Haas - Off Field Dramas

Just showing again that some people don't understand how HR operates.

Oh ok, that makes even less sense to why they were involved in the first place, they should of let the cops do their job and they should of been more understanding that it was a family matter and that he would prefer not to disclose personal information. What is done, is done I guess

makes perfect sense actually ...

at least one of the incidents happened at a rugby league match, and the NRL have jurisdiction over every match of rugby league played in this country.

the NRL investigation over what happened is completely separate from the criminal investigation conducted by the police.

as to the penalties issued to Haas, the thing is that he signed a contract (for big money as well), by signing the contract he agreed to certain terms and conditions, including abiding by the code of conduct and club values of the Brisbane Broncos. Haas' family put him between a rock and a hard place, and he had to make a decision between family loyalty and abiding by the terms of his contract, either way he would have to live with the consequences of his actions.

while we can all be sympathetic with his plight (I'm certain that this includes the club), the club simply couldn't ignore the fact that he had breeched a basic condition of his employment, and if you let the small infractions slide, it won't be long before the player starts committing bigger and bigger infractions (there have been a several examples of this).

once the infractions get too big, the club will have no other alternative but to terminate his contract, then allowing a club like the rorters come in and sign him for a fraction of his value, meaning all the clubs hard work in developing him is for naught ... and we can't allow that to happen

makes perfect sense actually ...

at least one of the incidents happened at a rugby league match, and the NRL have jurisdiction over every match of rugby league played in this country.

the NRL investigation over what happened is completely separate from the criminal investigation conducted by the police.

as to the penalties issued to Haas, the thing is that he signed a contract (for big money as well), by signing the contract he agreed to certain terms and conditions, including abiding by the code of conduct and club values of the Brisbane Broncos. Haas' family put him between a rock and a hard place, and he had to make a decision between family loyalty and abiding by the terms of his contract, either way he would have to live with the consequences of his actions.

while we can all be sympathetic with his plight (I'm certain that this includes the club), the club simply couldn't ignore the fact that he had breeched a basic condition of his employment, and if you let the small infractions slide, it won't be long before the player starts committing bigger and bigger infractions (there have been a several examples of this).

once the infractions get too big, the club will have no other alternative but to terminate his contract, then allowing a club like the rorters come in and sign him for a fraction of his value, meaning all the clubs hard work in developing him is for naught ... and we can't allow that to happen

What is an adequate punishment for the more recent indiscretion?

Considering of course, the last punishment

Last edited:
What is an adequate punishment for the more recent indiscretion?

Considering of course, the last punishment

I thought you were no longer posting in this thread ...

but since you asked ... since the last punishment didn't teach him a lesson, then maybe you were right and he should get double

but since you asked ... since the last punishment didn't teach him a lesson, then maybe you were right and he should get double

I did say that, lol that’s correct.

Forget about Payne

Ohhhh.....fucken seriously!!!

WTF Mr Wolf !!! I'm hanging out for "the Payne"....get him on the fucken field!!

That's the problem (well, one of)...he's not playing. He needs to know he's working hard for something every weekend.

**** it ....the big dumb arse needs a fucken smack around the head........I'm in the car Wolfie

Where's he live!!

He needs to pull his head in and stop getting involved in 'family fights', start co-operating with the NRL integrity unit and stop getting pinched for driving unlicenced, OR he is going to find his NRL career VERY short lived, regardless of his 'hype'...

He needs to pull his head in and stop getting involved in 'family fights', start co-operating with the NRL integrity unit and stop getting pinched for driving unlicenced, OR he is going to find his NRL career VERY short lived, regardless of his 'hype'...

nah ... He'll just need to go to a club run by broncsgoat, so he can get himself a raise

Because it happened at a footy game and it involved the family of a registered player while that player was with them. Why would they just ignore that?

When your workplace conducts an investigation, your family code does not matter in the slightest. You are expected to cooperate.

Because it didn’t involve the registered player? When it comes to personal issues such as family matters the workplace should have some understanding. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to go into work telling everyone about family dramas ect, what consequence has it had on the NRL by him not cooperating in the investigation? None.

Because it didn’t involve the registered player? When it comes to personal issues such as family matters the workplace should have some understanding. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to go into work telling everyone about family dramas ect, what consequence has it had on the NRL by him not cooperating in the investigation? None.
My understanding of the complaint that led to him being interviewed by the police was that there was an allegation that he was involved and pushed the female to the ground. If the same complaint was made to the club and/or the Integrity Unit, you would understand why they wanted to interview him.

Well his big bucks "character" so far has just landed himself a court appearance, in which he couldn't even wear (borrow/rent/ebay/kmart/purchase) appropriate shoes to respect the court. This to me shows character alright.

Who cares what he wore to court. He was probably there for all of 3 minutes. This was actually great journalism, now I wanna see these shoes. The journo has to do a follow-up story.

Well his big bucks "character" so far has just landed himself a court appearance, in which he couldn't even wear (borrow/rent/ebay/kmart/purchase) appropriate shoes to respect the court. This to me shows character alright.

It’s a dark day when you judge ones character by what shoes they wear.

Does he still get paid whilst being suspended?

nah ... He'll just need to go to a club run by broncsgoat, so he can get himself a raise

Must be nice all the way up there, where you live mate. Never made a mistake. Must be nice.

So your logic is that since the last tactic didn’t work let’s double it.
No one is saying he shouldn’t have been punished before but plenty of people thought it was extreme and now it hasn’t even worked. Of course he needs to be punished again for this latest infraction but the suspension should be short and there should be more emphasis on other ways of getting the message through to him.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Brocko
  • Lurker
  • Allo
  • barker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • Galah
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • NYCDB
  • Nerd
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.