Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

That's true, but Hoffman is better suited to fullback than wing. Yow Yeh and Kemp can probably play in either position adequately, but if all three are in the side, it would make the most sense to have Hoffman at fullback and the other two on the wing.

IMO doing that would be best for the team and maximise our strength.

If that makes sense...

Hodges being ruled out for 6 months only means he'll miss the 4 games that he wouldn't have missed due to injury anyway.

honestly, i dont really think this is too big a loss. its certainly good for QLD, as it means we get the centre pairing of Inglis and Tonga, which is a much better pairing than Inglis/Hodges. for all the talk about Hodges on here, he really has done very little with his career. he was the best centre in the game for about 6 weeks back in like 2004, but apart from that, hes done very little to deserve his reputation.

Can you just forget your password and post elsewhere, you add very little to a topic.

ningnangnong said:
That's true, but Hoffman is better suited to fullback than wing. Yow Yeh and Kemp can probably play in either position adequately, but if all three are in the side, it would make the most sense to have Hoffman at fullback and the other two on the wing.

IMO doing that would be best for the team and maximise our strength.

If that makes sense...

It does make sence indeed and i do agree. But where possible and not at the risk of dropping a game we do need to explore some options. Trials are gonna be awesome

nah no war Browny had my say stated my opinion moving on. Im here to discuss the Broncos not have a fan from another club shoot down our players any chance they get. Hopefully at some point we can have that.

m1c said:
Yow Yeh would be terrible anywhere other than the wing.

What makes you think that?

He's an elusive yet powerful runner of the ball, i reckon he'd do well at fullback.

That said, Kemp is my first choice.

m1c said:
Yow Yeh would be terrible anywhere other than the wing.

Althou you could call it a 1 of, or right place right time move.But his try against the cowboys shows he does have an awesome talent within.

I'd have Kemp at fullback well before Yow Yeh. I don't understand the fascination everyone has with moving players out of position. Yow Yeh is a fantastic winger, he has played that position all through the juniors. Why would we move him? Let him play in the position that he excels in and that suits his skillset best.

And for all we know he could be an awesome Fullback. Sometimes you gotta take a risk and move a player. Dont sit him there all year if he is playing crap. But the awesome thing we do have at the Broncos is so many options to fill the role left by an awesome Player.

draggx said:
Im here to discuss the Broncos not have a fan from another club shoot down our players any chance they get.
whos the fan of another club? ive been a broncos supporter for as long as i can remember - i was even at their very first game. were you?

Anonymous person said:
draggx said:
Im here to discuss the Broncos not have a fan from another club shoot down our players any chance they get.
whos the fan of another club? ive been a broncos supporter for as long as i can remember - i was even at their very first game. were you?

Considering i was 3 i can safely say the Broncos are the only team ive ever supported in terms or Rugby League. I remember sitting at my grandmothers watching 92 i remember being at ANZ for the SL ect.

if your a Supporter then awesome but based on your post and constant bashing of Bronco players its only right that i thought other wise.

I don't think Justin Hodges will play again.

I ruptured my achilles tendon and I can tell you from very good first hand experience that saying he will be back in 6 or 8 months is a nonsense.

You are much better off to break your leg and the amount of strength you lose in your ankle is immense. The days of him being light on his feet are gone.

Unless he has a partial rupture as opposed to a complete, I would say we have seen the last of Justin as a player.

draggx said:
if your a Supporter then awesome but based on your post and constant bashing of Bronco players its only right that i thought other wise.
well its not right that you thought otherwise, since im on a broncos forum [eusa_doh

also, let me get this straight - i love the broncos, theyre my number 1 team, always have been and always will be. but i love QLD rugby league in general, hence me caring more about State of Origin than the regular season, and why i also support every QLD team that comes into the NRL (yes, including the crushers/cowboys/titans/etc). doesnt mean im not a broncos fan.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
You are much better off to break your leg and the amount of strength you lose in your ankle is immense. The days of him being light on his feet are gone.
ive heard the same thing - that doing your achilles is one of the worst injuries you can have leg-wise.

but i dont think hodges has ever been 'light on his feet'. he has always relied on just a big step and fend getting him through.

Anonymous person said:
its certainly good for QLD, as it means we get the centre pairing of Inglis and Tonga, which is a much better pairing than Inglis/Hodges.

Inglis/Tate FTW!!!

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Sproj
  • Ondi
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dexter
  • xilliun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Hurrijo
  • Bish
  • BrentTatesChin
  • bb_gun
  • Jedhead
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.