OFFICIAL Flegler ***** off to the Dolphins

If it was up to me, I’d be putting Flegler on the bench and starting Jensen. I think that should be the rotation anyway, with Flegler being a better “impact” prop. Jensen is a workhorse and isn’t a penalty magnet.

If it was up to me, I'd be changing the codes to everything & allowing him to be the official orange cutter.

If it was up to me, I'd be changing the codes to everything & allowing him to be the official orange cutter.
I know. It sure is tempting to drop someone who won’t be here long term for the kid who is “all in” and wants to be with us for life. Then you think, what can we do now and who are the best 17 players?!

I feel like we only went away from it because they were appeasing Flegler by starting him... there was chat just prior about looking to re-sign him then boom... he's starting
This. Exactly. We started him to “appease him”. I feel like a solid, steady head like Jensen who just goes about his job without being a penalty magnet is way better!
Now, 💯 I would bench Flegler and let him bring the fire 20mins in.

Jesus Christ we can’t keep them all.

Flegler was being offered stupid money and no way should we have competed with it.
Honestly, if any player was in his shoes, what would they do?! He is already taking overs at $650K and someone offers him $800K+ with 4 year security. Good on him for taking the cash and thank you DD and Ikin for letting him go. It’s like Fifita, stupid $$$ offer. they aren’t worth that, why bother trying to compete?

You can find the Tom Fleglers of the world every year coming up imo. Never been consistent enough or a top prop to demand that contract. He may turn out being a consistent force and the dolphins have the runway to find out. Broncs in a different spot. You cant keep them all.

Not overly disappointed in losing Flegler.
If we had kept him he would want a starting spot when Jensen is more suited to that role on a fraction of the price. At times last season Kennedy was providing impact off the bench on a base salary that's all we really need coming off the bench with Payne and Patty in the side.
The timing of it isn't ideal, if the club had money sat aside for Flegler and offered Herbie a contract based on keeping Flegler aswell.
No way we should have offered Herbie what the dolphins paid but we might of been able to offer him a little extra (if what we offered was low) if we knew Flegler was going too.

Honestly, if any player was in his shoes, what would they do?! He is already taking overs at $650K and someone offers him $800K+ with 4 year security. Good on him for taking the cash and thank you DD and Ikin for letting him go. It’s like Fifita, stupid $$$ offer. they aren’t worth that, why bother trying to compete?

I'd be FAR more pissed at the Broncos if we upped our offer to $800k+ to keep him, and unbalance everything even more. As much as I love him, Flegs has been on overs this current contract, and it's played a part in our unbalanced roster. To stay, he had to either take unders, or at least the lower part of the range of what he's worth, for the sake of our roster. Good on the club for sticking to their guns.

As for Flegs, as much as it shits me, I really can't blame him. Stupid money is stupid money and careers are short. I wish him luck, though not against us of course, he can get binned first tackle in our games.

And, **** the Lolphins. They were likely going to be my second team, the local good news story - but no, not now, **** them to the moon. I know they've been dealt the short stick by the NRL and that sucks, but I don't care anymore. **** off, Flipper!!

Not overly fussed to lose him , he is a loose cannon, penalty magnet who will probably continue to spend time on the sideline, paying this dude $800k a year based on his history would be madness.

If we offered him $650 then I think that was a pretty decent offer on the Broncos part, IMO he owed the club a bit of grace for the amount of time he has spent on the sideline.

See this kind of shit is why I registered to post. Firstly, it is a business and he is a young bloke who will no doubt turn out and play hard for his team mates. Secondly, he is a bog standard prop who you guys have plenty of.

Put anyone around Carrigan, get them to follow his lead and your pack is fine without Flegler.

It is what is, but what annoys me is that if flegler told us earlier we might have been able to throw more cash at herbie

It is what is, but what annoys me is that if flegler told us earlier we might have been able to throw more cash at herbie
I know that’s the general consensus, but Herbie thinking FB money for a position he will never play with Walsh in the side is silly. So even if we throw more money at him, what’s the point? He wants the #1 jersey. We have plenty of back ups in Mariner,
Q-Ward, Arthars & Hoeter. They may not be Herbie’s level at the moment, but at least they might pass the ball 😂

I know that’s the general consensus, but Herbie thinking FB money for a position he will never play with Walsh in the side is silly. So even if we throw more money at him, what’s the point? He wants the #1 jersey. We have plenty of back ups in Mariner,
Q-Ward, Arthars & Hoeter. They may not be Herbie’s level at the moment, but at least they might pass the ball 😂
When Herbie was out injured there was a noticeable difference getting out of our own end with his metres, the guys who filled in just didn't give what he gave.
Oates is gonna need some help in that department and who knows how many good years he has left in him.

When Herbie was out injured there was a noticeable difference getting out of our own end with his metres, the guys who filled in just didn't give what he gave.
Oates is gonna need some help in that department and who knows how many good years he has left in him.

Herbie’s metres will definitely be missed but Cobbo also makes a ton so they will help and Mariner is also a bit of a metre eater. Herbie is a loss, it will be felt but Mariner is a really good replacement with massive upside.

A few takeaway points from me on both the Herbie and Flegs situation.

- I don't think the announcements prior to round 1 are a coincidence. Looks like DD and Ikin have told these guys they will have their future sorted prior to round one or we'll decide it for you. None of this bullshit taking us for a ride. Everyone future sorted pre round one so there's no distractions.

- while the media will try beat this up us Brisbane in crisis blah blah blah. This is just modern foooty under the salary cap. To me its probably a bit of cap rebalancing. We have two starting state of origin props already so we just need a few Corey Jensens around them. Regarding the argument of culture and not buying into what Kev is selling, have a look at the players Melbourne lost this season. Unless you're the Roosters you've just gotta accept you can't keep them all.

- Not sure what halves are off contract at the end of 24 but i wonder if we might keep a bit of this money Plus the reynolds 800k and throw 1 million + at a genuine halfback in a couple of years?

Definitely going to need some quality middle range forwards having lost Kennedy, Palasia, James, Fleggler and also TC over the 23,24 season. We absolutley cannot afford to just fill those gaps with kids.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • lynx000
  • broncotville
  • barker
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • theshed
  • Shane Tronc
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.