It’s not Seibold’s fault

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Your point, yes. Foordy’s point was that he lost to the Titans and therefore hasn’t shown anything positive. I’m not arguing for or against at this point, hence why I responded to him with a fact and not your original comment with an opinion.

Fair enough.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Just think he has a bit more experience having been a head coach for many years and having actually won a premiership.
He has a reputation for being a no nonsense hardhead which might be just what a bunch of kids who think they’re better than they really are need.
You don’t think these might be factors....?
Adding on to the above, in 2014 he won the comp using a power game with a group of big forwards (not unlike ours, although i would say ours are better athletes). I think he would have developed structures that would compliment the make up of our team.

Last edited:

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Who is on the current coaching squad? I wonder if Seibs is literally inundunated and needs to call in reinforcements to get the training and strategy done.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
How is on the current coaching squad? I wonder if Seibs is literally inundunated and needs to call in reinforcements to get the training and strategy done.

What is your point? I don't follow

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Apparently Ben Cross was the defensive coach.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Last edited:
L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Not much chop. Glad he's gone
No one rated him on here but there was absolutely nothing to base it on... we have got 100 points in 3 games scored against us since he's left though, maybe he was good

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Peter Ryan I guess.

He is now. Signed to work with us for the remainder of the season.

I hope for two reasons he succeeds. 1, so we improve, 2, so the legend of his defensive coaching ability is cemented and confidence in him re-assured.

I just hope he isn’t on a hiding to nothing with this group...

I do like that it obviously and clearly breaks the bullshit ‘Broncos are against the old boys’ narrative, which has popped up (mostly from that c*ckhead - Tallis)... This narrative is then parroted, despite the fact we can see for ourselves - Alfie on the field every week, Michael Hancock still works for the club, Lockyer is on the board, Parker is assistant coaching, Hodges and Jack Reed work in development and on and on it goes...

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
All these guys know who to tackle before they are anywhere near the NRL. Need to work on defensive structures in the backs especially but the rest is attitude and that is Seibold's job.

Rant .... A lot in this post. Individual defence and the team structures. Of course everyone knows how to tackle. Can't get past schoolboy level unless you can. But then, just because you can doesn't mean you do, and do well, and do it consistently, which seems to me to underlie a big part of our issues in defence. And this comes down to attitude, one's attitude to doing your best - pride in your work so to speak, and then doing your best for your mates in the team, for the team, so if you're sloppy and slack, your teammates aren't put under pressure because of that, and so the team's defensive performances don't suffer because of a shitty attitude to not doing what you're supposed to do, and btw get well paid to do. Everyone's in it together. It's called commitment, to do your best, and therefore a commitment to the team, the club, and your club's loyal fans

I know self portraits are always coloured yet when I played league, it was a matter of pride to me that when I tackled someone, they stayed tackled. No arm grabbing, no standing flat footed and watching an attacker walk past me putting pressure on my team mate next to me. Even when I was buggered, I didn't give up. Mind you, I remember getting trampled a lot, and as an aside, in my day the stiff arm and coat hanger were legit tackling techniques. Not that I did any of that, no way.

Maybe that's why I get so PISSED OFF when I see well paid top tier players in our team who don't seem to give a shit about their individual contribution to the team. That is attitude, and apart from honing tackling technique, that is what I hope Peter Ryan instills in this roster. Pride.

As for structures, a good start will be to get the line working as one, like we did back in 2015. And not having our back rowers stand under the posts when we are defending our line which shits me off no end.

End of rant.

Last edited:
mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
That feeling when your team thinks that blowing an 18 point lead is a step in the right direction.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Lozza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.