International rugby league

• Thread starter Lockysillegitimatechild
  • Start date
Piakura confirmed for Cook Island along with weirdly Dylan Napa. No Willison though.

Pride Peterson-Robati will 100% be 18th man for the entire comp and not play once.

World Cup organisers have a new rule for this years tournament where players are allocated a number for the duration of the world cup, they won't wear the number of the position they'll be playing.

in Australia's case, instead of being allocated a number based on the likely starting 17, they be allocating based on who had worn the Aussie jersey the longest (as devised by assistant coach Michael Hagan). the exception is James Tedesco, as captain he'll be given the number 1 jersey. if the haven't made their debut yet, they been allocated their jersey alphabetically

here are some of the numbers to be worn by Aussie players:

Kangaroos Squad Numbers​

1. James Tedesco
  2. Daly Cherry-Evans
  3. Ben Hunt
  4. Valentine Holmes
  5. Jake Trbojevic
  6. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
  7. Cameron Munster
  8. Latrell Mitchell (he'll cop some shit for this, lol)
  9. Josh Addo-Carr
  10. Jack Wighton
  11. Cameron Murray
  12. Matt Burton
  13. Pat Carrigan
  14. Nathan Cleary
  15. Lindsay Collins
  16. Reuben Cotter
  17. Angus Crichton
  18. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
  19. Campbell Graham
  20. Harry Grant
  21. Liam Martin
  22. Jeremiah Nanai
  23. Murray Tuilagi
  24. Isaah Yeo

Makes for some good trivia at least.

Also worth noting we're back to the 2021 rule-set where set restarts apply everywhere on the field.

I would normally be upset. But as we saw this year, it hardly makes any difference. If a darling team is too quick off the mark or deliberately slowing down the ruck while they have the opposition pinned, the refs just let it go this year.

Last year teams did it cynically, knowing a 6-again early in the count, with the opposition pinned, didn't hurt. With the NRL changing the rule back to being a proper penalty, instead of actually penalising those teams this year, they just ignored it, so those teams that benefited last year benefited even more this year.

It's disgusting and he 100% should be stood down but if leilua was an an important Australian player would he have been stood down for the world cup or would the nrl have dealt with it after?

Honestly, why do they have the right? JWH, Lolo and now leilua. It's crazy the players are just accepting thse bans tbh, it's upto the IRL federation to suspend them for their tournament surely...

Also worth noting we're back to the 2021 rule-set where set restarts apply everywhere on the field.
At least now the world can witness how shit the rules have become.

Can anyone remind me what the Aus v NZ game was when Sailor and Barnett clashed heads and Barnett’s face was destroyed?

I think it was 1999 or 2000?

I want to try find a full match replay. I remember that was around the time I first got into league and that was the game I fell in love with the sport.

@Big Pete ?

Can anyone remind me what the Aus v NZ game was when Sailor and Barnett clashed heads and Barnett’s face was destroyed?

I think it was 1999 or 2000?

I want to try find a full match replay. I remember that was around the time I first got into league and that was the game I fell in love with the sport.

@Big Pete ?

2000 Anzac Test.

Going to this rule set will really hurt some of the international teams and basically makes Australia an overwhelming favourite due to Cleary's kicking game.

2020 was completely dominated by teams with the best kicking games. There's barely enough decent kickers in the NRL let alone the international game, so some teams that might've gone better under a rule set that can provides penalties will instead be stuck inside their own 20m line copping garbage six agains any time they get a hint of momentum.

Wait was the game not even televised here?

Sure it's a warm up match, but it's still a proper international.

Close game by the looks... reminds me of 2020 scorelines

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.