Greg Inglis signing thread.

Pretty much a confirmation that it is down to the two SE QLD clubs:

SYDNEY-BASED clubs were still chasing Greg Inglis, despite the Melbourne Storm star declaring he wanted to play in south-east Queensland, his manager Allan Gainey said yesterday.

'There's been other clubs within the last couple of days saying, 'You sure he wouldn't consider coming to Sydney?''' he said.

''I've said 'It's out of the question'. There's only two options in light of what his personal situation is. It's been put to bed well and truly and I've told them there's no way in the world.''
http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sydney-out-for-inglis-manager-20100804-11fmm.html

look, just switch izzys head in the banner with GI's and be done with it already 8-)

Bucking Beads said:
Titans are crying out for a bloke like GI, they have no strike power and no X factor..

They have Rogers and he out leaped Izzy... X Factor right there.

matty johns show just reported that greg inglis likely to stay in melbourne. wtf is going on?

sydney_bronco09 said:
matty johns show just reported that greg inglis likely to stay in melbourne. wtf is going on?

Melbourne are letting Cronk go instead...

Why in the world would they do that?
I really don't understand..

Vossy may have an update for us on the REAL footy show. The Matty Johns show does **** all about footy. Some of the stuff is just stupid and they almost never talk and Rugby League. Its crap really

Honestly would not surprise me if Inglis decided to stay in Melbourne after all this crap.

It's all getting a bit ridiculous now, someone make a decision.

The Rock said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":3bdq1kz5][quote="sydney_bronco09":3bdq1kz5]matty johns show just reported that greg inglis likely to stay in melbourne. wtf is going on?

Melbourne are letting Cronk go instead...[/quote:3bdq1kz5]

A bit LOLZ to them if they are keeping Inglis over Cronk. Why would you do that?[/quote:3bdq1kz5]

It is LOLZ but it wouldn't surprise me because Inglis is a once in a generation player whilst Cronk is not.

The Rock said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":2y6ihksz][quote="sydney_bronco09":2y6ihksz]matty johns show just reported that greg inglis likely to stay in melbourne. wtf is going on?

Melbourne are letting Cronk go instead...[/quote:2y6ihksz]

A bit LOLZ to them if they are keeping Inglis over Cronk. Why would you do that?[/quote:2y6ihksz]

I know

Cronk, Slater and Smith are the spine of the team. They would struggle without cronk.

I highly dobut Cronk is going anywhere TBH. If one of them is leaving it will be Inglis. Time will tell i guess

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":3kgoud46][quote="Bucking Beads":3kgoud46][quote="sydney_bronco09":3kgoud46]matty johns show just reported that greg inglis likely to stay in melbourne. wtf is going on?

Melbourne are letting Cronk go instead...[/quote:3kgoud46]

A bit LOLZ to them if they are keeping Inglis over Cronk. Why would you do that?[/quote:3kgoud46]

It is LOLZ but it wouldn't surprise me because Inglis is a once in a generation player whilst Cronk is not.[/quote:3kgoud46]

I would argue Cronk is twice as important as Inglis is to the Storm. Cronk is not far off Thurston as the best 7 in the game. Probally a lot more consistant at the moment

Donny said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":3bg8ps0w][quote="Bucking Beads":3bg8ps0w][quote="sydney_bronco09":3bg8ps0w]matty johns show just reported that greg inglis likely to stay in melbourne. wtf is going on?

A bit LOLZ to them if they are keeping Inglis over Cronk. Why would you do that?[/quote:3bg8ps0w]

It is LOLZ but it wouldn't surprise me because Inglis is a once in a generation player whilst Cronk is not.[/quote:3bg8ps0w]

I would argue Cronk is twice as important as Inglis is to the Storm. Cronk is not far off Thurston as the best 7 in the game. Probally a lot more consistant at the moment[/quote:3bg8ps0w]

I agree but once again players like Inglis are very very rare.

