Greg Inglis signing thread.

Foordy said:
langer77 said:
go webbie just served paul kent on the matty johns show

what did he say?

Blocker- Competition should be more even. So GI should have gone to a weaker side. Make the Weak Stronger instead of the Stronger Stronger he said.

Kent - Broncos are cheating the cap, doesn't think Lockyer is truly on 250k a year.

Webcke - Doesn't think that the Broncos are cheating the cap, said he would bet everything he owned that they weren't cheating.

Also I'm pretty sure it was a Gee up, but I thought there was a littler inner hatred towards Stevens from Webcke

Big Pete said:
Webcke was about to hulk up on Kent.

I loved how Webbie with just a wave of his hand told Roach to leave his insignificant opinion to himself while he handled with the troll in the corner.

CC should go for 30 mins

langer77 said:
paul kent is a wanker

Don't read much Sydney print media apart from the Sunday stuff but does Paul Knut actually deliver anything apart from grubby, ignorant, attention seeking filth ?

There seems to be this blind belief down south that the Broncos are ADDING Greg Inglis to the squad they currently have. Nobody wants to know about the fact that this deal is basically a straight swap for the departing Israel Folau.

And then there's the small matter of Hunt, Clinton, Simms, Marsh, just to name a few, who've recently left or will be gone at the end of this season.

It's completely infuriating to read and listen to some of this crap flying around at the moment.

I also love how all the sydney media keep throwing mud at the thoroughbreds.....the cowboys have a similar group called the stockmen...yet we hear nothing about them!

Bull_Shark said:
langer77 said:
paul kent is a wanker

Don't read much Sydney print media apart from the Sunday stuff but does Paul Knut actually deliver anything apart from grubby, ignorant, attention seeking filth ?

There seems to be this blind belief down south that the Broncos are ADDING Greg Inglis to the squad they currently have. Nobody wants to know about the fact that this deal is basically a straight swap for the departing Israel Folau.

And then there's the small matter of Hunt, Clinton, Simms, Marsh, just to name a few, who've recently left or will be gone at the end of this season.

It's completely infuriating to read and listen to some of this crap flying around at the moment.

oh that Phil Rothfield is a wanker as well

langer77 said:
Bull_Shark said:
langer77 said:
paul kent is a wanker

oh that Phil Rothfield is a wanker as well
He loves the Sharks and tipped them to make the 8 at the start of the year. Say no more - he has no idea. :roll:

Excuse my ignorance but WTF is thoroughbreds, who is Paul K.U.N.T referring to?

God the telecrap and their jounros are the biggest bunch of twats I have ever seen. I wish Webcke decked the idiot there and then, would have made my day to see his smug, arrogant face bruised and battered.

What an absolute load of shit this whole saga is, I really hope that paulie kent and his shitty waste of space/storage news paper get there arses sued.

broncospwn said:
Excuse my ignorance but WTF is thoroughbreds, who is Paul K.U.N.T referring to?

God the telecrap and their jounros are the biggest bunch of twats I have ever seen. I wish Webcke decked the idiot there and then, would have made my day to see his smug, arrogant face bruised and battered.

What an absolute load of shit this whole saga is, I really hope that paulie kent and his shitty waste of space/storage news paper get there arses sued.

hell yes

broncospwn - Thoroughbreds have had a lot to do with the Broncos over the years (Talbot, Nuttall etc). From what I understand (not a great deal [icon_lol1. ) Part of what they do is help the Broncos to prepare for life after football, and often would involve players and coaches getting a bit of cash sent their way which raises a few eyebrows. I remember a few years ago they shouted some Broncos players in a share in a racehorse (which ended up dying during a race) which had some Sydney journo suggesting we are over the cap.

The media is going nuts about this, no logic at all, taking into consideration the losses vs gains for next year & the losses we had the previous year that may have been back ended contracts planned. But the main thing they need to remember is that both Hannant & Inglis wanted to the Broncos. It was a lifestyle choice for them first before money, which is why they would have accepted less then playing elsewhere. All this Broncos hate comes down to jealousy.

