Haas - Off Field Dramas

Guys....maybe, just maybe, the club knew he was making some dumb decisions and decided to use the family incident to throw the hammer down to give him a rocket before he did any thing REALLY stupid.....hmmmm

To all the people here who think him showing up to court in his white shoes is fine, you’re all either too young or just a bunch of crackheads.

Lets not lose sight of why he was going to court in the first place. We all agree he did a dumb and stupid thing, he broke the law and as such was required to attend. Dressing up appropriately is an act of respect and more importantly a show of remorse.

Showing respect for the court is not hard and the fact that he couldn’t care less about what he was wearing is probably an indication of where he’s at from a maturity level.

Obviously his parents, given their recent track record were zero help, but the broncos as a club (I’m just guessing here, as they may have) should have given him a list of what to/not to wear. If they did and he choose not to comply, than he deserves everything coming to him.

To all the people here who think him showing up to court in his white shoes is fine, you’re all either too young or just a bunch of crackheads.

Lets not lose sight of why he was going to court in the first place. We all agree he did a dumb and stupid thing, he broke the law and as such was required to attend. Dressing up appropriately is an act of respect and more importantly a show of remorse.

Showing respect for the court is not hard and the fact that he couldn’t care less about what he was wearing is probably an indication of where he’s at from a maturity level.

Obviously his parents, given their recent track record were zero help, but the broncos as a club (I’m just guessing here, as they may have) should have given him a list of what to/not to wear. If they did and he choose not to comply, than he deserves everything coming to him.

Have you ever even been to court? It makes literally no difference what you wear. Nobody gives a shit, most people just wear their thongs and shorts and T-shirt. I doubt he was even in the courtroom for anymore than 5 minutes. What he wore was entirely appropriate for the charges he was facing.

Come on mate. dismissing someone because of their age or calling them a crack head because they have a different view on courtroom dress code is a bit to far. At the end of the day he’s a big boy and is capable of choosing what shoes he wears for the day. I highly doubt the judge would care, it would of only been a magistrate court not a district or supreme.

Have you ever even been to court? It makes literally no difference what you wear. Nobody gives a shit, most people just wear their thongs and shorts and T-shirt. I doubt he was even in the courtroom for anymore than 5 minutes. What he wore was entirely appropriate for the charges he was facing.

Nobody here would have been to court. Everyone is beyond reproach.

I disagree.......given a 50/50 call, if you're dressed appropriately/smartly, the judge/court is going to lean towards you more than the guy who's in thongs and a singlet.

To put it in context though; most people also aren’t representing the Brisbane Broncos and being paid $500,000 per year to do so.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall of the Broncos boardroom when they’re discussing this latest indiscretion - I bet they’re none too pleased.

I disagree.......given a 50/50 call, if you're dressed appropriately/smartly, the judge/court is going to lean towards you more than the guy who's in thongs and a singlet.

Great, so by wearing jeans, t-shirt, and a lovely pair of white shoes Payne was probably in the upper tier of how people dressed for the court that day. What's the problem?

To put it in context though; most people also aren’t representing the Brisbane Broncos and being paid $500,000 per year to do so.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall of the Broncos boardroom when they’re discussing this latest indiscretion - I bet they’re none too pleased.

Absolutely they would be pissed. Considering the nature of the charges what should he have worn as opposed to what he did wear? Anyone got pics of what he wore? I only saw a news report and he appeared to dress very respectfully. I don't understand what all the fuss is.

Great, so by wearing jeans, t-shirt, and a lovely pair of white shoes Payne was probably in the upper tier of how people dressed for the court that day. What's the problem?

Completely missing the point - he just got nailed for driving without a license and on the phone!! It is a criminal charge driving unlicensed due to no insurance etc.

A standard is not relevant to anyone else, its it relevant to the message you are trying to send/achieve. Adjourned, guilt plea or not when in front of a court, you dress how you want to be treated. Courts deal with people every single day from all walks of life. They are not stupid and would be aware of who Payne is, and like any court room, will be judged based on an individual circumstances. His $800,000 PA circumstances allow him to represent himself properly.

Last edited:
Completely missing the point - he just got nailed for driving without a license and on the phone!! It is a criminal charge driving unlicensed due to no insurance etc.

A standard is not relevant to anyone else, its it relevant to the message you are trying to send/achieve. Adjourned, guilt plea or not when in front of a court, you dress how you want to be treated. Courts deal with people every single day from all walks of life. They are not stupid and would be aware of who Payne is, and like any court room, will be judged based on an individual circumstances. His $800,000 PA circumstances allow him to represent himself properly.

It's a fucking magistrate's court for a very, very brief appearance concerning a very, very minor matter. He wore shoes,what else does everyone want?

It's a fucking magistrate's court for a very, very brief appearance concerning a very, very minor matter. He wore shoes,what else does everyone want?

Very very minor matter......What is a major matter for you?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji88]

Why do we keep comparing him/other NRL superstars to the everyday person? The everyday person wouldn’t make it in the local paper let alone national tv

Surely these athletes have to held to a greater/higher standard. They are not you’re everyday blue or white collar Joe Blow.

These are professional athletes paid a great deal to represent their team, club, organisation and sponsors.

When you commit a crime as a celebrity you’re expected to be in the limelight, it’s a given. The least you can do when confronting the situation aka showing up in court knowing the media will be present to scrutinise everything you do, is to show some respect and dress accordingly.

Surely when you’re embarrassing the Club, Sponsors and Brand etc that’s not to much to ask for.

Active Now

• Galah
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • barker
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.