Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

Like i said There is no way in this world Melbourne should be able to afford Folau. Inglis, Slater, Smith, Cronk,White and Hoffman are all rep players so i cant see him going to the Storm. On the other hand i can see him going to Rugby. Another League star that goes to Union and plays like crap. Tahu is the perfect example.

NRL seriously needs to start to look at the salary cap and having 1 or 2 players per team that arnt in the sallary cap. Some people say its not fair on the poorer teams but hey what do we care, we are one of the richest if not the richest. The more i look at it if we loose Folau and dont resign some of the dudd's we currently have running around then we should have over 1mil spare to spend on some decent first graders. Somebody mentioned the 08 side. Only three rep players in that side and the rest were decent first graders and we had plenty of depth. Paying $400,000 a year for one persons in my opion is stupid. If he is injured which he has been twice now we get screwed.

I cant believe that Folau has gone behind his team mates back and try and get back to the Storm. We will have another Sonny Bill Williams on our hands.

I'll boo the crap out of Izzy if he decides to leave... Grow up you big skirt FFS I miss mummy oh wait I miss Billy he knows how to hit the spot!!

I don't think he'll go to Aust Rugby given their comments re signing League players to incentive based contracts only the other day.

Rugbys due to pull over a anouther name NRL star... if it means we can sign up two guys like Petro and Stagg (wishing) then we're no worse off and possibly in front.

Bucking Beads said:
I'll boo the crap out of Izzy if he decides to leave... Grow up you big skirt FFS I miss mummy oh wait I miss Billy he knows how to hit the spot!!

[icon_lol1. icon_thumbs_u

i'd rather wait and see what happens in the next few weeks before giving folau a baking. we all know how sensationalist rugby league media can be so I'll believe it when I hear it from his mouth.

Why is he so unhappy at the Broncos? If the story is true, to be considering dropping big $ just to get out of the place there must be something more to it.

Personally at this stage I am inclined to think he will stay and the story is largely beaten up from the comments from the Storm insider.

Dexter said:
Why is he so unhappy at the Broncos? If the story is true, to be considering dropping big $ just to get out of the place there must be something more to it.

Personally at this stage I am inclined to think he will stay and the story is largely beaten up from the comments from the Storm insider.

Good point Dexter. If i was Melbourne Storm i'd want to read in the paper the Israel Folau wanted to return. Gets the fans excited and more publisity for the club.

I don't believe any of it. Can't believe everything The Courier Mail writes.

I don't want to believe it, but given most things written about Brisbane in the past few years is true, I may as well prepare myself.

i'd rather wait and see what happens in the next few weeks before giving folau a baking. we all know how sensationalist rugby league media can be so I'll believe it when I hear it from his mouth.

Spot on, Dont beleive everything you read people.

Izzy is only 20 years of age and will be a legend of the club, back the players dont hate against them.

The Broncos need our support more then ever at the moment.

Flutterby said:
db1459 said:
He is a tad overrated anyway. Excellent attacker but a turnstyle in defence.

If he goes then hopefully the club has learned that buying two or three quality players is better than signing one superstar. That is why I like Brain Smiths philosophy so much. Everybody on the nearly the same amount of money so that if someone is injured or leaves then he can be easily replaced.

Probably a big part of why Brian Smith has never coached a premiership winning team

hahahhaha.

I disagree with Brian's philosophy. Personally I don't think that is the reason why Newcastle had weak teams on paper but those sort of teams can win you games here and there and might go alright throughout the year but you need big game players for the business end of the season.

Sport lovers all know this - this is where the champions step into the arena and lead their team to victory. It's one of the glories of team sport.

The Michael Jordans, the Lebrons, the Langers, the Lockyers, the ronaldos...

I love it when a super star turns the game on its head and the crowd goes wild...

Remember that 06 pre-lim game against the Dogs where Locky ripped it? I remember his try... I remember thinking... wow... this man has led his team to victory... you dont get that sort of stuff with a team of equals...

geez we lose 4 games and out come all the cheap shots........really harsh to bag him based on the speculation...some of you turn so quick.........if it's all bs and he scores 20 tries and we make the 8 you'll all be worshipping him again ffs

shadow said:
geez we lose 4 games and out come all the cheap shots........really harsh to bag him based on the speculation...some of you turn so quick.........if it's all bs and he scores 20 tries and we make the 8 you'll all be worshipping him again ffs

Well said

Israel isn't go anywhere. I spoke to his dad personally yesterday.
It was a joke he made to his former teamates during the grand final week that he wanted to come back to play for the Storms just so he can play in the grand final.
And Inglis joked back, saying the Storm could sign him on match payments.

Big_Dave said:
It was a joke he made to his former teamates during the grand final week that he wanted to come back to play for the Storms just so he can play in the grand final.
And it's only coming out now? Strange... [icon_confu

Thanks for that. icon_thumbs_u

We would miss him if he left. He hasn't been the super star that we all know he can be, but he's only 20. The only thing is that when he's on the field for Broncos I don't see much passion.

Big_Dave said:
What a huge relief that is!

Active Now

• Battler
  • blacknwhite
  • Big Del
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Hurrijo
  • Jazza
  • Brocko
  • cento
  • Aldo
  • Justwin
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ozired
  • Wolfie
  • Bongo
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.