OFFICIAL Flegler ***** off to the Dolphins

Do you want to have a guess at which team in 2022 had the least post contact metres overall as a team? I’ll give you a hint, they won the comp 2 years running.

Overall as a team as in the whole team?

If so, I don't think you've got that stat correct.

Logan Baylis is the definition of a bog standard prop . LOL .

Didn`t impress me in the trials .
Yeah I never said he will be great or the next Haas. I just think that we could probably use a few no frills, run hard tackle hard types in our stocks. Thats what he looked like to me, didn't make any errors, ran the ball pretty well and tackled pretty well. We already have a few superstars in the front row.

Logan Baylis is the definition of a bog standard prop . LOL .

Didn`t impress me in the trials .
Yeah after watching him in the trials he certainly didn't impress, I have seen plenty of entry level/average props who would run through him no worries over the years.

Got run over under the posts by a prop from Wynnum .
Looked disinterested at times . Certainly not pro active .
Lol watch it again, run over? he was trying to cover a Ben Tekura missed tackle by srafing the line, it was two on one and got wrong footed by a step. That was a Ben Tekura miss, not anything to do with Baylis.. He cant tackle both 15 and 17 here...

But yeah your right he isnt awe-inspiring, but as i said. would be interested if he can give us some consistency and not be super in demand on the open market.

Yeah after watching him in the trials he certainly didn't impress, I have seen plenty of entry level/average props who would run through him no worries over the years.
The guys we had In the front row In the 22 trial against Wynnum were alot more impressive.
Nakabuwai and Amey I think they were, not sure how they went last season in cup

Lol watch it again, run over? he was trying to cover a Ben Tekura missed tackle by srafing the line, it was two on one and got wrong footed by a step. That was a Ben Tekura miss, not anything to do with Baylis.. He cant tackle both 15 and 17 here...

View attachment 21134

View attachment 21135

But yeah your right he isnt awe-inspiring, but as i said. would be interested if he can give us some consistency and not be super in demand on the open market.
I love it when the screen shots come out

No it isn't, 1 mil was for JT2 when the cap was much lower, with the new cap that 800k last year is now a million.
Fair point on the cap going up and JT2 I guess.
I’ll rephrase… how many top teams, (think Penrith, Rooters, Storm) are paying anything more than $850K for a prop?
JFH? JWH? Welch? None.
Junior Paulo would be about the 900K, but my point still stands. Flegler is not even in the same league as those guys.

Fair point on the cap going up and JT2 I guess.
I’ll rephrase… how many top teams, (think Penrith, Rooters, Storm) are paying anything more than $850K for a prop?
JFH? JWH? Welch? None.
Junior Paulo would be about the 900K, but my point still stands. Flegler is not even in the same league as those guys.
Bromwich and Hargreaves both where around that mark when the list was leaked last year.

Flegler isn't that level though before the cap increase for this year based on last year I would say at most around the 600k mark but probably 500-550k.

100% which is why unless he develops or changes his game, I would let Haas walk as well. As good as a genetic freak that he is, we actually played better without him when he was missing from the squad in 2022.

With Payne, it’s all about the big minutes and big post contact metres which is his main strengths. But post contact metres are a severely overrated stat.

Do you want to have a guess at which team in 2022 had the least post contact metres overall as a team? I’ll give you a hint, they won the comp 2 years running.

Overall as a team as in the whole team?

If so, I don't think you've got that stat correct.
Screenshot 20230228 205422 Chrome

It's a pretty good match for the actual ladder, only the Storm standout as being particularly low but they're value is having 4 elite players in the spine so they have no money for forwards.

Handy trick if you can find 4 spine players worth 1m each.

There's also plenty of times where PCM are extremely valuable, it's about coaching him the right and wrong times to wrestle for field position. He definitely has adjusted his style, I'm excited for this year I reckon he'll be huge.

He's got to step it up. He's not top dog anymore here. He could be anything if he can evolve his game.

He's still a **** though.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Tim K
  • Waynesaurus
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rah88
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.