Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

I agree losing Hodgo is a blow - he actually is a talented player despite some opinions! However, it's not all doom and gloom. One of the clubs youngsters will get their opportunity. And history says they'll take it, turn into a boom player, and piss off to South's in 2 years [icon_wink

Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:
its certainly good for QLD, as it means we get the centre pairing of Inglis and Tonga, which is a much better pairing than Inglis/Hodges.

Inglis/Tate FTW!!!
I wouldnt be upset with Inglis/Tate. regardless of how bad Tate is playing at club level, he steps up BIG TIME in origin. he was close to our player of the series in 2008 IMO.

Anonymous person said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Anonymous person":325aw8p7]its certainly good for QLD, as it means we get the centre pairing of Inglis and Tonga, which is a much better pairing than Inglis/Hodges.

Inglis/Tate FTW!!!
I wouldnt be upset with Inglis/Tate. regardless of how bad Tate is playing at club level, he steps up BIG TIME in origin. he was close to our player of the series in 2008 IMO.[/quote:325aw8p7]

Agreed. If Tate is fit, he's one of those players you just have to pick IMO. Big game player.

Also if Hodges was fit this year he would've been QLD fullback [icon_wink

Raw Boned Youngster said:
I don't think Justin Hodges will play again.

I ruptured my achilles tendon and I can tell you from very good first hand experience that saying he will be back in 6 or 8 months is a nonsense.

You are much better off to break your leg and the amount of strength you lose in your ankle is immense. The days of him being light on his feet are gone.

Unless he has a partial rupture as opposed to a complete, I would say we have seen the last of Justin as a player.

No offence, but you weren't treated by the same medical staff, physios and surgeons Hodgo will be. Plenty of players have had ruptured Achilles and come back from them...Chris Walker is a recent one.

Je$ter said:
m1c said:
I think our best option now would be to tell Tim Smith to start training with the outside backs, I think he would be a perfect replacement for Hodges at right centre.
draggx said:
well now we do need Lockyer,Smith and Wallace all in the Starting side. Wonder how young Andrew Mc would go at Centre with Wallace in the 9 and smith in the 7....

Do youse mind if you could PM the name of your crack dealers?

Massive loss.

I would do something like:

1. Hoffman/Kemp
2. Winterstein
3. Glenn
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh

+1

Just keep Michaels out.

+2... although I had michaels as a close second.

Tim Smith for bench utility... i saw him play this role over in the UK filling in at hooker during matches and he went ok. I wouldn't force him into the starting side just for the sake of it but if a half opening happens in any of the halves i say he's plan B at half back hooker or 5/8.

Andrew MC needs to play 80minutes at Hooker week in and week out. And he can do it. Hunt and Smith just have to wait for origin or worse.

draggx said:
Can you just forget your password and post elsewhere, you add very little to a topic.

Why? Cause he has a different opinion to you?

On his day, Hodges is a devastating player, but for all the hype surrounding him, he doesn't seem to have those days as often as the hype would suggest.

Sure he's a loss, but not one that can't be overcome.

Coxy, I didn't muck around, I was treated by the Knights Doc.
My physio has been full on and very regular, with the aim of making a full recovery.
I'm a sporty and active sort of guy Chris!

I take your point though.
It all depends on the severity of the rupture and where it is located. Bad ones can roll up your leg.

I am at six months at the moment and I have only recently started to do anything other than walk - a Cliff Young shuffle.
All I will say is in my case, and from speaking to others who have been throught the sameinjury, the loss of strength and confidence in the ankle has been very significant.

The thought of going through it all again, the mind games, is something Justin will face, especially when the potential for rerupture is increased.

I stand by what I said.
If it is a bad one, we have probably seen the last of him. If it is a 'good one' , I doubt he will play in 2010.
Feel sorry for him, these injuries really suck.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
Coxy, I didn't muck around, I was treated by the Knights Doc.
My physio has been full on and very regular, with the aim of making a full recovery.
I'm a sporty and active sort of guy Chris!

I take your point though.
It all depends on the severity of the rupture and where it is located. Bad ones can roll up your leg.

