James Roberts - No Sanction for photo circulating on social media

• Thread starter the big farlowski
  • Start date
No punishment. Makes Payne Haas' punishment even more comical now. Blah blah blah high standards blah blah blah. Imagine how hard done by the young fella feels.

No punishment. Makes Payne Haas' punishment even more comical now. Blah blah blah high standards blah blah blah. Imagine how hard done by the young fella feels.

Yeah there’s no consistency.

I'm actually impressed. I've partied pretty hard, but passing out in a nightclub- never done that one.

That is a staircase of a private residence. Either the party or perhaps Mr Roberts’ home I presume...

I’d say party because then someone not necessarily closely connected to him, photographing him isn’t such a surprise. The surprise on the face of old mate in the blue shirt seems to corroborate that idea too.

The sinking ship where he tried his heart out to extend his tenure?

This is fucking hilarious.

People just can’t accept that Bennett is a better coach than Seibold.

Bennett also got himself fired too by trying to coach the rabbits at the same time. He’s a Wiley old fox so I’m sure he knew he was breaching his contract. Bennett May be a better coach but doesn’t change the fact he had nothing for this current squad. Even if he stayed we be getting flogged. He’s gone, best you get over it or start supporting Souths.

While it's not a good look, all he has done was have a few too many. Hasn't caused any trouble, just looked foolish.

Clearly has shit mates

Could have been anyone taking the photo and God only knows where or who's house he was in.
I ain't no saint and I don't have a drama with players getting on the booze and having a night out however getting carried out like a wounded soldier from world war 1 is top shelf. I have been on the sauce plenty and have been blind more than I can remember but never to the point where I am legless and passed out getting carried out of a private residence.. 1 positive. At least it wasn't a licensed premise...
I reckon his hang over the next day would have been atomic...

Last edited:
A week's suspension (which he has already served) and warning of far greater consequences if it is repeated should be enough. That said it makes the Haas suspension look draconian in reflection and throws into question what are the club's values.
By that standard it should be a month minimum, but won't. This needs to be dealt with, and explained to the players. Good luck with that.

Could have been anyone taking the photo and God only knows where or who's house he was in.
I ain't no saint and I don't have a drama with players getting on the booze and having a night out however getting carried out like a wounded soldier from world war 1 is top shelf. I have been on the sauce plenty and have been blind more than I can remember but never to the point where I am legless and passed out getting carried out of a private residence.. 1 positive. At least it wasn't a licensed premise...
I reckon his hang over the next day would have been atomic...

Nah, his mates are shit. They let their mate, a known alco and professional sports person, get to that state.

If your mates let that happen, they're not real mates that have your back.

Clearly has shit mates
Mmmmm, he's a grown man and his mates were there to support him, quite literally in this case. It was a private function in safe surroundings. I've known hundreds of similar situations and Robert's mates were there to keep him safe. If you are going to fall it's best if there's a safe landing. Clearly there was one person there who wasn't a mate, the one taking the photograph and who leaked it. The look on the face of the player carrying him said it all.

Bennett also got himself fired too by trying to coach the rabbits at the same time. He’s a Wiley old fox so I’m sure he knew he was breaching his contract. Bennett May be a better coach but doesn’t change the fact he had nothing for this current squad. Even if he stayed we be getting flogged. He’s gone, best you get over it or start supporting Souths.

Nah that's bullshit. Bennett was always going to get the arse, this whole "coaching souths" thing just made a convenient excuse. And I don't see how you can base your assertion that we'd still be getting under Wayne on anything bar wishful thinking. I'm happy enough to have Seibold on board but there's really no need to retcon shit to make our old coach suddenly terrible and malicious to boot.

Mmmmm, he's a grown man and his mates were there to support him, quite literally in this case. It was a private function in safe surroundings. I've known hundreds of similar situations and Robert's mates were there to keep him safe. If you are going to fall it's best if there's a safe landing. Clearly there was one person there who wasn't a mate, the one taking the photograph and who leaked it. The look on the face of the player carrying him said it all.

Yep, agree with you. Absolute shit stain for taking the photograph in the first place, and then to leak it, they have gone to an even lower level.

I have no issue with the way that the club has handled it either in the circumstances. Given Jimmy's history welfare issues are to the fore here and need to be addressed in a empathetic manner.

James issues aren't just recent - back in 2012 here at Penrith he was completely undisciplined on and off the field. Gus worked his ass off to get the guy back on track, Wayne then worked hard and 7 years on - he still cant use his brain to manage his recovery and treat his body responsibly? Hes an origin player and with whats hes been through via self choices should be more aware and respectful.

Unaware of his current mental state, the behavior shows hes not learning or thinking. Its a pretty bad sign considering the extremes he can go to. Broncos need to handle this more than gently, cotton gloves have been out for too long.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  • LGH
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.