International Cricket 2012/13

Looks like Mike Hussey is going to retire from all Internationals after the next test.

Given how well he has been performing that is going to be a huge loss. He and Clarkey have been a pivotal part of the middle order.

Didn't expect Mike Hussey to retire.

Looks like he'll play the ODI series this summer as well, but that this will be his last test.

I admire Hussey for going out while he's playing well, and not going a year too long...although I have no doubt he would've continued to play well through both Ashes series coming up.

But to me that shows how selfless he is - if he's doubting his ability to stay up for those series and is stepping aside for some new young blood to have a go.

A certain other Australian cricketer who retired recently could've followed his lead and retired at the end of last summer.

I admire Hussey for going out while he's playing well, and not going a year too long...although I have no doubt he would've continued to play well through both Ashes series coming up.

But to me that shows how selfless he is - if he's doubting his ability to stay up for those series and is stepping aside for some new young blood to have a go.

A certain other Australian cricketer who retired recently could've followed his lead and retired at the end of last summer.

Very well said

Good on Huss for not going on too long. We'll miss him in the middle order though, that's for sure.

I wonder if this will make the selectors think about playing Khawaja instead of Maxwell. Theoretically Shane Watson will play both Ashes series and the Indian tour. Giving a game to a player who you are auditioning for a long term spot seems more beneficial to me (I can't imagine Maxwell is considered ahead of Khawaja as a Hussey replacement)

I certainly hope so! Maxwell is a baffling selection to me TBH.

I wonder if this will make the selectors think about playing Khawaja instead of Maxwell. Theoretically Shane Watson will play both Ashes series and the Indian tour. Giving a game to a player who you are auditioning for a long term spot seems more beneficial to me (I can't imagine Maxwell is considered ahead of Khawaja as a Hussey replacement)

It depends on whether Watson gives up bowling

We are now in massive trouble for the Ashes unless something drastic changes soon in our batting stocks!

Yep, it's always better to have people questioning why you did retire rather than why you didn't.

If Wade is going to bat @ 6 & Maxwell 7 I think it would have been more sensible to select Cutting. The guy has shown he can handle the willow. He could bat @ 8 with Johnson @ 7. He should feel very unlucky that he is considered about 10th in the fast bowling pecking order considering he almost debuted against New Zealand @ the Gabba last year.

If Wade is going to bat @ 6 & Maxwell 7 I think it would have been more sensible to select Cutting. The guy has shown he can handle the willow. He could bat @ 8 with Johnson @ 7. He should feel very unlucky that he is considered about 10th in the fast bowling pecking order considering he almost debuted against New Zealand @ the Gabba last year.

If he wants to get picked he needs to leave qld.

Today could be a dangerous day for Australia. When you send a team in for a test match you want to bowl them out for 150. Very poor decision from Clarke. While just under 300 isn't fantastic, it's not terrible either. A few cheap, early wickets and the ever increasingly disappointing Wade at 6 we could face a tough ask chasing anything close to 200 with Herath a dangerous last innings option.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Jedhead
  • Maroon4life
  • leon.bott
  • Kev_Guz
  • Dash
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Alec
  • dudemcdude4976
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.