Greg Inglis signing thread.

Anonymous person said:
well really, when aeetee etc all said it was a done deal, it obviously wasnt a done deal. if it was a done deal, why did we just up our offer?

while yes, the outcome is the same as what tee etc said, their sources werent exactly correct about the when or how.

Hah thanks for your support dude, but I think it is better not to dig myself a hole that is any deeper...and I am in no position to argue the minor details really [icon_lol1.

So yeah while it probably wasn't a 'done deal' as such at the time it was mentioned a few weeks ago, no doubt Aeetee and Raw Boned Youngster, among others, did have actual information a deal was imminent and GI wanted to sign with us..so yeah, all turned out for the best in the long run!

I'm with ALH, put him in competition with the young guys coming through and see if he's good enough, otherwise go for Gagai .. He can Kick a goal too if I remember correctly.

Anonymous person said:
well really, when aeetee etc all said it was a done deal, it obviously wasnt a done deal. if it was a done deal, why did we just up our offer?

while yes, the outcome is the same as what tee etc said, their sources werent exactly correct about the when or how.

Yep. My source was wrong. Plain and simple.

enjoy him, he comes back 10kg heavier every pre season, is lazy and turns up to play hard for club fixtures every 5 games, and you'll lose him to another 4 rep games each year, issy was heaps better, im glad the storm arn't footing his ridiculous wage anymore.

1999 said:
enjoy him, he comes back 10kg heavier every pre season, is lazy and turns up to play hard for club fixtures every 5 games, and you'll lose him to another 4 rep games each year, issy was heaps better, im glad the storm arn't footing his ridiculous wage anymore.

They are still paying a good chunk of them [icon_razz1

Foordy said:
1999 said:

They are still paying a good chunk of them [icon_razz1
icon_thumbs_u

1999 said:

Thanks Craig.

1999 said:

Awwww someone's all bitter because all of that joy and happiness over the years has been destroyed and turned into absolutely nothing because their club was full of cheaters.

Awwwwwww

1999 said:
You'll see what i mean next year.

yeh, coz us rugby league fanatics have no idea on Inglis's form - its not like we watch footy or anything

nobody gives a crap what storm supporters think or say anyway

I dunno. I think 1999's echoing my concerns with Inglis. He's certainly "bulked up" a lot this year and I don't think his form has been nearly as good as it has been previous seasons.

I do hope the Broncos hit him with fat camp this offseason. He might have Hodgo there with him (Hodgo's no stranger to Broncos fat camp).

Coxy said:
I dunno. I think 1999's echoing my concerns with Inglis. He's certainly "bulked up" a lot this year and I don't think his form has been nearly as good as it has been previous seasons.

I do hope the Broncos hit him with fat camp this offseason. He might have Hodgo there with him (Hodgo's no stranger to Broncos fat camp).

He did have the groin injury and no pre-season this year; that being said, he could probably lay off the pies. I hope Justin's work-ethic doesn't rub off on him too much

Yeah, don't get me wrong, he's a very exciting signing. I just want to see him deliver on his potential and I think he needs to work hard on his fitness to achieve that.

Hopefully a fresh club will give him a new determination to prove himself.

Lets clear somethings up. Imo it was a done deal when i started this thread. Maybe not a signed deal but a done deal so to speak. As far as i know the whole time the contract was being finalised making sure the cap wasn't broken and other players money wasn't dipped into. GIs original offer was always going to end up a little higher at the end of the day. It was either a good 3rd party sponsor or the marque payment.

As for the Titians and Bunnies offer, well they where never gunna make him change his mind unless it was a **** load of money. And like you wouldn't knock back a free flight to the goldie or a free dinner witha movie star.

And as for Melbourne the only thing they had was hope. On the week end when they said what they did, was only because the auditors said that there was no reason they could keep the 4. So they thought YES hes can stay. Well no he can't because he had already done the deal to come to Brisbane.

Tgis whole thing has been a soap opera and a well drawn out one.

Active Now

• ezpz
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • HarryAllan7
  • Gaz
  • phoenix
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rookie Alan
  • Skyblues87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • broncs30
  • RolledOates
  • broncotville
... and 53 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.