OFFICIAL Jack Bird goes down

This is the Birdgate Affair. (You know the media loves to misuse watergate).

What is the NRL stance on stem cell therapy,surely our club could be sending him to Panama?

What is the NRL stance on stem cell therapy,surely our club could be sending him to Panama?

He would have to de register as an NRL player, end his contract and then hes free to do what he likes. As long as is a professional or semi professional athlete competing or registered to compete ASADA can test him at any time, potentially any place.

Not sure how tearing a ligament speeds up the onset of arthritis symptoms. If anything maybe the rehab periods reduce the speed of onset as he is not going to be so hard on the joint and the surgery gives the doctors a chance to consider also cleaning out the joint since he has a long rehab periods anyway. Maybe
It doesn't speed up the onset, it reduces recovery.
His arthritis causes inflammation in the joints.
This inflammation reduces mobility and can degrade the bones and ligaments in the joints.
[automerge]1583978729[/automerge]
No point telling him to settle down, it can be pretty frustrating having to explain a pretty simple concept over and over.
Simple concept? Repeated ACL dmg compounded by a lifelong arthritic condition? Possbile grounds for medical retirement looking at past examples like Inglis and Burgess?

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple concept? Repeated ACL dmg compounded by a lifelong arthritic condition? Possbile grounds for medical retirement looking at past examples like Inglis and Burgess?
Real simple dickhead.

lifelong ... as in before his last bloody contract ... therefore not bloody eligible

not to mention that there is zero chance the NRL ever allow 2 ACL injuries as a cause for medical retirement ... especially for someone in their mid 20's

furthermore, and really most importantly JACK DOES NOT WANT TO RETIRE.

lifelong ... as in before his last bloody contract ... therefore not bloody eligible

not to mention that there is zero chance the NRL ever allow 2 ACL injuries as a cause for medical retirement ... especially for someone in their mid 20's

furthermore, and really most importantly JACK DOES NOT WANT TO RETIRE.
Are you special? i don't give a flying fat **** when he signed the contract. If you cant run, you cant play. I am not saying he should retire under his latest injury, i am saying at what point does a guy retire because he cant play football anymore due to a lifelong medical condition and repeated injuries.
His condition will only get worse.
Repeated injuries will exacerbate the condition.
If he cant run, he cant play.

Got it? good!

It's not even round I yet can't they have it possibley repaired in like 3 or 4 months like Boyd and Macca did.

Can't we go for salary cap relief like bulldogs did for Forans injuries?

Are you special? i don't give a flying fat **** when he signed the contract. If you cant run, you cant play. I am not saying he should retire under his latest injury, i am saying at what point does a guy retire because he cant play football anymore due to a lifelong medical condition and repeated injuries.
His condition will only get worse.
Repeated injuries will exacerbate the condition.
If he cant run, he cant play.

Got it? good!

you're obviously to foolish to understand, so i'll try to spell this out for you once again slowly ...

you are talking about a "medical retirement" ... so while you may not care about when he signed his last contract ... the NRL do and that's all that fucking matters.

so that makes any arthritis that he may or may not have ineligible to be used as a basis for a medical retirement ... leaving only an ACL injury to consider, an injury that will never, be deemed career ending for a player in their 20's

the other thing that you can't seem to get through your thick skull is that JACK BIRD DOES NOT WANT TO RETIRE ... so it doesn't matter whether YOU want him to or not ... doesn't even matter if the club want's him to ... he will be here in 2021 fucking deal with it

Can't we go for salary cap relief like bulldogs did for Forans injuries?

unlikely ... Foran injured his shoulder playing a rep game, which is why the Bulldogs got the cap relief, Bird did his in training

The Bulldogs also only got 350k cap relief (Foran is on around $1 million) lol

It doesn't speed up the onset, it reduces recovery.
His arthritis causes inflammation in the joints.
This inflammation reduces mobility and can degrade the bones and ligaments in the joints.
[automerge]1583978729[/automerge]

Real simple dickhead.

Calm down Midean, you are the one who is missing the simple concepts here, and there's no need to call B4L a dickhead just for trying to explain the obvious to you

Could a medical retirement be on the cards anyway? Jack might want to play on but it only happened yesterday. What if 4 months from now doctors tell him RL is a no-go?

Could a medical retirement be on the cards anyway? Jack might want to play on but it only happened yesterday. What if 4 months from now doctors tell him RL is a no-go?
This is what i was getting at.
Of course Bird doesn't want to retire. He may not have a choice.
It has nothing to do with when he signed a contract, when he first got injured or anything like that.
But if his knee is shot, and he cant run, that will be grounds for a medical retirement regardless if Foordy can grasp this concept or not.
[automerge]1583987066[/automerge]
Calm down Midean, you are the one who is missing the simple concepts here, and there's no need to call B4L a dickhead just for trying to explain the obvious to you
If the shoe fits. And again, there is nothing simple with this Injury, that can be potentially career ending, depending on the outcome of the rehab and the impact his arthritis has on his recovery.

Last edited:

unlikely with an ACL ... they'll just build him a new knee and he'll be good to go in 12 months time ...

So simple right fellas?
Here is a list of examples Of early retirement due to injuries of Birds kind.
Ben Creagh - forced to retire due to chronic knee injury.
Nik Kosef - forced to retire due to repeated knee recons.
Anthony Watmough - forced to retire due to repeated knee injury.
Kyle Stanley - repeated knee recons forced early retirement.
Just to name a few who had careers cut short for the most part due to repeated knee injuries, and none of these blokes had Rheumatoid Arthritis.

So its entirely possible for Bird to be medically retired by a doctor, regardless if he wants to play on or not.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.