If you hate the Titans now?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Imagine how you'll feel if this comes through:
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 89,00.html

GREG Bird's NRL career could be revived by the Gold Coast Titans, pending the outcome of an appeal against his conviction for glassing his American girlfriend.

The former Australian Test five-eighth has been in outstanding form for the France-based Catalans Dragons in English Super League, with Dragons coach Kevin Walters keen for him to stay on next year.

Bird, who was sentenced to at least eight months jail after being convicted for recklessly wounding Katie Milligan, is due to appeal against the verdict in the NSW District Court on November 23-24. French sources say Bird has been sounded out by the Titans as halves partner for skipper Scott Prince in 2010.

[icon_lol1.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
LOL, they will cop it big time if he goes their. I bloody hope he doesn't come anywhere near the Broncos. Scum of a person can't stand him. Hope he gets glassed by some random.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
If the article is correct it's a puzzling stance from the Titans. I've followed Michael Searle closely since their inception and the one thing he always talks about is the effort in engaging with the local community. They really encourage families to their games and have a high profile in many of the schools in the area.

I fail to see how Greg Bird fits in with the culture up there. My bet is it's someone inside the football department who's throwing Bird's name out to test the water. Pretty sure the powers that be wouldn't want Bird spoiling the image the club has worked hard to create.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
That would bring an end to the "no-dickhead" policy - in an official sense anyway.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
No such policy exists. How else can you explain them having Chris Walker?

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
actually Bird fits right in

Walker - Bogan
Rogers - Bogan

Bird - Bogan

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
He would be a great buy from a footballing perspective if they were able to curtail any stupidity he can display off the field.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Steve said:
If the article is correct it's a puzzling stance from the Titans. I've followed Michael Searle closely since their inception and the one thing he always talks about is the effort in engaging with the local community. They really encourage families to their games and have a high profile in many of the schools in the area.

I fail to see how Greg Bird fits in with the culture up there. My bet is it's someone inside the football department who's throwing Bird's name out to test the water. Pretty sure the powers that be wouldn't want Bird spoiling the image the club has worked hard to create.

Lets see - Titans lacking depth in attack, fail in finals series and all of a sudden the high and mighty - family team idea goes out the window with the tits courting one of the grubbiest player in recent memory

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Gymp said:
He would be a great buy from a footballing perspective if they were able to curtail any stupidity he can display off the field.

Yes, unfortunately rugby league, particularly on the Coast where they HAVE to keep developing community support, particularly with the fagball and gAyFL teams crowding them.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Blondie said:
I hope he goes there, rather then comming to us!

Were the Roosters actually chasing him?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Seems that every time I tell someone I hate the Titans, I get the old "How can you hate a Queensland team" thrown back at me.

So I am going to rant!

Queenslanders just don't seem to understand what is, IMO, one of the best "unofficial" rules about being a fan of Rugby League, and sport in general - hate thy neighbour!!!

Look at some of the great sporting rivalries from all around the world-
1) Adelaide v Port Adelaide
2) West Coast v Fremantle
3) Parramatta v Canterbury
4) Wallabies v All Blacks
5) Reds v Waratahs
6) Liverpool v Everton
7) Barcelona v Real Madrid

Just to name a few.

All great local derbys all throughout the world. And apparently the rule cannot apply to the Broncos and the Titans. If you're a friend of mine on Facebook you'll see that last week I said "suck it losers" in reference to the Titans, and got a few replies (and one from Hammo, as well as a big serve from him at me on the way to the footy last week) it seems to be because they are a Queensland side. I have a message for you - this isn't bloody State of Origin!!!!!!!!! Who cares if they are a bloody Queensland side? Save the Queensland patriotism for 3 nights a year.

This is club football and there is only one team that I will be happy so see do well and that is the Broncos. The Titans aren't my most hated side (well they are the third worst behind Melbourne and Bulldogs) but I still absolutely despise them. So to those that think I should like the Titans just because they are a Queensland team - I hate them!! Deal with it!!

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.