RUMOUR Jayden Nikorima to the Broncos

No to JNik.

Let’s review -

1) turned his back on us to chase coin that he hadn’t earned the right to ask for

2) failed at Roosters

3) not as good as Kodi

Nah.

He can rot in ISC.
You only have a short NRL career you cannot blame a 18 year old JNik behind Milford, Hunt, knik and Taylor for leaving. Let's be realistic I'm sure if another company offered you a promotion and triple your money you'd be gone in an instance. So don't be an idiot and condemn the kid.

You only have a short NRL career you cannot blame a 18 year old JNik behind Milford, Hunt, knik and Taylor for leaving. Let's be realistic I'm sure if another company offered you a promotion and triple your money you'd be gone in an instance. So don't be an idiot and condemn the kid.
Well given the fact that you’ve completely missed the point, ie that he wen to Sydney because he believe his own hype and now he’s realised he’s not that great he wants to come crawling back (having told us he was staying and then fucking off) and the Broncos don’t want him.

He can rot in ISC as a cautionary tale for 18 year old players.

I suspect that the word idiot might be a more appropriate description of the person you see the mirror.

Hot tip for young kids, you’re not as good as your manager reckons you are.

I tend to agree as it sends a strong message to juniors that if you want to leave the nest that raised you, you won’t necessarily be welcome back when you realise the grass isn’t greener.

He’s the ultimate cautionary tale.

When Sydney clubs come looking for Haas etc just remind them of JNik.

You can blame a kid when he is the one who has made all the bad decisions when he was given good advice to the contrary.

He has shown very little to believe that he is either a. Committed to our club or b. Worth pursuing for his ability at the expense of anyone else, which he would be given how little room we have left in our cap.

I'm sick of this if you were offered triple your wage you'd take it rubbish. It's just a cop out with no context.

If, in the real world, you were offered triple your wage it would mean a fairly substantial increase in your responsibilities or some fairly demanding working conditions. Your suggestion is someone just paying you triple wage for the exact same job.

If the latter then you know your role and take it, but just means you were underemployed in the first place, an NRL example would be Blair, Green, ect. ie veterans who are offered more money but know what they bring. For the former it means you're basically suggesting someone straight out of uni getting offered a senior role. It's a ridiculous concept and if it did occur they would be quickly shown to be out of their depth and sent packing hugely denting their career. ie jnik, Hastings, etc.

I was actually in a somewhat comparable situation coming out of uni... i was offered a grad job in Brisbane and also a fifo at Curtis Island for more than double the pay. I chose the grad job for less money, because I knew for my career it was best to learn and gain experience from senior staff, under the knowledge that as I developed higher positions would come my way. I was in it for the long haul and not to make a quick buck as I was intent on making a career out of my profession.

Every promotion or job is taken on merit and context rather than just cash... It's still the same in league as jnik should've known with greater cash comes greater responsibilities, of which he wasn't ready for, and it has now dented his career.

Fact 1: Jayden was hyped up by many people (outside of BHQ that is) to become a superstar.
Fact 2: Jayden got offered 4x the contract he had at the Broncos by the grubs, mainly because of Fact 1.
Fact 3: Jayden was behind Milford, Hunt and Taylor, and probably on equal footing with his brother in the hierarchy at the Broncos.
Fact 4: Jayden would be behind Pearce and on equal footing with Hastings for a halves position.

Hindsight view is always 20/20, but put yourself as a 19 Y/O in the above position, and be honest about what you would choose.
Also remember that were it not for Pearce's moronic actions, the outcome of his decision could've been totally different.

P.S. Of course, this doesn't excuse the drug incidents, although I wouldn't put it past the grubs to frame him, so they could get rid of his salary burden.

Last edited:
I'm sick of this if you were offered triple your wage you'd take it rubbish. It's just a cop out with no context.

If, in the real world, you were offered triple your wage it would mean a fairly substantial increase in your responsibilities or some fairly demanding working conditions. Your suggestion is someone just paying you triple wage for the exact same job.

If the latter then you know your role and take it, but just means you were underemployed in the first place, an NRL example would be Blair, Green, ect. ie veterans who are offered more money but know what they bring. For the former it means you're basically suggesting someone straight out of uni getting offered a senior role. It's a ridiculous concept and if it did occur they would be quickly shown to be out of their depth and sent packing hugely denting their career. ie jnik, Hastings, etc.

