Haas - Off Field Dramas

about the dress thing...I'm at court most weeks 3/5 days... there is a very clear perspective that the worse u dress the more leniency is handed down...being respectful and dressing appropriately has no bearing in most hearings these days...20 years ago...for sure...now not so much

that MAY be the case when you're hearing a case with low income earners ... it definitely would not be the case with a guy know to earn big money

This. You need to look the part. Whatever the rules say, it's a formal event, and you should make yourself presentable, not for those who see you either, but for yourself.

I don't think anyone would get all defensive if it was someone bagging out a lawyer who showed up in shorts and white basketball shoes.
I don’t have anything to add except I remember when @Nashy and @Kimlo were but mere young dumb’uns themselves...and look how grown up and wise they are now! I’m so proud. Hopefully these young broncos can mature as well as these 2 bhq’ers!

Doesnt' feel like our season is really starting till Haas is back.

How you dress shows how seriously you take the matter, and yeah it's only the Magistrates so it's not a huge deal, but I'm going to small claims court soon and I'll be wearing my 3 piece suit and freshly polished shoes FFS

And yeah I'm 50yo, and age is probably a factor

I worry about the young ones (now I really sound like an old timer!)

That's it. Impressions count, especially when you have a profile and whether you like it or not, you ARE representing the high profile organisation that employs you...

Obvious attitude problems, that hopefully can be corrected very quickly.

I don’t have anything to add except I remember when @Nashy and @Kimlo were but mere young dumb’uns themselves...and look how grown up and wise they are now! I’m so proud. Hopefully these young broncos can mature as well as these 2 bhq’ers!

I remember when @Kimlo joined up... oh my god. Literally every thread was 'Last reply by Kimlo' and it was responses like 'yeh u r right m8 how gud is aaron gorrell'.

Love ya @Kimlo. ;)

I remember when @Kimlo joined up... oh my god. Literally every thread was 'Last reply by Kimlo' and it was responses like 'yeh u r right m8 how gud is aaron gorrell'.

Love ya @Kimlo. ;)
Haha, Kimlo got permanently banned for his contributions to BHQ, that was like 16 year old me and I'll have you know Aaron Gorrell is one of the GOATs. Would swap for Macca.

Haha, Kimlo got permanently banned for his contributions to BHQ, that was like 16 year old me and I'll have you know Aaron Gorrell is one of the GOATs. Would swap for Macca.

Seriously? Who wouldn’t do that swap?

I went in support of a friend, first thing I told him was to get completely suited up. It's not about whether it matters, it's about the perception. Just showing up completely formal would mean the judge is immediately going to take you as being more remorseful, I told him to at no stage argue and simply acknowledge and accept he made an error of judgement.

Prosecutor argued for an impound and extended suspension, judge let him off with a warning.

I can't say if any of it mattered but at least looking the part is important. It's kind of like rocking up for an interview, sure you come in with a singlet but looking serious will help the cause.
I’ve found the exact same thing to be true, I’ve been twice over minor things and everyone else is dressed a little too casually and getting themselves ass blasted where I’ve received a warning or a very reduced punishment for just being a bit more formal.

In a nut shell the court will make a determination, hand out its punishment more then likely a driving ban, fine and loss of points. Broncos will then penalise him in some form or other that will be reviewed by the NRL to see if it is sufficient. At the end of the day he’s been a silly boy.

this habit of people making so much sense with their posts is very encouraging.. to me anyways..... this dudes 19 yo in body of prime 28 yo...do wrong...take punishment that comes with it ...but only if its fair and consistent with others. Some here making out its good to throw the baby out with the bath water.....some people can change..some people do have family that aren't perfect and despite their failings are...or can be.... decent human beings given time for reflection and change. In my work I supervise a team that monitors a lot of violent and/or sexual offenders due to extended supervision orders... some have capacity to change...most don't. Haas..and other nrl players that have made mistakes...can change...can end up good...can be role models..can be contributing members of society......not sure why there are some here so quick to throw some under the bus.
All I can picture when reading your post is the stereotypical american indian chief, me make heap em big fire. I get what you were meaning but it sure makes for difficult reading.

appreciate what you're saying Huge ... and I am a fan of your dialogue... and perspective most of the time, and totally get where you're coming from. Sorry about the literacy..punctuality.....but i'm not perfect...most aren't....i had a few drinks and will never declare to be perfect... as long as the most of us get our views across...isn't that what matters here being a public forum? You're views on a lot of posts differ to mine, but you always give good points...argue with validation and in every aspect, for me...i will always value that input, discretion and openness.

So... Does anyone know when when Haas will get a game??

Forget about getting a game. He's not even present either in the sheds or in the player's area at our last 2 Home games. Shouldn't he be witnessing in person and realize what he's missing out on? With the talent he has, he should be attending these games and get pumped up once his 4 games ban are up. He SHOULD be doing everything right to get back into game and stay positive.

Like everyone's been saying, he made stupid mistakes and he's young to realize his true potential and doing silly things. Perhaps life has taught many of us some good lessons through out life's which made us all better people today. Hopefully Payne learns(at least from now) the hard way in his budding career and come out the other side a better person off & on the field.

Forget about getting a game. He's not even present either in the sheds or in the player's area at our last 2 Home games. Shouldn't he be witnessing in person and realize what he's missing out on? With the talent he has, he should be attending these games and get pumped up once his 4 games ban are up. He SHOULD be doing everything right to get back into game and stay positive.

Like everyone's been saying, he made stupid mistakes and he's young to realize his true potential and doing silly things. Perhaps life has taught many of us some good lessons through out life's which made us all better people today. Hopefully Payne learns(at least from now) the hard way in his budding career and come out the other side a better person off & on the field.

He doesn't deserve to be there. At this stage,bid be telling him to buy his own ticket too.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.