Hunt Signs with St George Illawarra

It has always been said that Jayden is the more talented and would be the better option for halfback of the 2.

Also I think both brothers are probably too small to be starting hookers.

Yeah this is my concern too. From what I saw in the under 20s though (and yes I know it was just under 20s), Jayden had so much time and composure for someone his age. He came on at hooker at times and just looked so classy. He's the kind of guy who would be the perfect utility. KNik I can only see in the halves long-term.

Yeah this is my concern too. From what I saw in the under 20s though (and yes I know it was just under 20s), Jayden had so much time and composure for someone his age. He came on at hooker at times and just looked so classy. He's the kind of guy who would be the perfect utility. KNik I can only see in the halves long-term.

I can only ever see Kodi at five-eight in the halves, definitely will never be a halfback.

I'm leaning this way as well, as much as it's obviously going to be worse for us THIS season, I think we'll majorly benefit from it in the long run, make it a fast break-up, no point in delaying it 12 months.

Side note: If we release Hunt early and the Dragons are happy to pay all of his 2017 salary, we'll have around $400k under the cap to play with between now and the start of the season.

Side note to the side note: I read today that the Tigers are shopping Tim Simona, if we're still looking at moving Oates to the forwards/bench, he'd be a very handy acquisition. Great attacking player, just needs to stay healthy.

No to Simona. Don't need more outside backs. Got enough even if we move Oates.

What does $400k for one season get us? It's worthless in terms of trying to get people to resign.

Do we try to use it get an organising half from somewhere else - not sure where - probably qcup or intrust premiership (suppose it worked last time we used a qcup half so lets do it again.....) - or do we give Taylor $400k tomorrow as a signing bonus...

Or maybe we address the other problem - prop - get someone up here - give them a taste of it and then get them to resign?

I'm leaning this way as well, as much as it's obviously going to be worse for us THIS season, I think we'll majorly benefit from it in the long run, make it a fast break-up, no point in delaying it 12 months.

Side note: If we release Hunt early and the Dragons are happy to pay all of his 2017 salary, we'll have around $400k under the cap to play with between now and the start of the season.

Side note to the side note: I read today that the Tigers are shopping Tim Simona, if we're still looking at moving Oates to the forwards/bench, he'd be a very handy acquisition. Great attacking player, just needs to stay healthy.

Who have we got to slot in and make it worth while . I don't understand the thought process behind this , when there is no one to keep in the position long term . Milf needs stability to grow, no stop gaps . The only reason to punt hunt early would be if we got the man we want there long term !!!!

Who have we got to slot in and make it worth while . I don't understand the thought process behind this , when there is no one to keep in the position long term . Milf needs stability to grow, no stop gaps . The only reason to punt hunt early would be if we got the man we want there long term !!!!

Can you please think about this logically..

You're saying that we shouldn't move on Hunt early because you don't want Milford to have to partner someone who won't be his long-term halves partner?.. You see the hypocrisy, right?

Stuff it. Let Brisbane pay his wage and send him to Q-Cup.

Please stop putting Knik in the 7, just stop! :whatwouldjareddo:
Absolutely. Why would we let him go a year early and play an inferior halfback, yeah we might have some extra cap space but to sign who? Just makes this season a total write off.

No doubt we let him go early and he'll get MOTM over us with a field goal.

Can you please think about this logically..

You're saying that we shouldn't move on Hunt early because you don't want Milford to have to partner someone who won't be his long-term halves partner?.. You see the hypocrisy, right?

No ! This will be there 3rd season together, why would you put a stop gap in then change a year after ????

Instead of putting either of the Nikorima's at halfback we would be better off keeping Hunt but tying his arms together so he can't tackle. Might even have to make him kick with his left foot because they can't kick either.

No ! This will be there 3rd season together, why would you put a stop gap in then change a year after ????

Technically Hunt is a stop gap, what is your argument here? What is the benefit of Milford improving his partnership with Hunt if he's pissing off at the end of the season? We'd be better off using this opportunity to give Milford the reigns, let him show us what he's capable of doing as the primary halve.

What we do at the Halfback position is up for debate, there's a few options. We could give Benji a season at Halfback to see if he's still got a bit of juice left in him. We could give Kodi a season at Halfback to see if he's more than a poor mans Milford. We could bring Jayden home and see what he's made of.

All of the above options are better than giving Hunt another season to plod around at 75% effort before sailing off into the sunset on Josh Dugan's cruise(r) ship.

