"Griffin has lost the locker room" - Mark Geyer

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
A side used to success - they've won six premierships since 1988 - the Broncos are floundering. Triple M's Gorden Tallis said it was time to put ex-Broncos player and current Storm assistant coach Kevin Walters in.
MG can't see Anthony Griffin lasting the year.
"As they say in sport he's lost the dressing room. There looks like there are some factions, a couple of the players are unhappy. Corey Norman, as soon as he signed with Parramatta, well he's in the same boat as Jamie Soward. He doesn't want to be there," said MG.

Four NRL Coaches Under Pressure At Brisbane Broncos, North Queensland Cowboys, St George Illawarra Dragons And Gold Coast Titans | Triple M NRL

Obviously I can't vouch for the credibility of Triple M, but these guys are more inside than any of us ever will be. If Hook has indeed lost the dressing room, and cliques are forming and Norman is there destabilizing our squad with his laziness, something has got to give soon. Maybe even after we lose to the Sharks.

At least we aren't the only ones noticing that Norman clearly is playing at 75% effort

I think MG is drawing a very long bow linking Norman's form to his Parramatta signing. He's never looked like he wanted to be there.

I don't think he has lost the players. Players have been having a crack.

They certainly don't come across as a team who don't respect their coach. We saw what they were like under Henjak when that happened. It's different. You can certainly see Norman is a bull bag and not interested. He's a gutless little ****. Why he's not dropped is simple, there is no one to fill in. But honestly, just get some young no body and put him there, can't be worse.

We are still seeing the players put in their all. They're just lacking a go to guy to finish the sets, and make something of the work our forwards are doing.

Quote from Master and Commander:

It's leadership they want, strength.

Now, you find that within yourself, and you will earn their respect.

Without respect, true discipline goes by the board.

I think MG is drawing a very long bow linking Norman's form to his Parramatta signing. He's never looked like he wanted to be there.

Which just shows his character IMO. He's not a horrible FB when he's getting stuck into it. If anything, a few weeks ago I would have had him stay there if he wasn't running away. He's certainly not a 5/8, and I don't think he ever will be one.

DROP NORMAN AND MARANTA.

Seriously, it's not entirely Norman's fault we are in this predicament but he's one very simple and deserving cut from this team.

There is no benefit in leaving his poison in this team any longer.

He's still got the room ... just.

I think the players know there is a better game plan in there somewhere, that's why we see the little tip-ons and such every now and then.

I think Hook needs to let the team off the 'leash' and see what happens.

Meh, its an easy comment to make by someone like MG who i doubt is close to the playing group, it purely stems from our results. Sounds like an opinion rather than fact.

I dont think effort is the problem from most of the squad, bigger problem is belief, confidence and talent in key positions including the coaching staff.

I'm over the Norman debate, there is no point keeping him at fullback but there is no stand out replacement either. Lets face it, the season is done, i wouldnt want to throw someone like Kahu at fullback and have him molested by Wade Graham this weekend and be a basket case for the rest of his career. Would prefer to start a fresh next season.

Maranta on the other hand is low hanging fruit, pick anyone on the wing other and at least show we are not tolerating shit house performances.

I've made my thoughts known on this a couple of times already - there's no doubt in my mind he's "lost" the group .. the clincher for me was the warriors result from a few weeks ago. When a coach throws a hand grenade into his squad like that (ie the positional changes) he's looking for a big statement .. the only statement that night was "**** you coach" ... And if anyone had any doubts about that message, it was practically engraved a week later when they went down to Canberra and instead of producing the pride-fuelled bounce-back like most teams do the week after embarrassment, they trailed 24-nil midway through the first half ...

this may not be a premiership-calibre squad, but its capable of a lot better than we're seeing this year.

At the end of the day, this simply wouldn't be happening under a Craig Bellamy or a coach of similar class.

No one knows if Bellamy is a decent coach or not. Mod EDIT: Baiting, the simple truth is, he's had a team that coaches dream of having. Illegal teams, and star studded teams.

Just like Bennett had when he became "the greatest coach" on the planet.

Bellamy hasn't proven a thing about his true coaching ability.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way they have played the last 3 weeks is not akin to a player's group that has lost faith or the will to perform for their coach. Like Financeguy said, belief and confidence are important, besides some extra talent. I'd start with a real winger next to Hodgo...

I think it's immaterial whether Hook has lost the players. What's plainly obvious is that he has no ideas on what to do to arrest the slide, and for that reason he should be shown the door.

No one knows if Bellamy is a decent coach or not. Mod Edit: Baiting the simple truth is, he's had a team that coaches dream of having. Illegal teams, and star studded teams.

I would disagree with this statement simply because i have seen him pull off wins with teams of no name players so he has that ability to get them to lift above there talent at that point in time.
He proved to me he could coach when he got the Baby Broncos to a win over the Tigers, a win i don't think Bennett could have got

No one knows if Bellamy is a decent coach or not. Mod Edit: Baiting, the simple truth is, he's had a team that coaches dream of having. Illegal teams, and star studded teams.

that is an absolutely crazy thing to say imo. Look at Melbourne's incredible winning record over the past few years (if you don't want to delve beyond that into the cap rorting days). Look at the metronomic way in which they play with such precision and intensity week after week after bloody week. Look at the way melbourne just absorbs bit-part journeymen into their squad and makes them integral parts of winning football teams.

I mean, what AREN'T you seeing here ??

Active Now

• Stix
  • Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • Broncosgirl
  • Redux
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ondi
  • Tim K
  • bb_gun
  • heartly87
  • Galah
  • Midean
  • levikaden
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Inknition
  • Dash
  • Fozz
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.