Jake Turpin Discussion

It really is that simple, yet our spud of a coach can't see it.
Getting rid of said spud is also that simple, yet our bag of spuds (AKA the board) can't see it.
I'm sure the board can see it, I mean, the results speak for themselves. He'll be fired during the off-season and then we can start to fix these issues.

I'm sure the board can see it, I mean, the results speak for themselves. He'll be fired during the off-season and then we can start to fix these issues.
The problem with doing it in the off season means we can’t start the interviewing process until then meaning the incoming coach won’t have adequate time to prepare for 21. Do it now, let Gentle take over the last 7 games and go to market for a new coach now, not in three months time.

The problem with doing it in the off season means we can’t start the interviewing process until then meaning the incoming coach won’t have adequate time to prepare for 21. Do it now, let Gentle take over the last 7 games and go to market for a new coach now, not in three months time.

I assume it's because of White? I know as much as you do but we need a new CEO anyway so any changes will likely happen once they are appointed. It's not like our entire squad is useless, we need 4-5 key signings and we'll be competitive enough for next season.

Maybe they already have a new coach lined up ?

Maybe they already have a new coach lined up ?
You’d think Kevvie is a lock, still you’d get rid of the cancer now. The players are abandoning the club.

You’d think Kevvie is a lock, still you’d get rid of the cancer now. The players are abandoning the club.
Player not players and he left for the money.

This all screams of White not wanting to have a caveat on his resume that he sacked the head coach in his final year in charge, but like you we don't know the full details of what's really happening behind closed doors. I'd be very surprised if the board haven't already advised someone (hopefully someone's [emoji6]) they're coaching the Broncos next year.

Player not players and he left for the money.

This all screams of White not wanting to have a caveat on his resume that he sacked the head coach in his final year in charge, but like you we don't know the full details of what's really happening behind closed doors. I'd be very surprised if the board haven't already advised someone (hopefully someone's [emoji6]) they're coaching the Broncos next year.
Players sniffing around other clubs, rumours of others wanting out. It’s more than a player. And he didn’t leave just for the money. If we were in contention with an adequate coach he’d be playing for us next year.

Man Turpin is injury-proned, you're not getting much value out of him if he keeps getting himself injured. Actually, I wouldn't mind if Turpin gets offloaded to another club.

I don’t want to speak ill of the injured, but let’s be honest, Turpin’s 30mins was bog average - O runs! Paix comes on and has a run in his first set. So much more energised when he came on. Paix is the future!

Last edited:
competition in general is pretty good to have should push them both to be better

Softest fucking try since we got scored on off a tap

Once again, as soon as we lose Turpin mid game, we go to absolute shit. He has to be one of our more vocal players.

Once again, as soon as we lose Turpin mid game, we go to absolute shit. He has to be one of our more vocal players.
I reckon Turpin is worth sticking with. Just neefs some certainty and some belief. look at cook 2 years ago. Het granville back to support him. His defence is ok has some aggression takes a step out better than Macca Some decent coaching he can be good

Our attack was struggling all night, mostly because of Turpin’s lack of creativity.

Turpin is weird, he can at times be pretty fucking good (like his first game back from injury) or pretty poor (his last 2 games)...all in a matter of 3 weeks. He's like Milford I guess, only his highs aren't as high and he has more of them. His defence is all over the place too, he can smash players and inspire teammates and then he can be lazy too. That seems like a team-wide problem though. His running game is definitely poor, I'm not sure why he's reluctant to run it. When he's switched on, his service can be really good.

I don't think he's a long term option, maybe Paix will progress quickly or we'll manage to steal someone good from somewhere else. I feel like his fiery approach is something that this team needs though, and needs consistently. The experienced players (Boyd, Milford, Oates, Glenn, probably even Ofa now after 100 games) are tits on a bull useless in leadership or getting the team out of trouble, so they pretty much need anything they can get to fire them up.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.