Instead of putting either of the Nikorima's at halfback we would be better off keeping Hunt but tying his arms together so he can't tackle. Might even have to make him kick with his left foot because they can't kick either.

You realise Hunt had the 2nd most missed tackles in the entire NRL last season, right? If you're going to use something as a reason to keep him around, make it something he's good at lol.

Why would we need to tie them up? He's perfectly capable of not tackling when they're fully functional.

You realise Hunt had the 2nd most missed tackles in the entire NRL last season, right? If you're going to use something as a reason to keep him around, make it something he's good at lol.
We have had this debate before. Only one other halfback (Chad Townsend) was forced to make more tackles than him. Nobody else was within 100 except Mbye and he did sweet **** all else except last season. Next you'll try tell me Ash Taylor is a better defender. The stats only seem to count when they're on your side. You've still proven nothing in 12 months of back and forth.

We have had this debate before. Only one other halfback (Chad Townsend) was forced to make more tackles than him. Nobody else was within 100 except Mbye and he did sweet **** all else except last season. Next you'll try tell me Ash Taylor is a better defender. The stats only seem to count when they're on your side. You've still proven nothing in 12 months of back and forth.

Somebody once told me to have my facts 100% correct before commenting on players, I took that to heart, here is a list of all players in 2016 with 400+ tackles made, alongside their missed tackle %. Tell me more about Hunt's great defence. Oh and don't forget to throw in the part about him defending alongside the best defensive backrower in the game.

Ben Hunt - 582 made, 99 missed ~ 17.0% of tackles are missed
Moses Mbye - 464 made, 71 missed ~ 15.3% of tackles are missed
Josh Reynolds - 449 made, 68 missed ~ 15.1% of tackles are missed
Chad Townsend - 626 made, 61 missed ~ 9.7% of tackles are missed
Blake Green - 504 made, 49 missed ~ 9.7% of tackles are missed
Cooper Cronk - 434 made, 42 missed ~ 9.6% of tackles are missed
Daly Cherry-Evans - 411 made, 39 missed ~ 9.4% of tackles are missed

Somebody once told me to have my facts 100% correct before commenting on players, I took that to heart, here is a list of all players in 2016 with 400+ tackles made, alongside their missed tackle %. Tell me more about Hunt's great defence. Oh and don't forget to throw in the part about him defending alongside the best defensive backrower in the game.

Ben Hunt - 582 made, 99 missed ~ 17.0% of tackles are missed
Moses Mbye - 464 made, 71 missed ~ 15.3% of tackles are missed
Josh Reynolds - 449 made, 68 missed ~ 15.1% of tackles are missed
Chad Townsend - 626 made, 61 missed ~ 9.7% of tackles are missed
Blake Green - 504 made, 49 missed ~ 9.7% of tackles are missed
Cooper Cronk - 434 made, 42 missed ~ 9.6% of tackles are missed
Daly Cherry-Evans - 411 made, 39 missed ~ 9.4% of tackles are missed
The conclusion I think we should take from this - where the **** is Thurston and why the **** aren't we doing whatever it is the Cowboys are doing?

Oh, and Hunt's tackling in 2016 was shit. Anyone got the 2015 stats? I swear he wasn't always that bad.

Technically Hunt is a stop gap, what is your argument here? What is the benefit of Milford improving his partnership with Hunt if he's pissing off at the end of the season? We'd be better off using this opportunity to give Milford the reigns, let him show us what he's capable of doing as the primary halve.

What we do at the Halfback position is up for debate, there's a few options. We could give Benji a season at Halfback to see if he's still got a bit of juice left in him. We could give Kodi a season at Halfback to see if he's more than a poor mans Milford. We could bring Jayden home and see what he's made of.

All of the above options are better than giving Hunt another season to plod around at 75% effort before sailing off into the sunset on Josh Dugan's cruise(r) ship.

No he isn't! Like I said this will be there 3rd season together, what better way to hand Milford the rains with someone he has confidence in playing with . Hunt is the best option we have atm , none of your options are even close to him. How many times have we tried multiple options in the halves but to no avail. One more year for hunt and find a ready made replacement. (Ash Taylor *cough*)

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • johnyE
  • thenry
  • Fitzy
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Griffo
  • Bish
  • Swordfish
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • maddo
  • Shane Tronc
  • leon.bott
  • Jazza
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.