CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
At Ahmedabad fast bowling during the day v night.

24 wickets at 26.16- first innings
11 wickets at 47- second innings

Spinner's day v night.

14 wickets at 25- first innings
eight at 55- second innings

Team chasing won 3/4 games there during the World Cup. That is some data driven homework by Cummins, Bailey and McDonald.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

Spinner's day v night.

Team chasing won 3/4 games there during the World Cup. That is some data driven homework by Cummins, Bailey and McDonald.
Do you reckon Rohit was trying to bluff the Aussies when he said he was going to bat first anyway?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Richardson did alright in his return yesterday. He seems like he has done a lot of work on his batting, he looks a legit quality number 8 option now, could possibly even bat higher if needed.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
I'm a bit late to the party but credit where it's due, for the Aussies to win the WC in India against India is a pretty amazing feat, I had major doubts early on in the competition when we looked way under done but they built up to and really peak at the right time.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I'm a bit late to the party but credit where it's due, for the Aussies to win the WC in India against India is a pretty amazing feat, I had major doubts early on in the competition when we looked way under done but they built up to and really peak at the right time.

We have such a terrible record in India but have won two World Cups there.

Two in India
One in Australia
One in England
One in South Africa
One in the West Indies

It's better than our home record.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
IMG 1976

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I've got five minutes until my next meeting (which I won't pay any attention to anyway BUT I wonder what the next Cup side will look like. I certainly wouldn't be pushing the guys who just won it out the door, they've more than earned their right to stay for as long as they want but I think they will need to start phasing in the next gen over the next 2-3 years to be ready for the next Cup. I believe last night was Warner's ODI retirement unless he wants to finish at a game in Sydney. It is probably time right now to move on from Stoinis and Carey and maybe even Smith, though no need to rush that.

For the next couple of series, I'd be looking at rotating through:

1. Head/Short
2. Green/McDermott
3. Marsh/Renshaw
4. Labushagne/McSweeney
5. Davies/Smith
6. Maxwell/Hardie
7. Inglis/Philippe
8. Cummins/Sutherland
9. Starc/Sandhu
10. Hazlewood/Ellis
11. Zampa/Sangha

Look to build the core squad out of that BUT I'd also be looking at giving a game here and there to Salzmann, he looks like the next Cummins.
Interesting the core of the team has won a one day and 20 /20 tournament before . That was part of the reason I thought criticizing the Captain and coach was harsh . Like I said they are already world champions before this tourney .
I thought it might take the bigger stakes to bring out their best .

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

Spinner's day v night.

Like I said the other day Baily is cricket scholar . I remember when he was installed as 20 /20 Captain and the talk about his decisions across the 120 ball innings with match ups and field placings .

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Interesting the core of the team has won a one day and 20 /20 tournament before . That was part of the reason I thought criticizing the Captain and coach was harsh . Like I said they are already world champions before this tourney .
I thought it might take the bigger stakes to bring out their best .

Nah there was something different this time. This is the moment that Cummins and MacDonald arrived, I am actually excited to see what comes next. This reminds me a bit of Kevvie's arrival.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Im in the middle of watching the test new era doco, and it's lucky we won that world cup because how Langer went down has really peeved me, he is a brilliant coach and you can see how he helped the squad progress so much from his standards.

Then a part of me thinks well maybe Langer did his job and it was now time for the next step

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Im in the middle of watching the test new era doco, and it's lucky we won that world cup because how Langer went down has really peeved me, he is a brilliant coach and you can see how he helped the squad progress so much from his standards.

Then a part of me thinks well maybe Langer did his job and it was now time for the next step

Whatever way you look at it, it's proven to be the right call.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Ollie Davies is putting his name up in lights this season.

Active Now

• Redux
  • Xzei
  • ezpz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Hammerman47
  • Jedhead
  • jd87
  • Dash
  • Strop
  • bert_lifts
  • Old Mate
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Howie
  • davidp
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.