I was actually in a somewhat comparable situation coming out of uni... i was offered a grad job in Brisbane and also a fifo at Curtis Island for more than double the pay. I chose the grad job for less money, because I knew for my career it was best to learn and gain experience from senior staff, under the knowledge that as I developed higher positions would come my way. I was in it for the long haul and not to make a quick buck as I was intent on making a career out of my profession.

Every promotion or job is taken on merit and context rather than just cash... It's still the same in league as jnik should've known with greater cash comes greater responsibilities, of which he wasn't ready for, and it has now dented his career.

comparing university to an nrl career is absolute horse shit.
why not take the triple amount of cash for a nrl career that generally has a max limit of 10 years!! and thats for the lucky ones.
majority of players dont get anywhere near a 100 games.
have you considered that jnik and hastings were junior superstars and didnt fire through to senior football? there are hundreds of kids like this all the time.
now for your comparison!! your uni degree will last forever and you can fall back on this anytime - hence your decision to stay in the city. you can take your degree and run with it for another 40 years, these kids who majority are uneducated and come form tough socio demograph backgorunds may only get one chance in their life to set themselves up - trying to place a comparison between your situation and jnik is garbage.

maybe jnik was another one of those kids who couldnt take the next step - no matter what club he played for.
do you honestly think he would have played top grade at the broncos in the last 2 years????? and he probably would have been paid a base min salary also.

Last edited:
Blaming Pearce is a cop-out imo. He was signed and used as a back-up half. Had there been an early injury to either of the halves he would have been thrown in anyway.

You might think that you can fall back on a university degree, but in the real world, it just isn’t true. You can fall back on a trade, but degree wise, if you haven’t practiced recently, then you are no better than an undergrad.

having a degree is a better fall back than no degree, especially when trying to compare between that and a nrl career.

You might think that you can fall back on a university degree, but in the real world, it just isn’t true. You can fall back on a trade, but degree wise, if you haven’t practiced recently, then you are no better than an undergrad.

Yes but that is talking about going to do a completely different job, complete set of different circumstances and no bearing here. At least, even if changing jobs, you can always go back (even if difficult). In league once you are washed up, you are washed up.

Blaming Pearce is a cop-out imo. He was signed and used as a back-up half. Had there been an early injury to either of the halves he would have been thrown in anyway.

The point is, the decision he made is not as clear cut as all the hypotheticals being thrown around here. Also, because he made a decision some on here say they wouldn't have made doesn't make it a bad decision at the time. Hindsight though shows it to be an unbelievably bad decision, that is what hindsight often does though.

How much time would you have in your chosen profession? The career you want? 40 years? 50 years? How much time would you have to make money to set yourself up for retirement?

Now compare that to your average footy player. Look at how much that timeframe decreases.

Sure, JNik didn't rise to the occasion, no excuses.

Truth is he also didn't get the opportunity to take a back seat to an experienced halfback, which would've otherwise happened.
The grubs also dumped him pretty quick for not delivering on the hype, and leading the team to wins fast enough.

Regardless, it has no bearing on the decision he made. Are you saying you wouldn't have made it?

comparing university to an nrl career is absolute horse shit.
why not take the triple amount of cash for a nrl career that generally has a max limit of 10 years!! and thats for the lucky ones.
majority of players dont get anywhere near a 100 games.
have you considered that jnik and hastings were junior superstars and didnt fire through to senior football? there are hundreds of kids like this all the time.
now for your comparison!! your uni degree will last forever and you can fall back on this anytime - hence your decision to stay in the city. you can take your degree and run with it for another 40 years, these kids who majority are uneducated and come form tough socio demograph backgorunds may only get one chance in their life to set themselves up - trying to place a comparison between your situation and jnik is garbage.

maybe jnik was another one of those kids who couldnt take the next step - no matter what club he played for.
do you honestly think he would have played top grade at the broncos in the last 2 years????? and he probably would have been paid a base min salary also.
I was mainly referring to the horse shit blanket comment that everyone will always take more cash when on offer.... hence my opening fucking sentence!!!

I have nothing against jnik taking the cash but I'm sick of the blanket "if you were offered more cash you'd take it" as if it is directly comparable to the real world.

I have no idea what I would have done because I've never been in that situation, who knows what was said in the meetings between himself and Bennett.

Signing a bloke who had never even played first grade for 370k a year, even if it was for the final year is a ridiculous move in itself, maybe Politis' ego wouldn't allow him to be outbid for something new and shiny he wanted. Maybe getting thrown into first grade so quickly did bad things for his ego and he took his chance for granted and believed he had "made it". Maybe he spent every weekend on the turps and cocaine which would also be detrimental to his development, I don't know the details and won't pretend to.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.