His Marbles GOOOORNE??????

Its all well and good to make sweeping statements such as these and bag the coach out but time and time again WB has silenced you all many a time by acheiving the goal he set out to acheive - win premierships.

Thats all there is to say really. All these years I've been on this forum people are so quick to diss the coach and so slow (if ever) to put their hand up when they get proven wrong. I'll agree to disagree and leave the thread but just want to point how boring and repetitive this all is.

Forehand.
Backhand.
Forehand.
Backhand.
Forehand.
Backhand.

*yawn*

Frank the Tank said:
[quote="Denny Crane":z4dgeyy7]Its all well and good to make sweeping statements such as these and bag the coach out but time and time again WB has silenced you all many a time by acheiving the goal he set out to acheive - win premierships.
many a time? hes won 1 premiership in the last 7 years and has become the only Australian coach in the last, what, 20 years to lose a world cup or test series? yeah that silenced us critics![/quote:z4dgeyy7]

name another coach to win more than 1 premiership in the last 7 years

Frank the Tank said:
well ricky stuart took the roosters to 3 grand finals, winning one, and bellamy has taken the storm to 2 of which they won 1.

and Bennett beat Bellamy. And Ricky Stuart was sacked from the Roosters.

Frank the Tank said:
Midgey said:
[quote="Frank the Tank":uq2a9das]

and anyway, to be fair, i think there was only something like 3 games over 3 seasons where they had their entire first choice team available - and they carved up in those matches.

Lol! Stu defending Saints now. I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing if you were a Saints supporter. How bout those Cowboys this year Stu? That cowboy hat must be getting pretty dusty these days...
[eusa_eh

talking about saints midgey........[/quote:uq2a9das]

As you can see I've taken the "Stu" method out of this by completely denying I ever said it. Just like that brown closer to white thing ay? No Comment on the Cowboys tho?

Coxy said:
Forehand.
Backhand.
Forehand.
Backhand.
Forehand.
Backhand.

*yawn*

we seem to be hitting down the line alot don't we? eusa_think

Frank the Tank said:
well ricky stuart took the roosters to 3 grand finals, winning one, and bellamy has taken the storm to 2 of which they won 1.

That would be because of their playing rosters though wouldn't it?

My god some people are ignorant. Bennett = best coach of all time.

BUT, Bennett also = over the hill.

2006 was no fluke, it was a rare example where he found inspiration for a new plan and it worked. But for the most part he's content with mediocrity and effort.

Frank the Tank said:

Name another coach that has won two premierships in seven years from 2000, Stu. That was the question...

Something occurred to me about Bennett's early success at the Broncos. He DID have most of the cream of Qld talent to mould into a football team. It took him 4 seasons to deliver a premiership with a team that contained some of the best of all time in their positions.

Contrast that with his 2006 success where his team had been brought back to the field thanks to the salary cap and the rise of young superstars in opposition teams, something which we certainly did not have in 06 (Boyd fans jump in here thx).

Whereas in 91-92/97-98 he had brilliance, in 06 he had graft and grind. To me he showed that without a team full of the best players in the game he could engineer a premiership win against the best side all season, and do it coming back from a long, demoralising losing slump.

I would not want too many other coaches at the head of my team when given those preconditions half way through the season.

I am going to miss Bennett but he had to go at some point. I don't always agree with his selections and the treatment of some players compared to others but I have no way of knowing what goes on behind the scenes so I'm in no position to judge.

I think he will benefit St George enourmously and if the Dragon's board is smart they will keep Brown on the payroll as Bennett's understudy to allow him to absorb lessons from the great man.

gUt said:
Something occurred to me about Bennett's early success at the Broncos. He DID have most of the cream of Qld talent to mould into a football team. It took him 4 seasons to deliver a premiership with a team that contained some of the best of all time in their positions.

Contrast that with his 2006 success where his team had been brought back to the field thanks to the salary cap and the rise of young superstars in opposition teams, something which we certainly did not have in 06 (Boyd fans jump in here thx).

Whereas in 91-92/97-98 he had brilliance, in 06 he had graft and grind. To me he showed that without a team full of the best players in the game he could engineer a premiership win against the best side all season, and do it coming back from a long, demoralising losing slump.

I would not want too many other coaches at the head of my team when given those preconditions half way through the season.

I am going to miss Bennett but he had to go at some point. I don't always agree with his selections and the treatment of some players compared to others but I have no way of knowing what goes on behind the scenes so I'm in no position to judge.

I think he will benefit St George enourmously and if the Dragon's board is smart they will keep Brown on the payroll as Bennett's understudy to allow him to absorb lessons from the great man.

[eusa_clap.gi Beautifully said gUt.

It's why Bennett counts 2006 as "the sweetest one". Not the talent he had for the other 5 premierships (even the 2000 team boasted Lockyer, Sailor, Tuqiri, Carroll, Walters, Priddis, Tallis, Webcke, Ikin at his best...), the slump which had everyone writing the Broncos off, and then losing their opening finals game to again have people writing them off.

Frank the Tank said:
we won in 2006 because lockyer and hodges played out of their skins

Frank the Tank said:
has become the only Australian coach in the last, what, 20 years to lose a world cup or test series?

Your argument doesn't make much sense to me. When the Broncos win, it's because of the players, yet when Australia loses, it's because of the coach.

How would have that plank of wood gone as Australian coach?

Frank the Tank said:
bigstim179 said:
How would have that plank of wood gone as Australian coach?
it wouldve gone better, because iirc during that series we played some second rowers on the wing at one stage, and many other 'wtf is he thinking!?!?' positional changes too.

So what you're saying is that ultimately the responsibility of fielding a winning team comes down to the coach and his credentials - something which Bennett did in 2006 - yet you refuse to accept that it was Bennett and his credentials that won the 2006 premeirship.

Happy to blame him for a loss, but not prepared to give him credit for a win. Makes no sense to me.

This all boils down to Stu not thinking WB is a bad coach because of results, but because of choices. He thinks he is a bad coach because he doesn't run a team like he would (an obvious RL god). WB could have won 0/20 finals, but if he ran the team like Stu wanted, he'd be a genius. Stu actually thinks that he could coach better then him. Thats the fucked up thing. There is no use comparing him to other coaches. Stu doesn't pay attention to other teams enough to judge their coaches decisions.

Who has excused Bennett for the tri nations defeat? Or the team slumps?

broncospwn said:
rnabokov said:
Jebadude said:
Hard to believe we won a Premiership only the season before last eusa_think

Jeb, take Locky out of that team, and we would have been FLOGGED.

And take Cameron Smith out of the Melbourne GF in last year they would of been flogged?

So why make stupid statements?

Stupid statements?

You comparing the 34-8 slaughter by the Storm over Manly in '07 to Brisbane's 15-10 win (and a great win it was) over the Storm in 06?

Somehow I doubt Smith played quite the dominant role in '07 that Locky did in '06.

lol! Do you think you'd be a better coach then WB if you started coaching the Broncos next week? Yes or No?

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • jd87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • broncoscope
  • Bucking Beads
  • Volvo Driver
  • TimWhatley
  • Waynesaurus
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • Wild Horse
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Locky24
  • Behind enemy lines
  • barker
  • Morkel
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.