Bucking Beads said:
Donny said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":27kls7ha][quote="The Rock":27kls7ha][quote="Bucking Beads":27kls7ha][quote="sydney_bronco09":27kls7ha]matty johns show just reported that greg inglis likely to stay in melbourne. wtf is going on?

A bit LOLZ to them if they are keeping Inglis over Cronk. Why would you do that?[/quote:27kls7ha]

It is LOLZ but it wouldn't surprise me because Inglis is a once in a generation player whilst Cronk is not.[/quote:27kls7ha]

I would argue Cronk is twice as important as Inglis is to the Storm. Cronk is not far off Thurston as the best 7 in the game. Probally a lot more consistant at the moment[/quote:27kls7ha]

I agree but once again players like Inglis are very very rare.[/quote:27kls7ha]

I can't help but feel like you're putting Inglis on a bit of a pedestal.

I would take Cronk over him tbh.

But so are players like Cronk...
How hard is it find to a good halfback these days, actually ask NSW, they'll tell you.

A halfback is much more important to a team than a centre. They would be very stupid to let Cronk go who is probably the most consistent halfback in the game and second or third best on talent. They could live without Slater or Inglis(Inglis would replace Slater at 1 or some rooker will just replace Inglis) but replacing Cronk would be very difficult.

Scotty said:
Bucking Beads said:
Donny said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":rdul6g94][quote="The Rock":rdul6g94][quote="Bucking Beads":rdul6g94][quote="sydney_bronco09":rdul6g94]matty johns show just reported that greg inglis likely to stay in melbourne. wtf is going on?

A bit LOLZ to them if they are keeping Inglis over Cronk. Why would you do that?

It is LOLZ but it wouldn't surprise me because Inglis is a once in a generation player whilst Cronk is not.[/quote:rdul6g94]

I would argue Cronk is twice as important as Inglis is to the Storm. Cronk is not far off Thurston as the best 7 in the game. Probally a lot more consistant at the moment[/quote:rdul6g94]

I agree but once again players like Inglis are very very rare.[/quote:rdul6g94]

I would take Cronk over him tbh.[/quote:rdul6g94]

Well he is as a player but Cronk would be better for our team and about 14 other clubs in the comp than Inglis.

Scotty said:
Bucking Beads said:
Donny said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":3gt8viw9][quote="The Rock":3gt8viw9][quote="Bucking Beads":3gt8viw9][quote="sydney_bronco09":3gt8viw9]matty johns show just reported that greg inglis likely to stay in melbourne. wtf is going on?

A bit LOLZ to them if they are keeping Inglis over Cronk. Why would you do that?

It is LOLZ but it wouldn't surprise me because Inglis is a once in a generation player whilst Cronk is not.[/quote:3gt8viw9]

I would argue Cronk is twice as important as Inglis is to the Storm. Cronk is not far off Thurston as the best 7 in the game. Probally a lot more consistant at the moment[/quote:3gt8viw9]

I agree but once again players like Inglis are very very rare.[/quote:3gt8viw9]

I would take Cronk over him tbh.[/quote:3gt8viw9]
+1
Cronk could lead us for the next 5 years easily, Inglis while awesome to have won't be someone who will lead the team. If they do let Cronk go I wouldn't mind us signing him. I rate Wallace but Cronk is easily a level above.

Maybe Russ got to him. Afterall, he might fancy acting as a career after football !! Whatevers offered it won't change the facts about his girlfriends new place of work and his desire to be near. Doubt we'd go after Cronk any harder than we've done with Inglis. Either would be good for the club though.

+1
Cronk could lead us for the next 5 years easily, Inglis while awesome to have won't be someone who will lead the team. If they do let Cronk go I wouldn't mind us signing him. I rate Wallace but Cronk is easily a level above.

It would be interesting to see how Cronk would go getting dummy half service from McCullough/Hunt rather then Cameron Smith.

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • bb_gun
  • MrRobot
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.