Greg Inglis Assault Charges

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
If GI's guilty, I have lost my respect for him. How the hell can you bash a woman, let alone, your own girlfriend!

If he gets banned in the NRL, I'm sure we'll find another player that can play as good as him.

Stop bashing women, idiots!

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
KrispyKris said:
If he gets banned in the NRL, I'm sure we'll find another player that can play as good as him.
I'm not. He is a once a decade (or more) type player IMO. We haven't seen someone like him since Renouf.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
If someone is guilty then a ban does seem fair enough but that might cause all sorts of trouble in itself. So much technicalities to that - I'm going to assume you can't really ban them from going to Japan to play rugby for a million a season so it wouldn't be the end of the world for them either. (Whether they enjoy it or not is a different matter) Then they come back after earning two mill and join another NRL team again? Not really a punishment...

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
However if they are found guilty they won't be able to get a visa to play in many places OS (not sure about Japan), so it will serioulsy affect their ability to continue earning the big bucks.

I agree on mandatory bannings for those found guilty of violent crimes. However I think the club / league should also be involved in getting them some rehabilitation or other kind of help (whatever is required depending on the individual's situation). Just banning them for 2 years really isn't going to change anything in most cases.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Anonymous person said:
KrispyKris said:
I'm not. He is a once a decade (or more) type player IMO. We haven't seen someone like him since Renouf.

Since when are players biggerr than the game? Especially after the year the NRL has had, the last thing we need is leniency (sp?) on players who committ violence, especially towards women.

Who cares if he is a great player? Sick and tired of seeing these idiots thinking they are above the law and above society.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Inglis has been a shining light in the NRL this year, with all the shit that has been going on he has really kept my love for the game intact with the way he destroyed nsw. I am gutted about this, pure and simple

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Going by the reports in the papers & net, Inglis has been a wreck waiting to happen for quite some time.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
I have no doubt there will be another athlete out there just as good (if not better) than Inglis. My fear is though that RL won't be the one to get him if players are allowed to get away with this kind of behaviour. If he is guilty he has to received some kind of long term ban for the good of the sport.

I work pretty closely with school sport and there has been talk even before this latest incident that schools in Qld are going to stop playing RL all together because the continued violent and alcohol related incidents over the past 18 months - 2 years. The past day or 2 since the Inglis incident Qld School Sport are even more serious about getting out of RL and not allowing visits or clinics by RL players.

It is the behaviour of players and the subsequent public image of the that is going to kill Rugby League (not the refs, sorry Rock).

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Anonymous person said:
KrispyKris said:

So?

He's still a woman basher

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Flutterby said:
It is the behaviour of players and the subsequent public image of the that is going to kill Rugby League (not the refs, sorry Rock).

I totally agree. The ref situation fluctuates from year to year, but this stuff is just getting worse and worse. It's certainly turning me off. I'll always love my club but I'm not proud to be a league fan at the moment and I keep it very quiet in certain (most) circles.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
LOL ROFL NRL IS A DISGRACE - DISGRACE - DISGRACE.
Inglis is getting two weeks.....
ROFL LOL @ NRL SACK GALLOP NOW!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:

Um no. They're just extended his suspension until his next court appearance, which is in 2 weeks. Depending on the outcome of that his suspension may be further extended.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Russo said:
Interesting to hear Steve Renouf's thoughts on this that all of this goingons, the only possible explanation is Gen Y, and I think there might just be something in that.

Plenty of you on these boards what do you all think ????

Absolutely fcuking stupid statement by Renouf, what a dead set moron

I didn't realise women had never been abused until 1980 onwards, learn something new every day

(Geez generational generalisations dead set sh1t me to tears)

Increased media coverage on all sports and that domestic violence has been brought out of the shadows meaning women are more likely to complain, hence - though I'm sure generational generalisations are the possible explanations

Idiot

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

Um no. They're just extended his suspension until his next court appearance, which is in 2 weeks. Depending on the outcome of that his suspension may be further extended.
Well the way I read it he'll pretty much play in the finals. If Inglis plays any more games in 2009 than the NRL is a disgrace.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Browny said:
Anonymous person said:
KrispyKris said:

So?

He's still a woman basher
whats being an alleged woman basher got to do with finding another player that can play as good as him? [icon_confu

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Ok so here comes the twist, she has reported that he was trying to help her when she suffered the black eye. She was trying to harm/kill herself and he was trying to dis arm her.......

Now quite possible, she could have been doing that and he coould have hurt her while trying to stop her... her mental state would have been shot and she would have been angry that he stopped her so she told police that he hit her. Now after the help and support that family has given her along with the help the Torm offered shehas a clearer head and wants to set the record straight.

Him where to sit on this one..... OK I believe her and think Greg hurt her while trying to disarm her.

So which side of the fence are you on?

THE girlfriend of Melbourne Storm rugby league star Greg Inglis has made a new statement to police that her lawyer says may clear him of charges he assaulted her.

Inglis, regarded as one of the world's best rugby league players, was charged with unlawful assault and recklessly causing injury to girlfriend Sally Robinson during an alleged altercation at their western suburbs home on Sunday.

The case, heard briefly in the Sunshine Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, was adjourned for two weeks. Ms Robinson allegedly suffered a black eye.

But The Age newspaper reports that Ms Robinson's solicitor, Bob Galbally of law firm Galbally Rolfe, confirmed Ms Robinson had made a fresh statement to police that had been passed to detectives.

"I can confirm that I have provided police with a new statement and other significant facts which they were not aware of when Mr Inglis was charged," he told the newspaper.

"I am concerned that the public have been left with the wrong impression of what occurred on August 9. Now that the full facts are able to be investigated I am hoping the conclusion will be that no offences have been committed."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25 ... 77,00.html

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Was just about to post the same thing Tee.

I'm inclined to believe them. I think it's telling when Robinson's own solicitor is the one making a statement saying that he hopes police find that no offence has been committed. Many players aren't a surprise when their names are mentioned over something like this, or a drunken incident etc. but Greg Inglis was one that truly surprised me. Reports were going around over the last few days that his storm team mates have long been concerned about whether or not the 2 should even be together, and perhaps this is why.

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Seibs
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • thenry
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.