It’s not Seibold’s fault

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Yeah don't hold your breath on Bird sticking around. He has shown great patience and resilience but you've gotta think sitting on his ass for 2 seasons straight has made him unsettled. Plus we need his salary cap space back so it would be mutually beneficial to let him go.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
I think we may have trouble keeping dearden.
He has said he wants to test the market which is very rare for a broncos player who the club has said they want to re-sign.
Can’t blame him though he is stuck behind Milford and Croft so has limited options here.
Would be a loss though.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
With Milford and Birds money coming available 2021 we will certainly be in a financial position to keep Deardon if we want to.

Between now and then we just need to get him some decent time on the field to see what he has got.

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
With Milford and Birds money coming available 2021 we will certainly be in a financial position to keep Deardon if we want to.

Between now and then we just need to get him some decent time on the field to see what he has got.

Will Seibold give him a chance though? Unless Milford or Croft get injured I can’t see seibs rolling the dice.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He has said he wants to test the market which is very rare for a broncos player who the club has said they want to re-sign.
Can’t blame him though he is stuck behind Milford and Croft so has limited options here.
Would be a loss though.

Where did he say that?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah don't hold your breath on Bird sticking around. He has shown great patience and resilience but you've gotta think sitting on his ass for 2 seasons straight has made him unsettled. Plus we need his salary cap space back so it would be mutually beneficial to let him go.

It's such a shame about Bird, his injuries have er, hobbled a class act. Such talent and he has that energy and fight in him that we so badly need. I don't know if being unsettled is the problem so much as his bloody knee being suspect. For mine, he is exactly the FB we don't have.

I am unsure why you say we "need his salary cap space back" nor why we should let him go, at least until it is proven he just can't play anymore because of his injuries. To piss him off now I reckon is premature and unfair

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Would be a loss though.

We had the same conversation about Taylor. It's the way it is

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
If Seibs is serious about his future, he has to shuffle the combos and look at work can work and wont. Issues in the halves and issues at centre. Staggs defence needs major work and combo with a winger, Boyd/that spot and that wing is currently a disaster.

Milf was much better in defence playing straight line last week, but as soon as it comes to laterally move game over. Maybe he can survive playing one man in and push Fifi or Glenn out wider to help Boyd.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Milford has taken up his player option and Bird is likely to take up his, neither of their salaries will be coming off the books in 2021 unless they're released early.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I think it was in the print media somewhere.
I suppose it could be wrong but it makes sense.

Provide your source or don’t say it. We cop enough made up bullshit from the media we don’t need it from forum members.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Provide your source or don’t say it. We cop enough made up bullshit from the media we don’t need it from forum members.
Ok keep your jersey on. I don't make this sort of stuff up.
It was in Saturdays Courier Mail page 79.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Would be a loss though.

Testing the market as a 19 year old half with 4 or 5 games of experience. Jesus, the NRL kids are entitled these days.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Testing the market as a 19 year old half with 4 or 5 games of experience. Jesus, the NRL kids are entitled these days.

He hasn’t said that though. Badel made that up based on clubs being interested in him. Made up shit like this that is then repeated just makes the club and player look bad for no reason.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
That was made up by Badel with no quotes from Dearden or even his manager.
I know. If its correct he probably go it from Deardens agent, that is the sort of thing they would do.
We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I wouldn't dismiss it completely yet but hopefully he stays.

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
It would be very interesting to know what are the KPI's that justify the club terminating the contract. I just hope that someone in the organisation is working on a realistic succession plan in case AS does not work out and that we aren't left with the same scenario of a last minute scramble to appoint someone to the role. In my view they cannot appoint another rookie coach.

I seem to remember there being an official statement at some point in the not too distant path where the club said they would never appoint a rookie coach ever again after the debacle of Henhak and then the slow death of Hook.....
I don’t think one year at the helm is much better so they obviously thought they saw something but it’s not going much better so far.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.