OFFICIAL Herbie ***** off to the dolphins

Flegs has signed with the dullphins.
Mercenary ... stayed with us on overs moves to dolphins on overs... see ya later mate.

I'm sure his relocation to The peninsular will see a vast improvement in his disciplinary record... he will be reborn in the church of Uncle Wayne

#JustBeBetter #WeAreNotHereToCannibalise

I will give the club the benefit of the doubt that losing both Herbie and Flegler was a calculated move with a plan to improve our squad next season. Otherwise there are some real concerns regarding a player exodus (and attempts)

Flegs has signed with the dullphins.

Thats genuinley shocked me. I thought the Phins would be smarter than that tbh. I thought he would leave us, but probably to Manly. I think with his discipline issues paying him huge money is risky.

I will give the club the benefit of the doubt that losing both Herbie and Flegler was a calculated move with a plan to improve our squad next season. Otherwise there are some real concerns regarding a player exodus (and attempts)
devil is in the details i guess most ppl would agree we have to much money locked up in forwards

They should let us know. Depressing way to start the season aye. 😢😭

The two positions we had in excess are middles (Haas, Patty, Kobe, Jensen, Willison, Te Kura, etc.) and outside backs (Staggs, Cobbo, Walsh, Oates, Arthars, Pereira, Mariner, Quai-Ward, etc.).

I think the two losses were probably needed to balance out the roster anyway.

Cobbo was never going to live on the wing forever so something had to give.

Having 3 high paid middles is too much investment in the salary cap world we have to live in.

Thats genuinley shocked me. I thought the Phins would be smarter than that tbh. I thought he would leave us, but probably to Manly. I think with his discipline issues paying him huge money is risky.
Wayne will fix him.... his disciplinary record will be a thing of the past once the clock ticks past midnight on November 1

The two positions we had in excess are middles (Haas, Patty, Kobe, Jensen, Willison, Te Kura, etc.) and outside backs (Staggs, Cobbo, Walsh, Oates, Arthars, Pereira, Mariner, Quai-Ward, etc.).

I think the two losses were probably needed to balance out the roster anyway.

Cobbo was never going to live on the wing forever so something had to give.

Having 3 high paid middles is too much investment in the salary cap world we have to live in.
I’m not disagreeing. I just don’t like the idea of us replacing them with more youth and continuing the endless cycle of having inconsistent players for 50 games and then losing them and bringing in the next inexperienced youth. Not to mention that 2 of the players we are banking on the most in the middle and the backs have asked for releases already.

If we get some more experience in the forwards or are making a play for a long term halfback then the squad balance points are valid

3 players:
Brad Schneider
Spencer Leniu
Tyson Frizell

we could nearly snag them 3 for a bit over half of the price of the other 2. Still have some leftover to keep Haas, Carrigan and our young spine players.

I’m not disagreeing. I just don’t like the idea of us replacing them with more youth and continuing the endless cycle of having inconsistent players for 50 games and then losing them and bringing in the next inexperienced youth.

If we get some more experience in the forwards or are making a play for a long term halfback then the squad balance points are valid
I think in this sense Flegler is being replaced by Kobe and Jensen... the next recruitment will be interesting ... or the development of Willison over the course of this year... also the form and longevity of Taupau (will he go well this year and if so will he go around again next year).

The broncos for too long have been living in a FOMO world when it comes to recruitment and retention.

Decisions have to be made otherwise we're just stacking talent and promise on top of each other until the dam breaks and we lose someone we really wanted to keep, whilst we're stuck with unrealised potential on bloated contracts that we can't move.

If we run next year with the below middles we might just need another experienced middle like Taupau this year or a Taupau replacement... unless Willison comes along in leaps and bounds and takes that spot on the bench.

8. Haas (81 games)
10. Jensen (76 games)
13. Patty (60 games)

15. Kobe (36 games)
16. Taupau (or a replacement) / Willison / etc.

Spend the money on a hooker ffs. We must have a mil now. This is not a huge loss, as long as the cash is spent wisely.

Spend the money on a hooker ffs. We must have a mil now. This is not a huge loss, as long as the cash is spent wisely.
No point. That’s a stupid way to allocate cap space when it is very clear the club has failed to invest in that area for a number of years in anticipation for Mozer. Would be stupid to sign a player when we are very close to seeing if the wait pays off.

No point. That’s a stupid way to allocate cap space when it is very clear the club has failed to invest in that area for a number of years in anticipation for Mozer. Would be stupid to sign a player when we are very close to seeing if the wait pays off.
It’s nice to be romantic like that but what’s to say mozer doesn’t piss off in the next few years also anyway? We have a mil spare at LEAST. It’s pretty much unanimous it’s our weakest position. Mozer can play off the bench if he’s our next best option. At this point it would be madness to not thinking of poaching a hooker from some other team.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Battler
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bert_lifts
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.