Paul Kent was just rude, imo questioning the integrity of Darren Lockyer and the Broncos. Isn't there some sort of concessions for him for long service etc?

Thanks for the explanation Jeb! He dead set used that term about 10 times the shithead, or should I say shitbred.
He directly on national TV said we are cheating the cap and didn't just say it, he went on and on about it while Webcke looked like he wanted a dart to go straight through his head.

Firstly he makes an allegation that we are cheating, actually he says there is no way that we are not cheating which is even more insulting. He then says Lockyer is getting 250k. How The Fark Does He Know. Last I checked player contracts were not public information and as if that dud of a journo would be given any inside information, probably just read it on LU and took it as fact. Secondly he is insulting the integrity of The Greatest One, how dare he insult Lockyer the AUS/QLD/Broncos captain, one of the most respected men in the game and insinuate that his dealings with the Broncos are underhanded. Last but not least he is ugly, annoying and more arrogant than Hayne.

Paul Kent is the biggest tool in the shed. I was waiting for Webby to reach over and throttle him. I think, and this is only speculation, that he was only referring to Lockyer's salary that is directly related to the salary cap and doesn't include third party deals.
Bruno - to his credit, has come out since the signing and said how many third party deals they have at the moment. We all know, that ALL of these deals would have been scrutinised by Ian Schubert and the salary cap team. Like Webby said, if you were running a salary cap scam, would you really pick one of the highest profile players from a team that has just been done for rorting?
I hope that Brisbane come out with a threat of legal action against Kent, what he said was defamatory. I also hope that Paul Kent is hauled over the coals by his employer today (NEWS LIMITED).
The Sydney Rugby League media is a pack of wankers, led by Paul Kent and Danny Weidler. All these two muppets do is muck rake and spread crap around.
On a side note to this, did anyone see the footy show last night? They were a lot more careful in their discussion about the whole situation.
Well there is my two cents worth... icon_smile

What I love is how the Broncos have been in discussions with Inglis for weeks, the deal has been out there and known about for that whole time, and none of these cap questions were asked.

It only happens when it finally happened!

The fact that we have repeatedly said we would not budge from our original offer might suggest we have fark all cap space left and that we are more than aware of what limits we need to stick to in order to get Greg and stay under the cap. The Broncos have been running a fine line for the majority of the time they have been under a cap system and we have NEVER been caught for a serious breach. People take less money to stay in Brisbane that is a fact and it costs less to live here than it does Sydney, I think the Sydney media really need to consider those things before they just jump down the cap rorting accusation road. I would love it if we sued Paul Kent it would be hilarious!

i am happy hate the broncos again like the good old days

remember when we got tallis that was gold

When the proposed Super League competition was put on hold in 1995, Tallis offered to buy out the final year of his contract with St George in order to join the Broncos. The Dragons declined the offer however, and subsequent court action held him to his original contract. Having already signed a Super League contract to play with Brisbane, the fiery North Queenslander caused controversy when he was the only player who chose to sit out the 1996 season rather than play a final year with St George

The Rock said:
Sydney clubs are just jealous of our club because they don't have the potential to get as many 3rd party deals as one-city teams like Brisbane do. They are jealous because our club has been the best run club since....forever. They're jealous because our club is an attractive place to go. We attract all sorts of talent.

It's purely jealously.

What would have happened if Souths got Inglis? They would have had heaps of players on big money. Inglis, Burgess, Asotasi, Taylor, Merritt, Wesser...that's probably about 1.8M right there amongst 6 players yet the Sydney media wouldn't say SHIT if Souths signed Inglis, in fact they would be hailing Souths as premiership favourites for 2011 and they'd congratulating Souths on their recent success!! :roll:

hit the nail on the head

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.