James Roberts - No Sanction for photo circulating on social media

• Thread starter the big farlowski
  • Start date
As much as I love Jimmy his moving wouldn't upset me that much. His defence has always worried me and I've yet to see him strike up a combination with his winger. Sure he has great speed and is electric to watch when he gets an inch of space, but his consistency has suffered this year through injury and if he needs specific coaching to perform then it's sad to say he is more a hindrance than a strike weapon for us.

As much as I love Jimmy his moving wouldn't upset me that much. His defence has always worried me and I've yet to see him strike up a combination with his winger. Sure he has great speed and is electric to watch when he gets an inch of space, but his consistency has suffered this year through injury and if he needs specific coaching to perform then it's sad to say he is more a hindrance than a strike weapon for us.

Staggs will be better than him soon (apart from speed he's a more complete player), and Bird is vital for his on field leadership. It depends what we get out of it though, I wouldn't be letting him walk McGuire style.

All depends if Souths management want him back too.

Remember, Wayne doesn't totally run the show down there as far as recruitment and retention goes.
Just like he didn't up here in Brisbane.

If you are part of this toxic culture problem at the club Jimmy, then adios amigo. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. **** TPJ off with you too if he doesn't pull his head in. Maybe you can hold hands on the way to the airport.

It will will leave us a bit light on centers if he leaves.

Our recruiting team need to fire up and find us one or two in the mould of Johnny Plath. Above average player willing to play for almost nothing and a died in the wool clubman till he left.

If true, will surely happen before June 30, that's the cut-off date isn't it?

Our recruiting team need to fire up and find us one or two in the mould of Johnny Plath. Above average player willing to play for almost nothing and a died in the wool clubman till he left.

That sounds like young Staggs all over eh. We got a good one in him.

That sounds like young Staggs all over eh. We got a good one in him.
Yeh he just has something that allows him to turn nothing into something. Once his defensive reads pick (which they will through game time) he will be a mainstay in our team. Chrissy Johns did'nt have lightening speed either but he was invairably first to the kick chase to hold the opposition in goal or at least in their 5M zone. I think Staggs will offer us that too in years to come.

Would suck to see him go but his output isn't the best and maybe Walker and Reynolds can get him better ball. Staggs will be far more consistent.

I think he's as good as gone. Probably for the best.

The NRL may as well just hand the trophy over to Souths now if/when he goes there. Reynolds, Walker, Cook, Jimmy - fucking deadly as!

Wayne, you sly old dog you. Gotta hand it to him.

Last edited:
Jimmy is a weapon but he still has his Demons. Prefer that they become another clubs problems. Cap space can be used elsewhere to improve us. Gutho for example.

At if he goes I'll be able to nominate Oates as my new undisputed favourite current player.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • NSW stables
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.