Haas - Off Field Dramas

C'mon mate. It's not that hard to do the right thing and abide by some pretty simple laws.

Sure it is, it’s the holier than thou fucking attitude that’s making me angry.

Because it didn’t involve the registered player? When it comes to personal issues such as family matters the workplace should have some understanding. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to go into work telling everyone about family dramas ect, what consequence has it had on the NRL by him not cooperating in the investigation? None.

HR wouldn't have asked him to dob on his Mum. They would have asked what happened. They would have wanted to make sure their player wasn't involved, didn't do anything illegal, didn't break any contract / NRL rules, and didn't bring the game into disrepute.

There is no excuse for not talking to your HR department. In most aspects of life, if you say no to that, you are fired. No two ways about it.

IMO the 20k & 4 weeks was extremely harsh. I can't hate on Haas for doing what he did...
He's morally & more importantly, he's 'culturally' bound to back his family.
I like that.

At the same time, Im glad the club was so heavy handed. It sets a very high standard/expectation for the sport as a whole. ie Broncos leading the way.
I like that too.

Now, driving unlicensed on a 3 million dollar contract (especially when you're already in the shit) is just plain fucking stupid. Stupid!
Get a fucking cab FFS!

Several weeks playing cup & some serious mentoring IMO.
Maybe a 'Im a dick head' sticker on his back at training lol

Still making out like it's a police investigation.

It's only because you don't have the capacity to understand how HR in corporate works, because you're not in corporate.

You don’t have the capacity to understand it shouldn’t have been a hr incident in the first place.

You don’t have the capacity to understand it shouldn’t have been a hr incident in the first place.

No, that's not right. If I am not at work, and I get up to something that may have dragged my company name through the mud, absolutely it is a HR issue. That's the problem, the more you type, the more it becomes obvious that you have never had anything to do with HR.

No, that's not right. If I am not at work, and I get up to something that may have dragged my company name through the mud, absolutely it is a HR issue. That's the problem, the more you type, the more it becomes obvious that you have never had anything to do with HR.

The more you type, the more it sounds like you have I(heart)HR on your left buttock.

It was determined Payne didn’t do anything wrong, that’s where it should have ended.

The more you type, the more it sounds like you have I(heart)HR on your left buttock.

It was determined Payne didn’t do anything wrong, that’s where it should have ended.

Just because I know how HR works, doesn't mean I love HR, what a stupid thing to say in defence of you being told you are wrong.

Payne may well have done nothing illegal. It doesn't mean he hasn't violated his work contract with the NRL. That's where HR's job comes in. They then investigate their employee to make sure he has done nothing wrong by their standards, and by the terms of his contract.

By not speaking to them, he is denying his employer to do an investigation. Maybe 4 weeks is harsh, maybe he was a scapegoat, maybe it was because of the shit off-season, it doesn't matter. Refusing that interview is a big deal, and he had to be punished for it. Like I said, if he was an employee in corporate, he likely wouldn't have a job if he pulled that.

Just because I know how HR works, doesn't mean I love HR, what a stupid thing to say in defence of you being told you are wrong.

Payne may well have done nothing illegal. It doesn't mean he hasn't violated his work contract with the NRL. That's where HR's job comes in. They then investigate their employee to make sure he has done nothing wrong by their standards, and by the terms of his contract.

By not speaking to them, he is denying his employer to do an investigation. Maybe 4 weeks is harsh, maybe he was a scapegoat, maybe it was because of the shit off-season, it doesn't matter. Refusing that interview is a big deal, and he had to be punished for it. Like I said, if he was an employee in corporate, he likely wouldn't have a job if he pulled that.

What’s an adequate punishment now that he’s actually done something truly wrong?

What’s more damaging from a HR perspective? Not divulging the events around an event you were found to have no wrong doing in, or driving unlicensed on your phone.

Last edited:
You believe that's bad but there's a post a couple further back where the poster writes "I'm not talking about players MINDERING younger players" !! I mean, it's not even a word and truthfully I don't even know what he's trying to convey with it.

I've quite obviously over estimated your level of intelligence.

When under the influence, I operate on a higher playing field than most and when I feel a common word needs an adjustment to suit my intended purpose, I certainly don't let the mere boundaries of the Oxford dictionary stand in the way.

Eagles fly....turkeys walk.

What’s an adequate punishment now that he’s actually done something truly wrong?

What’s more damaging from a HR perspective? Not divulging the events around an event you were found to have no wrong doing in, or driving unlicensed on your phone.

Absolutely the driving charge. It should also be treated far more severely since it's the second incident involving him this year.

Absolutely the driving charge. It should also be treated far more severely since it's the second incident involving him this year.

If we don’t suspend him for longer than 4 weeks, it just proves we were taking the piss first time round. We will see.

When under the influence, I operate on a higher playing field than most and when I feel a common word needs an adjustment to suit my intended purpose, I certainly don't let the mere boundaries of the Oxford dictionary stand in the way.

The failure is yours alone then. The purpose of the written word is to convey meaning. If the reader cannot know that which is intended then the turkey has gobbled. I didn't identify you as the gobbler.

Fine him, move on. People in workplaces do this stuff all the time and they won’t be suspended from their jobs for it.

The English language continues to evolve, we only settled on an alaphbet just over 100 years ago.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Fozz
  • Scorchie
  • Broncorob
  • Stix
  • mieko
  • Brocko
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • Maddy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • Painin the Haas
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.