Get behind your club.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Ok guys we know its gonna be a tough season and we have already run into some troubles.

But now more then ever the players needs us to get behind them and give them that extra support. A few of you follow our players on facebook and just like myself you see the pain some of the young guys go thru. What some might not know is that there is 5 of these young guys all members on here.

Can we give them just 1 thread where we get behind these guys and give them the support they need. These young guys like Norman,Gillett,Big Show have never been in this position before and for some of them how us fans treat them will shape their career.

Or they could be mentored, supported and given advice by the wealth of experienced players we have in our playing ranks who have been through something similar. Oh, wait...

I'd love to, but I can't seem to find any of the players fan pages.

draggx said:
What some might not know is that there is 5 of these young guys all members on here.

Is one of them Steve Michaels?

I love the club and i get heated at times, but its because I believe in them so much I always expect us to win. I have no doubt that we have the talent to get it done, I just want to see them knuckle down and apply themselves. There is too much talent in our side to see us get beat like that. All I want to see is effort, if we put in and lose, than im proud. But theres too much giving up going on.

I still tell anyone that will listen we will win the premiership tho, yes i cop a lot of shit for it.

OXY-351 said:
draggx said:
What some might not know is that there is 5 of these young guys all members on here.

Is one of them Steve Michaels?

Nope not that i know. I suggested to 1 player i talk to not to let Michaels join lol

i would suggest that none of them look at it, we are all passionate fans and sometimes we may go too far with what we say. The only people they should be listening to are there coaches and respective mentors.

Well the words one guy said "The fans will tell you something the coach wouldn't see, Its a different view on how we play"

pennywisealfie said:
i would suggest that none of them look at it, we are all passionate fans and sometimes we may go too far with what we say. The only people they should be listening to are there coaches and respective mentors.

I agree dude. We are way too harsh on here but that is the nature of the beast really.

Don't think I've posted before on this forum but I thought I should speak up. I sometimes feel a bit embarrassed being a Broncos supporter knowing how quickly we turn on the team after a loss. Give the blokes a chance. They are a terribly young team full of promise with a lot of growing to do.

There is still ages to go in the season and the top 8 finals system gives us heaps of room to get into the finals. As long as the team are trying to learn from their mistakes I'm happy. Things aren't going our way at the moment but things will pick up. Hopefully we'll have the full compliment mid yearish and everything is gelling so we can have a full swing at the finals. Remember how badly the eels were going last year at the start? We had a pretty bad run ourselves and we still got pretty close.

I was a Bronco fan at the mention of the club joining the league and I will be until the day they bury me 6 feet under, however the club also has to do their part and earn that loyalty. Their last 2 outings was hardly be used as an example of effort, of tenacity, determination and just simply, never giving up. Nobody likes it when we lose, but to lose still fighting is far better than simply capitulating when times get tough. The club asks that of us, to stay strong and stand by the players in their time of need, I ask the same of them, earn our support, prove to us that you give a dam about us, keep fighting even though the contest maybe lost. Prove to us that you’re worth supporting and you will get it back 10 fold.

whatever

I can accept getting thrashed in games, as long as they tried.

Yesterday they didn't, the white flag went up when we lost Folau & Kemp within minutes of each other.

Kemp went off & there was no scrambling of players to try & stop the gap he left, just a whoosh of Warriors players running to score where Kemp was.

Years gone by we would have seen some ticker in them, whether they are the young bronocos or not & they would have shown pride in wearing a Broncos jersey.

These days, there is no pride showing.

This intention of this thread was to be a positive one. If you can't be positive at the moment (understandable and well within your right) then take your comments to one of the many other threads in Bronco Talk.

Yeah I know. There was always a thrashing or two but it is starting to happen a bit too often. Lets just give the boys a few more weeks before we write them off. I say a few more weeks as Friday has me worried.

I love you Broncos and every player who puts on the Broncos jersey.
Hodges if your reading this you are god, in fact even better :D
Gillet your playing like a champ, Norman very impressed with you so good for someone who's just starting out in the NRL.

I'll always support the Broncos as long as they put the effort in, that's all I ask.

I am supporting a different team this year, the mighty Gut Busters RLFC. Undefeated after 3 rounds.

Active Now

• Broncos Maestro
  • Morkel
  • thenry
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Redux
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • HarryAllan7
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Manifesto
  • Wild Horse
  • Ffs...
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.