Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

Wow, such a huge loss. Hopefully our young guns see this as a challenge to grab a spot and make it their own. I can see this being the end of Hodges's test career. By the time he gets back I reckon Michael Jennings will have a stranglehold on his centre spot that he won't be able to get back.

I haven't seen much of Beale, but if he's half as good as people are suggesting then I'd love to see him get a go. The trials will be very interesting.

There are some great suggestions in this thread. I think we should move put Carroll (out of retirement again) at fullback for some extra defensive mongrel at the back, Lockyer to wing where he can use his pace to finish, Tim Smith to the second row for a bit of ball-playing around the ruck, and not have a 5/8 out of respect for Locky.

The Gymp said:
1. Kemp
2. Yow Yeh
3. Winterstein
4. Folau
5. Copley/Beale/Not Michaels

1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Winterstein
4. Folau
5. Kemp

Coxy said:
The Gymp said:
1. Kemp
2. Yow Yeh
3. Winterstein
4. Folau
5. Copley/Beale/Not Michaels

1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Winterstein
4. Folau
5. Kemp

Without Hodges that could be the best Option.

With Hodges, Hoffman would miss out imo

Anyone / Anything except Steve Michaels.

A tackling bag would provide better defence.

Dont see why everyone is so worried about this. Hodges doesnt play like a centre, and struggles to string 5 games in a row together anyway. Altho, if michaels is his replacement i can see why there is worry.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Dont see why everyone is so worried about this. Hodges doesnt play like a centre, and struggles to string 5 games in a row together anyway. Altho, if michaels is his replacement i can see why there is worry.

+1

based purely on stats Hodges was 1 of the best for us last year and made alot of meters.

I personally don't think he deserves the praise he gets. You watch him, knowing exactly what he is more than capable of doing, he does a stupid non-step, and takes on the line at some stupid slow speed, and then usually gives away a penalty.

Then the next game, he might come out, do the same thing, but get one break, and everyone loves him.

Then he's injured for two months.

draggx said:
Nope this is gonna be a season full of Break out stars for Brisbane!

We will break our record for points in a game Thrashing a team worse then we did the knights. We will hit the finals in 2nd Spot And Knock out the Storm in the first round finishing the year with a Premiership over the Cowboys in Thurstons last game for them before he joins us in Lockyers place.

I really hope you have crystal balls (oops) ball, that would be fantastic. _woohoo_

Nashy said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

+1

+2

Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying the impact Hodges can have on a game. But I can't for the life of me remember the last time he hit a gap at speed, ran onto a pass and made a break. He almost always gets the ball standing almost stationary and tries to beat the defender with his "non-step" as Nashy calls it. When he's at his best that works, but often it doesn't.

Say what you like about Michaels (like, he's the worst defensive centre in the history of the world....since Stu Kelly) but he does hit the gap...just needs to learn how to work with his winger better...oh, and learn how to defend.

Is Hodges a big loss? Of course. But we can live without him until he gets fit.

Massssssssssssiiiiiiiivvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee loss :(((
Forget Hodges ability, just his presence on the field lifts the whole team, he's the sort of player who makes others play better he doesn't give up if we fall a few tries behind :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm devastated :(

Justin God Hodges will be back in time for the finals though to win us the grand final if we do make the finals.

Time to bring back Stuart Kelly. icon_thumbs_u

Fishing has never been so obvious

Nashy said:
I personally don't think he deserves the praise he gets. You watch him, knowing exactly what he is more than capable of doing, he does a stupid non-step, and takes on the line at some stupid slow speed, and then usually gives away a penalty.

Then the next game, he might come out, do the same thing, but get one break, and everyone loves him.

Then he's injured for two months.

I guess many of us are still reminiscing his 06/07 form...

He's just one of our main attacking weapons hence a big loss... though I do agree I think it is time to start moving away from the 'give it to Hodgo' mentality because he IS missing way too many games per season now... could be the birth of Izzy who knows... because I'm assuming Hodgo will want a contract upgrade and I'm guessing he's already on the 350+ mark so I doubt that is the case so we might not even keep him!

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Ondi
  • Tristan1990
  • Dexter
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • mrtij
  • Howie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ozzball
  • The Strapper
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
  • azza.79
  • Foordy
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.