Greg Inglis signing thread.

The Rock said:
Very true Aeetee. Some people need to lighten up a bit.

Im not stressed or fussed about it ffs lol. im just saying, theres a lot of hearsay and before i get thrilled at the idea of GI up here, ill need to see it in the news.

Coxy said:
Ridge Forrester style.

Just wait for "Hot Property" featuring Inglis, the Titans and a now homeless Scott Prince...

[icon_lol1.

Aeetee said:
Can't wait for the next installment titled "Cronk and the not so legal contract" dun dun dahhhhhh

Slippery episode that one but right on track.

All aboard the Cronk Train.

Did the NRL just give Titans the money to buy Inglis ?

Full Story
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5896464994

THE precarious state of finances in rugby league has never been more evident, with the revelation three clubs have required emergency assistance from the NRL to pay their players this season.

We can reveal the Titans, Sharks and Knights have all asked for - and been granted - a total of $1.6 million in advances from their monthly grants because of serious cash flow issues.

The Titans had to get $1 million paid up front and the Sharks and the Knights $300,000 each to pay football club staff, coaches and players their monthly salaries.

The three clubs are also servicing interest on huge bank overdrafts just to stay afloat.

Wow, the Titans certainly shouldn't be going after Inglis if that's the case.

The NRL won't let them buy Inglis because they won't let them use money that the NRL gave them too help pay staff. It would just be cheating!

broncos777 said:
The NRL won't let them buy Inglis because they won't let them use money that the NRL gave them too help pay staff. It would just be cheating!

It wouldn't be cheating at all. It's not ideal for the club, but it's not really that much different to a subsidiary of a corporation utilising an inter-company loan. It saves them going to the bank to borrow more, that's if the bank even wants to lend them more.

What it means is that it's doubtful Greg would want to go to a club where there is any risk of him not getting his cash.

Inglis might cost the Titans 500k, but let's be honest here, he'd be worth 3 times that the club, any club, in terms of bums on seats, sponsorship ect.

As much as I am a Broncos fan, I am a league fan as well, and my head says I hope he goes to the Titans, it would boost league on the gold coast, it would put a serious dent in the AFL's gold coast aspirations ect. inglis in Titan colours is 100 times better for the game than Inglis in Bronco colours.

And how good for the game will the Titans having a salary cap scandal or going broke be?

Coxy said:
And how good for the game will the Titans having a salary cap scandal or going broke be?

IMO: That's why they never found any evidence of rorting.

Though Simcorp's Alex Simpson said he loaned the Titans money to pay players. (which was denied by them)

Twiztid said:
Did the NRL just give Titans the money to buy Inglis ?

Full Story
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5896464994

THE precarious state of finances in rugby league has never been more evident, with the revelation three clubs have required emergency assistance from the NRL to pay their players this season.

We can reveal the Titans, Sharks and Knights have all asked for - and been granted - a total of $1.6 million in advances from their monthly grants because of serious cash flow issues.

The Titans had to get $1 million paid up front and the Sharks and the Knights $300,000 each to pay football club staff, coaches and players their monthly salaries.

The three clubs are also servicing interest on huge bank overdrafts just to stay afloat.

I hope Inglis reads that article, rings up Michael Searle and tells him to take a step back and literally **** his own face. Then he can call up Gee or Bruno and tell them how much of a turd sniffer Searle is and not to worry about him signing anywhere else.

Inglis' likely move to Broncos 'stalled'

While Sam Thaiday has debunked speculation of a possible move home to North Queensland, Brisbane are no wiser about their offer to Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis.

The Broncos were upset by headlines last week that Inglis's signing could mean losing Thaiday to the Cowboys.

"I'm not going back home," said Thaiday, seen as the heir apparent to Lockyer's captaincy.

"My mum and dad are still up there but I don't see myself going to the Cowboys. It's a good club but Brisbane is my first priority."

Despite reports the Gold Coast would lodge a better offer with Inglis's manager Allan Gainey on the weekend, Brisbane have had no communication or word on negotiations which have stalled because of more pressing issues facing his NRL club.

Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen said on Sunday the club would play the waiting game but would not budge on its one and only offer to Inglis.

"Absolutely nothing has changed," Cullen said of the Inglis situation.

"We've put an offer to him, it's still the same, it won't change.

"We're not in negotiations with them at the moment because that's our offer.

"The delay, if there is a delay, is down there (Melbourne).

"We won't get involved in what Greg and his manager, Melbourne and the NRL salary cap auditor have to work out.

"When all that's done they'll come back to us and say `we accept your offer or we don't accept your offer'.

"There won't be any other negotiations, either he's coming or he's not."

Cullen said the Inglis opportunity "came out of the blue" and the club would not go searching for players if the Inglis deal fell through.

"We made them an offer, they knocked it back and when the Deloitte report (into the extent of Melbourne rorting) came out, they (Gainey) came back and said: `We're interested again'.

Cullen questioned the figures being quoted that Brisbane could cobble together for Inglis, reportedly on more than $600,000 a season with the Storm.

"When they first contacted us and said Greg Inglis was interested in coming to the Broncos, we weren't in the market for any other player," said Cullen.

"We were happy to move to 2011 with the players we've got.

"People talk about us having a pot of gold but we've just signed (upgraded) 13 players.

"If Greg Inglis rung us this afternoon and said he is not coming, the cue would go in the rack and we wouldn't go out looking for another player."

The fact Brisbane will not be looking at anyone else is a good sign indeed. The longer it is drawn out the more chance it is that we will get him imo. The money will always be there, we made our offer we left it as is and won't spend it.

Titans will get bored after 2 weeks and go buy a Steve Michaels.

Looks like the Titans are broke but still trying to sign GI. Doesn't make much sense to me..

Titans are a business. In business, you have to spend money to make money.

I doubt Inglis is going to save them.

Active Now

• The True King
  • Allo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • Lostboy
  • mrslong
  • Justwin
  • Battler
  • Browny
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Strapper
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.