I hate the media!

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
LMAO, honestly who cares if the Church wants to "threaten" their association with the nrl LOL.
I couldn't care less, I watch footy for the footy, not to watch priests run around in short shorts throwing a ball around.

So you don't care about sponsorship, don't care about how players act off the field and don't care about trying to get young people to play the sport.

You know if everyone thought that way, we wouldn't have leauge in our lives.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Nashy said:
broncospwn said:
LMAO, honestly who cares if the Church wants to "threaten" their association with the nrl LOL.
I couldn't care less, I watch footy for the footy, not to watch priests run around in short shorts throwing a ball around.

So you don't care about sponsorship, don't care about how players act off the field and don't care about trying to get young people to play the sport.

Yeah um...... I totally don't care about that.... :roll:

N

NPK

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
Was the incident actually group sex?
In my opinion, group sex is when more than 2 people are involved at the same time, but from the reports it sounds like the guys took turns (so only 2 people were physically involved at any time). eusa_think

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:
broncospwn said:

Exactly Catholic Schools have long been a nursery for Rugby League in Australia - quite a number of our best ever players went to Catholic Schools and that is where they first started playing the game. Now I'm not going to comment on the rights or wrongs of their decision but if Catholic Schools stop playing Rugby League, then that will have a severe impact on the junior playing ranks and those coming through.

In regards 4 Corners, someone told me last night that the girl herself didn't actually come forward to tell her story as such, but that they found out about the case by going through old police reports or something and then they actively tracked her down. Once again adding weight to the theory that's it's part of a RL witch hunt. If they could spend the time tracking down old RL related cases then they certainly could have found similar stories from many other parts of society (not just other sporting codes).

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agree Flutterby. We can't forget the junior nursery Catholic schools provides.

But the hypocrisy of the Catholic church citing the supposed sex culture in rugby league given their well documented, sordid history of child abuse by some of its respected members isn't lost on anyone.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Je$ter said:
rnabokov said:
I just find it hard to take that, (supposedly) mature, adult males have little compunction in having it off with teenage girls - “groupies†or otherwise, particularly if the men are married, and worse, have daughters themselves.

It's just such a clear case of taking advantage of someone in a weaker position of power - regardless of the moral and ethical skills parents have tried to instill in their children.

(Yeah - it happens, it's been happening and no doubt, it will keep happening. But that doesn't make it right, nor does it absolved the responsible(?) adult males from being accountable for their actions.)

It's one thing to say the girl agreed, but who really, in the interests of a just, fair and decent society, will lay the primary responsibility in these situations on the too often doey-eyed (and/or pissed) teenage girl?

What a nice place the world would be if we all did the right thing by and for each other.

These guys aren't to know the difference between an 18 y/o and a 25 y/o. Shit, I know 15 year old girls who could pass for 20, easily. When you are out on the drink it makes it even harder to tell. The do-gooders on here obviously haven't been out on the town for a few years. Chicks will dress up, look good and flaunt it all with one thing in mind - to get ****. Guys are going to oblige no doubt, but its crap that you are saying that guys, especially famous ones, should take responsiblity for other peoples actions.

And FTR Coxy, i wasn't implying the majority of under 25's go out and gang bang, just hte easy sex, drugs, alcohol etc etc. In saying that, there are plenty of non-famous guys (and girls) out there engaging in this.

Cobblers.

I am not saying that at all. I am saying that “guys, especially famous ones†have a responsibility to do the right thing - morally and ethically.

We all have the right, and capacity, to say NO. Your post implicitly endorses the damn Culture of Alcohol which really underlies so much of this crap.

In other words - sure, it's ok to go out and get pissed ... And being pissed, it's therefore acceptable to do whatever because you can justify it by saying you were pissed.

Just tell the cops that when you're caught drink-driving.

And I have been out on the town mate - probably more times than you've had hot breakfasts.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yes, but apparently under 25s have the right to do whatever they want. And if a chick offers herself then you bang her and she's got no right to whinge, the dirty little slut. That's Australian kulcha.

Welcome to Gen Y.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah, that never happened when Gen X was that age.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I love being tarred with that Gen Y brush! Seriously though there are so many guilty people in this situation and I don't think there is one solution or one sole person to blame. I think the 12 odd Sharks, the girl, 4 corners and Rebecca Wilson can all take different amounts of the blame for a terrible situation that has been dragged up by a TV station in an attempt to further destroy Rugby League (and as Gus said on Thursday night the code deserves this and it is the sledgehammer to the head the code needed). Hearing last night on ABC news that this girl bragged to staff about having sex with 2 rugby players the previous night in the toilets only makes this situation uglier and is likely to get the pro-Johns camp screaming not guilty far too hastily.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Coxyz said:
Yes, but apparently under 25s have the right to do whatever they want. And if a chick offers herself then you bang her and she's got no right to whinge, the dirty little slut. That's Australian kulcha.

Welcome to Gen Y.

I really hope that wasn't serious Coxy cause that was poor form.

I get it "kids these days...", but come on, I, like Gymp, hate being tarred with the same brush

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Blaming Gen Y is always good for a nibble ;-)

Yes, I was joking. Generational "culture" is no more real than rugby league "culture".

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Coxyz said:

Yes, I was joking. Generational "culture" is no more real than rugby league "culture".

I was hoping you were just baiting - I'm such a damn easy target for that!!

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Coxyz said:

Plus Johns is hardly Gen Y

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
If any generation is to blame it is the Baby Boomers...them and their rebelliousness

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Flutterby said:
Nashy said:
broncospwn said:

Exactly Catholic Schools have long been a nursery for Rugby League in Australia - quite a number of our best ever players went to Catholic Schools and that is where they first started playing the game. Now I'm not going to comment on the rights or wrongs of their decision but if Catholic Schools stop playing Rugby League, then that will have a severe impact on the junior playing ranks and those coming through.

In regards 4 Corners, someone told me last night that the girl herself didn't actually come forward to tell her story as such, but that they found out about the case by going through old police reports or something and then they actively tracked her down. Once again adding weight to the theory that's it's part of a RL witch hunt. If they could spend the time tracking down old RL related cases then they certainly could have found similar stories from many other parts of society (not just other sporting codes).

I agree they would be a loss IF they did, but it just pisses me off that they are acting like this when they don't see the shit they do AND the main reason they said this was because of all the talk about a incident 7 years ago, it the four corners episode didn't air, they wouldn't of made this threat which is what pisses me off. Oh not to mention they are perfect and none of them have ever made mistakes or done things twice as disgusting as what players have done.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxyz said:

Welcome to Gen Y.

I don't get this... so you're saying if a chick wants some random bloke to roger her.. completely consents to it.. she has a right to complain to the cops afterwards? Maybe they should change the definition of the word "consent" [icon_shru

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
She loves dick. Simple.

Her workmates prove this. There is absolutely no reason why Matty should be copping anything for this. She wanted to ****, so she got fucked.

She's a dick lvoer after cash.

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Spoon
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Shane Tronc
  • Aldo
  • RolledOates
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.