I am at six months at the moment and I have only recently started to do anything other than walk - a Cliff Young shuffle.
All I will say is in my case, and from speaking to others who have been throught the sameinjury, the loss of strength and confidence in the ankle has been very significant.

The thought of going through it all again, the mind games, is something Justin will face, especially when the potential for rerupture is increased.

I stand by what I said.
If it is a bad one, we have probably seen the last of him. If it is a 'good one' , I doubt he will play in 2010.
Feel sorry for him, these injuries really suck.

Perhaps Hodgo's isn't a full rupture then, if yours was? Sounds bloody debilitating! You'd be a tad older than Hodges though right? That'd be a factor as well.

My father in law (to be) partially ruptured his achilles tendon about 15 years ago. Doctor didn't diagnose it properly so he hobbled around thinking it was a "sprained ankle" for 6 weeks before realising something was really wrong.

When they worked it out they put him in a leg cast for 6 MONTHS. They didn't operate because he wasn't a sportsperson, didn't have an active job, and conservative treatment would be OK.

Nasty fucking injuries they is.

But they treat them much better these days.

And while no doubt you've been treated by good professionals you wouldn't get the around the clock care and rehab Hodges and professional sportspeople would get. I imagine you have physio what, every 2nd day? I'd imagine Hodges will have 2 sessions a day once he's ready to start the post-operative recovery and rehab.

I haven't read the word "snapped" anywhere. Saw a bloke snap his on Norfolk. That's all kinds of fucked up.

Yeah, unfortunately I am much ( much ) older and I don't get the degree of care that a pro sportsman would get.

While I am far from Justin's fitness level, prior to my injury, I trained at a gym 4 days per week, and trained and played with my local football team. I was in pretty good nick and to say the injury came as a shock is a huge understatement. I thought a sniper had shot me.

However, I am committed to doing what I can to make a full recovery so I can get back to playing sport.

I see my physio every two weeks now ( it was weekly ) but I have a regimented set of prescribed stretches / strengthening exercised that I work hard at a couple of times each day. My physio is happy with the progress and assures me I'll be right to regain my former youthful vigour, but things would have to change fairly dramitically before I had the bollocks to do anything more than a controlled shuffle.

It is a bizarre injury - it is like walking in a shoe that has a sole that is coming off. You are not really sure where your heel is and, as I have mentioned, the power of pushing off on the balls of your foot basically disappears.

I can't imagine at six months, regardless of treatment, how any person could have the explosive power, or the confidence, to run, accelerate and step or to perform at an elite sporting level.
There are long periods of immobilisation and being in a cast and boot during recovery, regardless of who the person is - it is the body's largest tendon and heals very slowly.

I'm just trying to share my story, which I'm sure Justin will soon be able to relate to large chunks of - most people who have been through the injury seem to tell a similar story.

I hope Justin makes a full recovery.

And that's the problem. 9/10 games he does sweet FA, it's just going to be worse when he comes back.

I snapped my Achillies playing footy in under 16s, 6 years on i still get a lot of pain and tightness. When I go running I need to stretch for about 20 mins before and after, then when I rest and go to get up, it takes me about 5 minutes of walking around just to stop hobbling. Physio tells me that it is quite normal. But you do get strength back you just really need to manage it right for the rest of your life (with proper stretching, iceing etc after exercise)

Steve Michaels will be given first crack at filling Justin Hodges's boots in the Brisbane Broncos backline after the representative centre underwent surgery to repair a ruptured achilles tendon.

With the injury to keep Hodges out of the game until after the State of Origin series in July, and with centre stocks low, coach Ivan Henjak will trial Michaels in the first pre-season game against Melbourne Storm on February 13 at Rockhampton playing alongside Israel Folau.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

I guess it makes sense to slot Michaels in but he must be on his last chance? FFS he better learn how to tackle.

With the Hunger YOW YEH shows. Michaels needs to be playing along side him if he is gonna be stuck at center.

looks like Henjak still has a few bennett-like traits he needs to remove from his coaching methods, mainly giving retards first grade spots.

Active Now

• Tmac
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • thenry
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Ondi
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • scobie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Culhwch
  • maddo
  • Tim K
  • mieko
  • broncoscope
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.