OFFICIAL Jack Bird goes down

This is one reason i support a prescribed and supervised use of HGH. Sprinters have been doing it behind closed doors for years. Who knows whats fully happened in there unfortunately but i feel for the guy, reports saying its season.

Why do people think we can medically retire him? Loads of players have come back from multiple ACL injuries. Look at Moga, if he hasnt been medically retired i doubt Jack will be. I think people are dreaming if they think we can medically finish Bird as a player. The only way that will change is if this injury is a lot worse than we are being told.

I mean.. let's look on the bright side..

Boyd, Kahu & hopefully Bird & McCullough off the books next season.

Gonna have some serious cash for a little boy called Ponga.

I dont think Macca and Bird are going anywhere. They have good contracts they are unlikely to top elsewhere.

Guy's got rheumatoid arthritis, a chronic disease that causes joint problems and severe damage to ligaments, tendons and cartelidge. 3 seasons in a row - it's sad, but he's cooked. Bronc's are truely lost if they don't activate medical retirement. There is ample evidence he won't come good.

Alfie: Bird's down.
Seibold: Bird! What did he fall off the bench? What the hell's next? Stigmata?

Last edited:
I am injury prone, maybe i should get a job in a contact sport.
omg... mate everyone in this sport is injury prone... get over it
[automerge]1583910059[/automerge]
Could they...would they...surely not...but what if...:

1. Milford
6. Dearden
7. Croft
9. Turpin
14. McCullough
**** off mate

Last edited:
Jeez this news sucks the big one. The only sliver of comfort I could garner was that I won't need to see that horrendous mullet running around in Broncos colours.

What’s ironic is Birdy was quoted earlier saying he is keeping the mullet until at least Round 10 because of some superstition in regards to his injury history. He said if he can get past Round 10 injury free he will cut it then.

Didn’t even last 10 seconds.

I reckon we might see a bald eagle/Bird next off season

I love how our round 1 team is so much worse than anything I’ve ever posted on here. Macca and Isaako on the bench.. Woweee

Bird’s injury is a blessing. Isaako or Arthars battle it out for the fullback position, the loser gets the wing spot. Either way, I like it.

Bird basically confirmed that he will be here next year on insta. I assume the macca and Boyd money will go to Fifi with a bit left for other upgrades so we won’t be able to make any new signings in ‘21. Ponga is actually our only hope of winning a comp (unless Croft does a Moses and our pack carries us) in the near future if we manage to get him in ‘22 when Bird is off the books...

Last edited:
Unlucky as ****, but he's really turning out to be the worst Broncos signing ever. It's sad how many recent ones are in the running for that, but Bird wins based on number of games played, all his dropped balls last year and his salary. Obviously not his fault, but it is what it is.

He might stay next year, though if I was him I'd be looking into some witch doctors now. I can't see him staying after that though, just too unlucky here.

Last edited:
Unlucky as ****, but he's really turning out to be the worst Broncos signing ever. It's sad how many recent ones are in the running for that, but Bird wins based on number of games played, all his dropped balls last year and his salary. Obviously not his fault, but it is what it is.

He might stay next year, though if I was him I'd be looking into some witch doctors now. I can't see him staying after that though, just too unlucky here.

Some special rehab in Thailand or southern Asia is needed using special supplements.

Gotta be hard for Bird, it's pretty much career done unless he gets really lucky, 2 ACLs on the same knee within 1 year he will be lucky to be able to run again.

It's also probably ruined the Bronx chance of going far this year, I thought we had a good team going into this year but with Lodgey getting a big injury as well it just looks like another injury write off season before a ball is kicked, we would probably need a new star to emerge from our young players and Croft to play well above his wage to give us a chance this year.

Last edited:
Really sucks having so much money tied up in a player that misses 3 straight seasons when he was a confusing buy in the first place.

If by some miracle he manages to get on the field in 2021 I’d play him as the bench utility only and then move on. You can’t build a game plan around someone as unreliable (through no fault of his own).

If they can’t buy Ponga then fingers crossed that between Niu, Arthars and Walsh someone steps up.

Gutted to hear Jack has injured himself again.
I have so looked forward to seeing him back on the field playing his heart out for us, trying to regain the form he displayed while at the Sharks.

The only silver lining is this is good for my SVRL team, otherwise I am shattered both for the bloke and for the team.

I just hope Arthars and/or Herbie have a serious go at the position until Niu is ready for it, because Isaako won't get there and dare I say... won't be an improvement on Boyd. We are again the team with the worst fullback in the competition! 😢

Apparently some of the stuff he was saying after the injury was pretty dark.. Hope he's got a good support network around him..
His Insta post this arvo showed him to be pretty positive.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Midean
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.