Game I Post-Game Discussion Thread

Ta, our one and only soft call.

Speaks volumes IMO.

Yeah, I'm not sure we would have won anyway, they were better overall but it sets the tone and makes it damn hard to get something going.

Oh I'm not blaming the refs on Queensland being thoroughly out enthused. I never thought we were much of a chance but I definitely think there was some real home town reffing going on.

Join my anti-Klein agenda Dex, we need good men like you.

Well NSW got their 1st try off a wrong knock on decision, take that out and it's 8-6...
And I'm not saying that to suggest we would have won if that call was correct but the fact that NSW dominated us all night and only won by 8 points is a good sign for game 2.

A question for the Maroons fans: Who did you think impressed for you blokes tonight? I thought Parker, Hodges and Smith were QLD's best

Good picks Bman.

I thought Scott had a couple of good carries too with little to no support. Te'o was behind Parker as our best benchy.

Myles was below his best but still played well IMO. Shame about the knock on at the line - would have changed the complexion of the game.

Parker and Hodges for sure.

Blues played much better tonight.

So Thurston didn't kick because he had an aducter strain which was done pre match. Mal should have grown a set and asked him to stand aside unless he thinks an injured virus weakened Thurston is better than a fully fit DCE. I guess he got the answer to that.

Well NSW got their 1st try off a wrong knock on decision, take that out and it's 8-6...
And I'm not saying that to suggest we would have won if that call was correct but the fact that NSW dominated us all night and only won by 8 points is a good sign for game 2.

It actually should have been a penalty to NSW. Look at Cronk holding Hoffman's jersey and he does it through the whole contest.

coopercronkholding.jpg

Plus I still think the ball comes off Hoffman's head into Tate's pinky.

tateknockon.gif

(Sorry I've been gif crazy the last few days.)

Even if it hits Tates hand it's still backwards out of the hand. I can't blame the ref for getting it wrong but you just know that type of call won't go our way.

Even if it hits Tates hand it's still backwards out of the hand. I can't blame the ref for getting it wrong but you just know that type of call won't go our way.
As soon as it touches Hoffman it is a knock on like it always is. Plus seeing as it hits Hoffman in the forearm anyway it is knocked forward. Very small touch but the right call in the end.

So Thurston didn't kick because he had an aducter strain which was done pre match. Mal should have grown a set and asked him to stand aside unless he thinks an injured virus weakened Thurston is better than a fully fit DCE. I guess he got the answer to that.

Yup, as courageous as it is playing with an injury, it was stupid of Thurston to play when he was well below his best, that could potentially cost Queensland the series. Winning game 1 is vital.

My thoughts from the game:

1. NSW were the better side, no doubt about it. They out enthused us for 60 mins of the game. Their handling was pretty poor but their defence was able to cover it well.
2. Cronk has not stepped up to origin level since lockyer left and this was his worst game by far. His kicking game is atrocious.
3. Our bench lacked size and aggression like predicted. Gillett was a passenger, Teo only played a fraction of the game and mcqueen didnt see much more time. I dont see the point of having all 3 of these guys when it seems they will just share 40 - 50 mins between them.
4. Parker was our best player by a mile. Always looking for offloads (good, solid offloads, not shitty ones like gillett)
5. Hodges was close behind parker.
6. Thaiday needs to be dropped, but it will never happen. Harrison should also be dropped for parker to start but again, wont happen
7. Gallen shouldve been binned. No doubts about it. Total fucking grub. The only reason he didnt is because the refs had flashbacks to them all getting dropped after binning Jennings last year.
8. Hannant must be rushed back, or kennedy if not available, and papalii needs to be there. Gillett and McQueen out for me.

lastly, and the most important; We NEED Inglis to play fullback, at least in attack. Currently we have inglis and tate both playing out of position. Why not move slater to wing, tate to his natural centre position and inglis to his natural fullback position. Dont say weakening one spot to strengthen another, because we are actually strengthening 2 spots with this move!! Inglis needs the ball in his hands at least once a set.

Last edited:
Sorry will never agree with that, to me if Tates hand is facing his own goaline the ball can only go one way and that is backwards from the hand then it hits Hoffman but like I said I can't blame the refs for calling it like that, at least it's consistent with how they make similar calls.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Volvo Driver
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • MrMoore
  • Viti
  • broncs30
  • BroncosMan
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • Spooky1013
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • ezpz
  • Horseheadsup
  • broncos4life
  • Skathen
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.