in my path to becoming an NRL player and I will always be thankful for that.

"This was a tough thing to decide but I still have the whole of 2023 with the boys and I plan to give my all every time I run out with the Broncos."

I think it’s a pretty standard comment for contracts news that are 12 months in advance
Normally they just say player is departing end of season, thanks for the memories.

Could be nothing in it if course but @007 (or was it someone else) did mention that he was concerned with Flegler playing out the year.

Normally they just say player is departing end of season, thanks for the memories.

Could be nothing in it if course but @007 (or was it someone else) did mention that he was concerned with Flegler playing out the year.

It was @nopatience101

I cringe whenever Flegler is on the field because he is a marked man according to NRL officialdom. But he is a tremendous talent who will hit his prime elsewhere.

This player exodus is becoming farcical. When will it end? Possibly never. The Broncos are a mere stepping stone these days.

USED to be a marked man. He isn't a Bronco anymore.

This doesn't upset me as much as it will most other people. Herbie hurt worse. Flegler is a good prop when he's on his game but he also couldn't go 10 minutes without either getting penalized or even sin binned.

What this does do is laugh in the face of the NRL claiming the Dolphins didn't exist to cannibalize the shit out of us. Get the **** out and **** yourself while you're at it. Of course they're here to **** us over.

Great news, he was already overpaid but we will not be able to replace him in house, so time to go shopping.

It's certainly different to how the worded the statement re: Herbie

Here is Flegs comments

"The Broncos have played a huge role in my path to becoming an NRL player and I will always be thankful for that.

"This was a tough thing to decide but I still have the whole of 2023 with the boys and I plan to give my all every time I run out with the Broncos."
He’s done the old copy and paste off Herbie’s bleeding heart speech.

I actually have faith that the current administration know what they're doing. They've stuck to where they value him, he's left for money - that's fine.

Anyone who gets offered the same job for 100's of thousands more over the life of a contract takes it, unless there is non-work related considerations.

Absolutely ridiculous losing players that said they wanna be broncos for life

When they say that, you know they will sign elsewhere. Players say things like that & some supporters believe the shit coming out of their mouths.

If it was up to me, I’d be putting Flegler on the bench and starting Jensen. I think that should be the rotation anyway, with Flegler being a better “impact” prop. Jensen is a workhorse and isn’t a penalty magnet.

Active Now

• Ozired
  • Behold
  • broncoscope
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • LittleDavey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Rambstien
  • Porthoz
  • Tim K
  • Shane Tronc
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • BroncoFan94
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Dony Eliakim
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.