OFFICIAL Flegler ***** off to the Dolphins

Again, same with Herbie, disappointed but not overly. There's a good player in Flegler if could channel his aggression a little better but at this stage he's too much of a loose cannon. Hopefully he kicks on as Qld will need him in the coming years.

I wonder who we're saving our cap for.

Upgrades. Fleglers salary probably wont be enough to cover Carrigan and Haas. Then we need to replace Flegler as well. We also need to be mindful that while Mariner may look promising, he still might not be ready. Hopefully we will be smart and just sign a few solid NRL players where we need them with the money. Cant keep relying on kids to fill the void.

Upgrades. Fleglers salary probably wont be enough to cover Carrigan and Haas. Then we need to replace Flegler as well. We also need to be mindful that while Mariner may look promising, he still might not be ready. Hopefully we will be smart and just sign a few solid NRL players where we need them with the money. Cant keep relying on kids to fill the void.

Haas is already on a million, surely he isn’t getting upgraded or at least not significantly. Carrigan will take up the bulk of Flegs you’d think but there would still be some left over plus Herbie’s wage untouched and Robati’s. I imagine Reynolds wage also reduces and maybe Oates and Capewell but don’t know on that.

Regardless, there should be enough there for a 6-700k signing and if you had to lose a Piakura say as well to gain a Fifita, you’d do it.

Haas is already on a million, surely he isn’t getting upgraded or at least not significantly. Carrigan will take up the bulk of Flegs you’d think but there would still be some left over plus Herbie’s wage untouched and Robati’s. I imagine Reynolds wage also reduces and maybe Oates and Capewell but don’t know on that.

Regardless, there should be enough there for a 6-700k signing and if you had to lose a Piakura say as well to gain a Fifita, you’d do it.

I can see Payne wanting a $200k-$300k bump to stay. Herbie is probably on no more than $400k. Depends on who we upgrade really besides.

Already done. Taupau???

That's not going to cut the mustard anymore, sadly. Players aren't taking unders to stay at Brisbane like the good ol' days, they're sniffing for the payday and leaving as soon as they find it. With Dearden fucking off north and numerous blokes taking the bank at Redcliffe, we aren't even THE place to be in QLD now.

The shine is off, and I'm not sure if it's even possible to bring it back, and Kev definitely won't be the one to do it.
Well it depends on what you mean when you say the shine is off. We wont have Tier 1 Rep calibre players in every position again like we did in the 90's-mid 2000's though, thats for sure.

The results or response to them, will be the judge of Kevie Walters and this playing group. They dont need to match a highlights package from the past, just what the top teams are currently doing.

As for players leaving for money or opportunity, that is the new normal. While losing Flegler and Farnworth isnt great, its not a knockout punch. The trick is putting good pieces around the stars (I' ve never liked that phrase though)

To get that kinda bump, he's going to have to introduce quick play the balls into his game.
Agreed. I’ll be mature and not drag his “off field dramas” into this, but even without those, there is no way Haas is a million dollar player. The fact that he battles the defence to make 2 more centimetres whilst completely stifling our momentum should cost him money each game. Have a look at the best coached teams forwards when they hit it up. They get to ground and bang the defence is on the back foot. Haas gives them enough time to make a cup of tea. Not good enough from someone wanting big money.

did the cap not go up ? we should have money to upgrade a few and still make a big signing, add in the departures of palasia , Robati, Flegler and Herbie.
Not us @pagey. We wouldn’t have the money. The roosters on the other hand?

💯 everyone is on waaaaaay unders. It’s the after footy “opportunities” that every roosters player without fail gets from uncle Nick. Players that play for the roosters are all happy to do it for 100K per year, coz you know… “opportunities” 😂

This one stings only because I rate Flegs but the reality is we couldn't keep him. We have to keep the right pieces together to get a prem and another prop on 800k isn't going to help get that done.

Agreed. I’ll be mature and not drag his “off field dramas” into this, but even without those, there is no way Haas is a million dollar player. The fact that he battles the defence to make 2 more centimetres whilst completely stifling our momentum should cost him money each game. Have a look at the best coached teams forwards when they hit it up. They get to ground and bang the defence is on the back foot. Haas gives them enough time to make a cup of tea. Not good enough from someone wanting big money.

100% which is why unless he develops or changes his game, I would let Haas walk as well. As good as a genetic freak that he is, we actually played better without him when he was missing from the squad in 2022.

With Payne, it’s all about the big minutes and big post contact metres which is his main strengths. But post contact metres are a severely overrated stat.

Do you want to have a guess at which team in 2022 had the least post contact metres overall as a team? I’ll give you a hint, they won the comp 2 years running.

Not us @pagey. We wouldn’t have the money. The roosters on the other hand?

💯 everyone is on waaaaaay unders. It’s the after footy “opportunities” that every roosters player without fail gets from uncle Nick. Players that play for the roosters are all happy to do it for 100K per year, coz you know… “opportunities” 😂
lol , seriously he basically says that you get your bag of cash after you finish. must be nice having a billionaire handing out severance packages or "opportunities " off the books.

Did you see Payne play in the trial ?
He has been coached to find his front and PTB . I think that facet of his game will improve this season .

Did you see Payne play in the trial ?
He has been coached to find his front and PTB . I think that facet of his game will improve this season .
There's also plenty of times where PCM are extremely valuable, it's about coaching him the right and wrong times to wrestle for field position. He definitely has adjusted his style, I'm excited for this year I reckon he'll be huge.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Alec
  • Pablo
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.